Regrettable Jerseys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Anyone out there ever buy a Rams jersey that they now regret buying because of the player involved? Closest I've come is that I had, at one point, a signed Tony Banks rookie card that someone gave to me that I was glad I didn't pay money for.

But I imagine there might have been people out there who bought Lawrence Phillips jerseys that are completely unwearable now. And while it's not my intention to compare the two, Michael Sam probably set a record for most jerseys sold of a guy who didn't even make the team (or indeed any team's main roster).

So anyone have stories here?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams should allow everyone who bought a 'Michael Sam' jersey to exchange it for free!!

V3

Hall of Fame
The Rams should allow everyone who bought a 'Michael Sam' jersey to exchange it for free!!
They knew he was a longshot to make the team so I really don't feel sorry for anyone who bought one. Besides that, it's still not a bad thing to keep it simply for the fact that it's an important milestone in pro-sports.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't buy jerseys anymore. I'm cursed. I bought a Sam Bradford jersey for myself and we all know how that turned out:(. I also bought an Eric Berry jersey for my brother and now he has cancer. :cry::sick:

I'm done buying them unless it's a Wilson, Kaepernick, Brady, or Arizona-QB-of-the-week jersey....hey that gives me an idea....wait, I may hate them but I don't want them getting cancer. I need to learn how to temper my powers so I can just make them suck.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The Patriots did this for Aaron Hernandez and the Ravens did something similar for Ray Rice. Sam, to my knowledge, isn't a murderer or woman beater. The Rams were straightforward that Sam wasn't a lock for a roster spot and people still purchased them. When the Broncos start exchanging Maurice Clarett jerseys for Peyton Manning then the Rams can swap Sam jerseys.
mygyZPDykB8PDuHcvg7VJzQ.jpg

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
228_1_250x250.jpg

I had a Dane Looker jersey. Not really a regret... He just didn't pan out so that's the closest I've got

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I bought a #88 Holt jersey, then the son of a bitch changed to #81 the next year. Lol

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Three times, and I'll NEVER buy a jersey of an active Rams player ever again. I'm cursed.

- 1986, bought an Eric Dickerson jersey, the next year he blows up about the contract and gets traded for a bunch of draft picks, most of which are wasted by that incompetent sack of excrement, John Shaw.

- 1987, bought a Jim Everett jersey. He actually had two very good seasons thereafter, 1988 and 1989, but then the bottom fell out of the team in 1990 and everybody put all the blame on him (quite unfairly, if you ask me). Eventually he was ran out of town to New Orleans, where he rebounded somewhat and set many franchise passing records that stood up until the arrival of Drew Brees. As a final note, I like to remind Everett bashers that Jim won his last game at Anaheim Stadium (as a Saint) ... while the Rams did not.

- 2001, bought a Kurt Warner jersey late in the season. The next season, the Rams started out like crap, Warner got hurt, and his Rams career went into a tailspin and he was run out of town as unceremoniously as Everett was before.

Maybe someday I'll buy a jersey for Faulk, Youngblood, somebody like that. But never again for an active Rams player.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm lucky and don't regret any jersey.

SJack. Will represent sticking through the dark ages.

Sam Bradford. Will represent dedication and patience.

Tavon Austin. It was cheap, lol.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
In honor of my favorite player I got an Aeneas Williams jersey in middle school. My only regret is having my aunt get it for me, she got a XXL.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Not a Rams, but I can't believe I bought a Miles Austin jersey. He had ONE good year, and apparently hamstrings CAN be made out of toilet paper.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
When I was in high school and the team was killing everyone I couldn't get my hands on enough Rams jerseys...I bought a Trung Canidate and Tommy Polley jersey.

I don't think I'll ever buy another jersey because players come and go so often anymore...and until I know the Rams are committed to St.Louis I can't afford to purchase any apparel at all. Currently on game days I rock my Aeneas Williams jersey and one of my handful of Rams hats. Every once in a while I'll switch up the jersey to Little or Holt. I also have a Long 72 that I'd love to wear but I've lost some weight since buying it and is way too big.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I own a Bradford Jersey I bought the week he went down last season. It's still hanging in the closet. I have hope for it though.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I own a Bradford Jersey I bought the week he went down last season. It's still hanging in the closet. I have hope for it though.
We're all gonna get together and get you an Austin Davis jersey... ;)