Relocation's impact on NFL popularity

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I guess the NFL is apparently banking on the casual fan. To me personally musical franchises cheapens the NFL, and renders what it means to be a hardcore fan pretty meaningless. Your team can be taken away for the temporal profit concerns of a capricious ownership at any time (except the Packers, who are actually THE GREEN BAY Packers--publicly owned and can't be moved). I think it's safe to say as a kid the LA Rams were more important to me than they were to Georgia Frontierre, but that mattered to far too few people.

The NFL obviously doesn't care, the media always goes along with it, and there are always enough casual fans in new cities too vacant to realize they're supporting a stolen team, one that was ripped away from long-time and diehard fans and families, and too vacant to think ahead that what they're doing--thanks to their brainless support--can also happen to them.

Fans should make the relocations (Chargers to LA, Las Vegas) fail, and force the teams back home. Will they? Not a chance--too many airheads that see something shiny and new, regardless of the morality of it, the long-term repercussions, the contradiction of it, etc. Media should grow a spine and support the fans for once as well; again, not, sad to say, gonna happen.