Reid to KC "Imminent"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
337c0a7702b743ce9a5adee.png

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/stat ... 4652488707

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Glad he isnt going to the Cardinals. He would have made them more competitive instantly with his knack to improve QBs.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
libertadrocks said:
Glad he isnt going to the Cardinals. He would have made them more competitive instantly with his knack to improve QBs.

Yeah because Kolb was at Philly before he went to Arizona, so he would be very familiar with his offense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thank goodness for that sweet KC BBQ ... I didn't want him in zona either.

Kolb probably helped steer him clear of zona anyway. Andy knows all about corn kolb.

All that being said... watch him sign with zona in 2 weeks.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wasn't Fisher sure thing to go to Miami at one point as well? I'm not holding my breath on this one, it's not over till its over.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Kinda surprised he is moving so quickly to get another job. Guess that's just what he needs to do.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamFan503 said:
Kinda surprised he is moving so quickly to get another job. Guess that's just what he needs to do.

I think it was Adam Schefter who reported he was telling his "assistant coaches to be ready that he'll be with a new team inside of 1 week". Or something like that.

Not to mention, there is a lot of work to do moving to a new team (player evaluations). The sooner that is started the better prepared for the draft/offseason events, etc.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:

Not to mention, there is a lot of work to do moving to a new team (player evaluations). The sooner that is started the better prepared for the draft/offseason events, etc.

Yeah - all true. I guess I just thought he would take a year off. Shows what I know about him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Re: Reid to KC "Imminent"

I wonder if the Chiefs are gonna make him take a physical? Too much BBQ could kill the man.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Angry Ram said:
Alrighty then, one less thing to worry about.
Yeah I'm glad we don't have to deal with him in our division. I think he is a good coach and I don't want him being any part of the Cardinals. I think we may have dodged a bullet there.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Good for Reid..as long as Pioli is out he should turn the Chiefers around in a few seasons however w/ Peyton Rocky Mountain Manning running the DEN show it may keep Reid from ever overtaking the AFC East.

No worries re: AZ leave it up to a Bidwell to fuck that up. Can you imagine the possibility of replacing 'Because I'm the Whiz' w/ Haley while overshadowing Horton..as a Rams fan I fuckin love it!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Reid was officially hired by KC this morning, they also fired GM Pioli.

Essentially they're giving him the "Fisher" treatment only with more control. They're allowing him to have say on the GM and all the coaches and personnel. He'll have final say on everything though, so I think it's going to be more Reid's team than anything (opposed to Fisher and Snead being more equals), but sounds like KC got themselves a pretty stable situation here.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Just talked to a big Chiefs fan... He's not very happy about the hire. He is worried about defensive deterioration. After Johnson left the Eagles organization the defense went downhill. Reid looked clueless about hiring the right coaches and finding the right players. He also questioned Reids ability to turn around the offense, pointing to the talent Philly had at the skill positions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Just talked to a big Chiefs fan... He's not very happy about the hire. He is worried about defensive deterioration. After Johnson left the Eagles organization the defense went downhill. Reid looked clueless about hiring the right coaches and finding the right players. He also questioned Reids ability to turn around the offense, pointing to the talent Philly had at the skill positions.
Legit concerns. His choice for DC was just weird.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
libertadrocks said:

Yeah?

Vick = overrated. Always has been.

Desean Jackson = good player but there are many more WRs that are more complete and I'm not even talking about Megatron, Fitz, Johnson.

Maclin = best WR they have, but he's been hurt.

Celek = good player, I'll give them that.

They're best player on O is McCoy, but he was hurt much of the season. But now they got a 2 back system w/ him and Bryce Brown.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
libertadrocks said:

Yeah?

Desean Jackson = good player but there are many more WRs that are more complete and I'm not even talking about Megatron, Fitz, Johnson.

They're best player on O is McCoy, but he was hurt much of the season. But now they got a 2 back system w/ him and Bryce Brown.

Pretty much agree but:

Vick > Cassel

Jackson > Baldwin(Bowe is a FA that wont be back)

Maclin > McCluster

Celek > Moeki

McCoy/Brown > Charles/Hillis

The only advantage KC has is the Oline

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
And it's a huge advantage. That's a big ass line.

Lesson

Oh, really?
KC also has good defensive players in Johnson, Berry, and Flowers.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
libertadrocks said:
Angry Ram said:
libertadrocks said:

Yeah?

Pretty much agree but:

Vick > Cassel

Jackson > Baldwin(Bowe is a FA that wont be back)

Maclin > McCluster

Celek > Moeki

McCoy/Brown > Charles/Hillis

See I think Charles is only slighlty below McCoy. He's can freakin fly. Hillis is a poor man's Steven Jackson, he can get the tough yards.

Vick > Cassel is only by default. Both are just turnover machines. See if KC can get even Alex Smith they would be better.

If I was a KC fan only reason I wouldn't like it b/c you wonder if Reid is "worn out" from football. But hey, if he wants to coach..who am I to stop him?