"Reggie"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Why the "F" have I heard this guy's name so damn often this season??? You'd swear, "Reggie" was our new star QB. Hell, maybe they SHOULD put him out there and see what he can do! :boing:

Damn you, Reggie. I've heard more about you this season than I needed to.

"It's Reggie's fault."

*** Gonna make my own Rams jersey with the name "Reggie". And instead of a number, a bandaid or some crutches.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
The jersey idea is GREAT, i got a good laugh out of it, i might get one too... :sly:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Barrison6 said:
The jersey idea is GREAT, i got a good laugh out of it, i might get one too... :sly:

So if your at a Rams game wearing that jersey what do you do when a player is hurt? Do you just show off your jersey to the people around you and say "dont worry guys, Reggie's coming in!" :p

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Freakin Reggie's gonna need his own trainer if he doesn't cut back on his workload soon. And wouldn't that be the ultimate footnote on the season. Spags' last presser has him talking about Reggie's bad back and pending MRI.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've made my thoughts on this crystal clear... I'm not going to punish myself by going into this Reggie shit again. One would think that this guy is the most important member of the team if you happened to be an outsider listening to Spags vomit out his ....... (I said I wouldn't punish myself)

I watched the presser that Mike Tomlin of the Steelers held right after their game on Thursday night. You know, the game were Ben Rapenberger sustained a high ankle sprain and continued to lead his team to victory. Well, if you ever want to see an example of OPPOSITE ENDS OF A SPECTRUM... watch Tomlin's presser after that game, and then watch ANY presser from Spags. It will open you eyes (almost as wide as Tomlin's).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's a difference between Tomlin's post-game interviews, and Spags' post-practice interviews of course. Every coach; including Tomlin, starts their post-practice pressers with a list of the injuries. Spags might be the only one who names the trainer by name - I don't know. I haven't listened to all 32 coaches. Is what it is.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X is right. Tomlin had one of his post practice televised on the 4 letter network earlier this year. Listed a bunch a injuries then.

Spags repeatdly says injuries, but "certainly not an excuse." Tomlin is intense no matter what. I remember when he said "we'll unleash hell in December" and failed to make the playoffs. Even Steeler fans that was stupid for him to say that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
X is right. Tomlin had one of his post practice televised on the 4 letter network earlier this year. Listed a bunch a injuries then.

Spags repeatdly says injuries, but "certainly not an excuse." Tomlin is intense no matter what. I remember when he said "we'll unleash hell in December" and failed to make the playoffs. Even Steeler fans that was stupid for him to say that.
lol. Tomlin is most certainly NOT cognizant of how his comments are going to be portrayed. That's cool though. All coaches have different styles. I remember him saying he was tired of playing "a bunch of dead indians" to Josh Cribbs' "cowboy movies" before they played the Browns. I cringed a little when I heard that, but there wasn't much, if any, fall-out from that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Tomlin mentions injuries in the Post game presser on Thursday, quite a few actually. It's not that he doesn't mention injuries,,, it's the manner in which he talks about them that I'm referring to. Personalities aside,,, injuries can be addressed professionally without sounding like a _______ (well, without sounding like Spags does).

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wait so now we're harping on Spags for how he sounds when he gives us the injury report?

:what:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Tomlin mentions injuries in the Post game presser on Thursday, quite a few actually. It's not that he doesn't mention injuries,,, it's the manner in which he talks about them that I'm referring to. Personalities aside,,, injuries can be addressed professionally without sounding like a _______ (well, without sounding like Spags does).
Ah. So that's where we are again. Talking about his mannerisms.

I hear what you're saying. Hard not to. Like I said - all coaches have different styles. Nobody gave a fuck about Vermeil crying about injuries I guess. Literally. Crying. And how did his coaching tenure end up? Not saying Spagnuolo is going to walk the same path. Just reiterating that there are different styles.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:
Ah. So that's where we are again. Talking about his mannerisms.

I hear what you're saying. Hard not to. Like I said - all coaches have different styles. Nobody gave a fuck about Vermeil crying about injuries I guess. Literally. Crying. And how did his coaching tenure end up? Not saying Spagnuolo is going to walk the same path. Just reiterating that there are different styles.

"Opposite ends of the spectrum" was my point.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
bluecoconuts said:
Wait so now we're harping on Spags for how he sounds when he gives us the injury report?

:what:

I wasn't "harping" on anything. In fact, I avoided rehashing my thoughts on Spags's and his sidekick Reggie. I'm fairly confident you remember my post on Spags and his approach to dealing with injuries. Sorry if you missed it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
I've made my thoughts on this crystal clear... I'm not going to punish myself by going into this Reggie shit again. One would think that this guy is the most important member of the team if you happened to be an outsider listening to Spags vomit out his ....... (I said I wouldn't punish myself)

I watched the presser that Mike Tomlin of the Steelers held right after their game on Thursday night. You know, the game were Ben Rapenberger sustained a high ankle sprain and continued to lead his team to victory. Well, if you ever want to see an example of OPPOSITE ENDS OF A SPECTRUM... watch Tomlin's presser after that game, and then watch ANY presser from Spags. It will open you eyes (almost as wide as Tomlin's).

From that, I wouldn't garner that your illustrative point is that both coaches sit at opposite ends of the spectrum. Especially when you follow it up by saying he sounds like a __________. Which, as I said, is fine. We all have our own opinions, and you're not alone in having a problem with the way Spagnuolo speaks about his team.

I don't know what the big deal is about Roethlisberger winning against Cleveland (in Pittsburgh) with a high ankle sprain. Bradford did the same exact thing. Up until the day before the Rams played in Cleveland, Bradford was listed as questionable. Upgraded from doubtful the previous day. And so, he went out there (in Cleveland) with the same limited mobility and won. With markedly less support.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:
Angry Ram said:

lol. Tomlin is most certainly NOT cognizant of how his comments are going to be portrayed. That's cool though. All coaches have different styles. I remember him saying he was tired of playing "a bunch of dead indians" to Josh Cribbs' "cowboy movies" before they played the Browns. I cringed a little when I heard that, but there wasn't much, if any, fall-out from that.

Oh haha I forgot about that one.

He's cool tho. He's def. a players coach...who doesn't scream and grab facemasks either.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Must be nice to be named the head coach of a Franchise that had 2 head coaches the previous 38 years. Talk about job security. :shock: