Remaining games and quality of defenses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Here's how the defenses rank for the games we have upcoming:

Browns - #30 in yards allowed per game, #22 in points allowed per game
'9ers - #31 YPG, #27 PPG
@ Vikings - #17 YPG, #6 PPG
Bears - #4 YPG, #28 (!) PPG
@ Ravens - #24 YPG, #25 PPG
@ Bengals - #21 YPG, #10 PPG
Cardinals - #9 YPG, #5 PPG
Lions - #22 YPG, #26 PPG
Buccaneers - #8 YPG, #32 (!) PPG
@ Seahawks - #5 YPG, #9 PPG
@ '9ers - (See above)

Should be able to rip off some offensive outbursts the next two games, hopefully get us some momentum going into the Vikings/Bears games.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
How can chicago and tampas Ds be ranked so high in YPG yet give up so many points? I could understand being ranked low in YPG yet high in PPG, but to allow points but not yards doesnt make sense.

Penguin.

Rookie
How can chicago and tampas Ds be ranked so high in YPG yet give up so many points? I could understand being ranked low in YPG yet high in PPG, but to allow points but not yards doesnt make sense.

Turnovers at their end of the goal line. Them having the ball most of the time, then turning it over, the offense for the other team ripping 20 yards for a TD opposed to a 80 yard drive.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Good question. Maybe bad special teams play giving opponents short fields to work with? :thinking:

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Apparently 26th and 32nd respectively on Opponent's Starting Field position, so everyone has less distance to go for points.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently 26th and 32nd respectively on Opponent's Starting Field position, so everyone has less distance to go for points.
Great stat, thanks!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
momentum isn't a word in the Rams vocabulary. but they sure as hell better capitalize on the next couple games. Cinci and Baltimore defenses are going to be real interesting