Regular refs back tomorrow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Apparently they reached an 8 year deal and the regular refs will be ready for the Baltimore Cleveland game tomorrow night.

They're signing the paperwork now (according to NFL.com), and thanks to Hochuli the lockouted refs are ready to step on the field right away.

*Update*

It's done.

------------------------------

The NFL reached an eight-year agreement with the NFL Referees Association on Wednesday night to end the lockout, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the refs will be back on the field starting Thursday night.

The new collective bargaining agreement is the longest between the league and game officials in NFL history.

For a complete Thursday Night Football schedule, go to NFL.com/TNF.
"The long-term future of our game requires that we seek improvement in every area, including officiating," Goodell said in a statement released by the league. "This agreement supports long-term reforms that will make officiating better. The teams, players and fans want and deserve both consistency and quality in officiating.

"We look forward to having the finest officials in sports back on the field, and I want to give a special thanks to NFL fans for their passion. Now it's time to put the focus back on the teams and players where it belongs."

Goodell temporarily lifted the lockout so officials can work Thursday night's game between the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens (8 p.m. ET on NFL Network). According to the NFL, officials will vote on the agreement Friday and Saturday, and a clinic for the officials will be held after the vote.

NFL referee Ed Hochuli told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington that he's ready to referee a game this weekend. The referees expect to ratify the deal Saturday morning, Hochuli said.

"But all 121 guys and I are very glad we're back," Hochuli said. "We are ready. We missed preseason, and there's nothing we can do about missing on-field practice. But we've worked very, very hard over the last several months. We've taken 18 extensive rules test, watched hours and hours or video every week. We've worked very hard to be prepared. I think we're ready."

When asked how many curls he did when he heard the rumors that a deal might be getting done today, the famously muscular Hochuli said, "As soon as I heard the rumors, I got down on the floor and started doing pushups."

The league released the following terms of the agreement:

» The current defined benefit pension plan will remain in place for current officials through the 2016 season (or until the official earns 20 years of service). The defined benefit plan will then be frozen.

» Retirement benefits will be provided for new hires, and for all officials beginning in 2017, through a defined contribution arrangement, which will have two elements: an annual league contribution made on behalf of each game official that will begin with an average of more than $18,000 per official and increase to more than $23,000 per official in 2019, and a partial match on any additional contribution that an official makes to his 401(k) account.

» Apart from their benefit package, the game officials' compensation will increase from an average of $149,000 a year in 2011 to $173,000 in 2013, rising to $205,000 by 2019.

» Beginning with the 2013 season, the NFL will have the option of hiring a number of officials on a full-time basis to work year-round, including on the field.

» The NFL will have the option to retain additional officials for training and development purposes, and may assign those additional officials to work NFL games. The number of additional officials will be determined by the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... aking_news

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
Apparently they reached an 8 year deal and the regular refs will be ready for the Baltimore Cleveland game tomorrow night.

They're signing the paperwork now (according to NFL.com), and thanks to Hochuli the lockouted refs are ready to step on the field right away.
TGIThursday.

Never thought I'd miss them. I guess I was "in love' with them and never knew it.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
:p

Attachments

• best_friends.gif
    best_friends.gif
    517.3 KB · Views: 209

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I kinda hate it. I mean the rentarefs were awful scared to go against the home team and the Rams are at home for the next two weeks against division foes. I was kinda looking forward to it. But maybe the real refs will pay the Seahags back this week.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Ramhusker said:
I kinda hate it. I mean the rentarefs were awful scared to go against the home team and the Rams are at home for the next two weeks against division foes. I was kinda looking forward to it. But maybe the real refs will pay the Seahags back this week.
Well, we all know that Carroll can't resist seeking an edge, so I'm glad he won't be able to try his luck on the replacements.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well this may be my last chance to make my point about this so here goes.

I think that the Shameless in Seattle, Discount Double Catch, Oh HellNo Mary play shocked the referees and the owners into the realization that ONE SIDE couldn't be entrusted with being THE SIDE to be blamed for not caring enough to get the impasse settled.
If it was the owners who were going to get all the blame for things then WHY shouln't THEY get all the glorry ,money ?
Why was it managements responsibility to be THE SIDE who cared MORE for the integrity of the game.
I have been a manager my entire life and I've always maintained there wasn't enough money in existence to MAKE someone who only cared about money satisfied and those who though a dispute had to center around it,didn't care enough about the goals of the org. INCLUDING keeping it financially sound.
GM was brought to it's knees by what has been described as greed from BOTH sides.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I wonder how sharp the regular refs will be. Usually they have camps and preseason to get warmed up. This year they're being thrown in the fire. Could be some growing pains. Just hopefully not against us...and hopefully against the Seahawks :twisted: