Regime Change?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Well Rams Fans, now that we are over halfway into the season and have lost as many times as all of last year, what are your feelings towards Spags and the rest of the coaching staff? I mean it is clear as day that Spags seems lost half the time always making bad decisions, calling timeouts at wrong times or just praying to god that he can win a game after going up one touchdown. I never have understood why when we get up on a team we just stop scoring points, like some kind of magic, well, I have a strong feeling it is the kind of game Spags likes to play, he wants a close defensive battle and teams aren't like that anymore they will run the score but the guy looked better as a head coach in his first season with us. BTW i was always a Spags supporter but after the season we've had and the amount of offensive production, make him out def coord, and get a offensive mind in here that will have the balls to try and put up points. Not pass, pass, run, punt every drive.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll follow up later. Driving right now.

superfan24

Starter
One more year is what I want. Too many factors put this season as down as not a clear ability of Spags HC ability.
Next year is the year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Short answer? No.

Long answer? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But seriously, lets not give Sam a third system in three years. Lets at least give them a full offseason to sit and learn all of the ins and outs of the new offense. It's obvious that not everyone understands it, Lloyd is probably the only person who gets it, with Sam a little behind him.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
Short answer? No.

Long answer? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But seriously, lets not give Sam a third system in three years. Lets at least give them a full offseason to sit and learn all of the ins and outs of the new offense. It's obvious that not everyone understands it, Lloyd is probably the only person who gets it, with Sam a little behind him.
I'm not happy with McDaniel's play calling, but to give up after one season is counterproductive. Neither can we be the team that changes HCs every 3 years. Patience and stability over the sudden spike that we all want. Change for change's sake? Not me.

Fan patience is burdened by 7 years without playoffs, but let's not bury the current coach because good things aren't happening fast enough for us.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Coaches coach players play our coach motivates our team to play hard and they do look at the Def we play 4-3 you need to score points for the pass rush to be effective because they have to pass we have only 1 weakness on our team that's WRs you telling me if Sam plays for example the Bengals he won't be great or any other team with a good wr corpse come on man its wit no off season it's not our Coaching staff

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've seen enough from this "Regime" over the last 2.5 years to know that I don't feel confident that they will EVER be able to do the job we all want them to do. I wish I didn't feel that way, I had high hopes for Spags and Billy from the start.

I completely understand fans wanting to establish continuity with the Management Team of the Rams. There certainly is a great value that can be gained from a stable environment with long term coaches and managers. All that is contingent upon starting out with the correct people though. Continuity with people incapable of getting the job done will always lead to less than desired results no matter how long they stay in place.

It's unfortunate, but the only thing that will disappoint me more than where our Rams are now,,, will be finding out that this Regime is being given more time.

It sucks having to make changes, but putting off making needed changes is worse.

So,,, "Regime Change?" You ask.... Fucking-A Right I think it's necessary. Again, wish I felt differently. It sucks major chode.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Im still supporting Spags, but I do firmly believe that there will be at least one position coach (Loney) fired and I do think it would be helpful to bring in a QB coach. Find someone that McD knows and is comfortable with.

I think if the offense can take a step up, finish the season on a high note, and the defense keeps doing what they are doing, Spags has a good chance at coming back. If we end up 2-14 im not sure if I feel too confident in Spags coming back. Not sure what Kroenke will what to do. The biggest thing to think about is Bradford. We cant make him change offensive schemes AGAIN in his 3rd year. Is there the slight chance that we clean house and the new coaching staff comes in and does well with the team? Sure, but I wouldnt count on it. It took the Niners a long time to finally find the right coaches for Alex Smith and that entire team.

If anybody here is in favor of Spags leaving Id like to know who you want to replace him, and should Kroenke clean house?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
Im still supporting Spags, but I do firmly believe that there will be at least one position coach (Loney) fired and I do think it would be helpful to bring in a QB coach. Find someone that McD knows and is comfortable with.

I think if the offense can take a step up, finish the season on a high note, and the defense keeps doing what they are doing, Spags has a good chance at coming back. If we end up 2-14 im not sure if I feel too confident in Spags coming back. Not sure what Kroenke will what to do. The biggest thing to think about is Bradford. We cant make him change offensive schemes AGAIN in his 3rd year. Is there the slight chance that we clean house and the new coaching staff comes in and does well with the team? Sure, but I wouldnt count on it. It took the Niners a long time to finally find the right coaches for Alex Smith and that entire team.

If anybody here is in favor of Spags leaving Id like to know who you want to replace him, and should Kroenke clean house?
Gruden, Cowher, or Fischer nothing less than someone with some XP under their belt.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
A new reigme would mean no Deavaney, no Spags, new GM = new philosphy = new coaches = their own players = new players = more learning = more time .

It's...depressing.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Barrison6 said:
JdashSTL said:

Gruden, Cowher, or Fischer nothing less than someone with some XP under their belt.

Gruden and Cowher have both said they do not want to become coaches again, at least not in the near future. Fisher? Pass.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
Barrison6 said:
JdashSTL said:

Gruden and Cowher have both said they do not want to become coaches again, Fisher? Pass.

Fisher in a heartbeat!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
Barrison6 said:
JdashSTL said:

Gruden and Cowher have both said they do not want to become coaches again, Fisher? Pass.

Fisher in a heartbeat!
Couldn't care less who it is. As long as they have some head coaching experience and weren't complete failures in their previous employment. And if they fail due to circumstances, but haven't lost the respect of the team, then I'll support them as well. Man I wish I still had the two videos of Linehan I made. Those were classics, but they're on my old computer that just flat out died. I had the famed Bulger eye roll, and I had another one of Jackson shoulder bumping Linehan on his way to the bench while Linehan had his hand extended. Now that was a coach that deserved to be fired. Even though he had a better record, he was absolutely a worse coach.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
Barrison6 said:
JdashSTL said:

Fisher in a heartbeat!
Couldn't care less who it is. As long as they have some head coaching experience and weren't complete failures in their previous employment. And if they fail due to circumstances, but haven't lost the respect of the team, then I'll support them as well. Man I wish I still had the two videos of Linehan I made. Those were classics, but they're on my old computer that just flat out died. I had the famed Bulger eye roll, and I had another one of Jackson shoulder bumping Linehan on his way to the bench while Linehan had his hand extended. Now that was a coach that deserved to be fired. Even though he had a better record, he was absolutely a worse coach.

No doubt, at the same time, we're essentially in the same place 4 years later....how depressing. We've got a better core, but it seems we've lost more in terms of rebuilding. I'm praying for a miracle next year, but I'm not counting on it....especially after this one. :bummed:

Anonymous

ramsince62 said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
Barrison6 said:
JdashSTL said:

Fisher in a heartbeat!

No doubt, at the same time, we're essentially in the same place 4 years later....how depressing. We've got a better core, but it seems we've lost more in terms of rebuilding. I'm praying for a miracle next year, but I'm not counting on it....especially after this one. :bummed:

On offense the problems are not being fixed. Defense has made progress. But 4 years.....damn.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm depressed. Is this "Ground Hog Day"?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm amazed with the job spags has done with the d with all the injuries this year. the offense though, ugh.

i can't see a change after such a weird season with the lockout and the unbelievable amount of injuries. plus bradford needs some continuity. all that money invested in him means the rams have to help him succeed. changing coordinators 3 years running is not the way to do that, it's the direct opposite.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
kurtfaulk said:

i'm amazed with the job spags has done with the d with all the injuries this year. the offense though, ugh.

i can't see a change after such a weird season with the lockout and the unbelievable amount of injuries. plus bradford needs some continuity. all that money invested in him means the rams have to help him succeed. changing coordinators 3 years running is not the way to do that, it's the direct opposite.

Or, the secret to success a la Alex Smith in SF?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
kurtfaulk said:

Or, the secret to success a la Alex Smith in SF?

But it still took him 7 years to find the right coaching staff that suits him lol.