Refs!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Like Steve Young said after the game. If that bullcrap OPI didn't happen, the Rams are carrying a 14-3 or 21-3 lead into the half and Jenkins doesn't even get caught out of position. Could have been a game-changer, but I'm finding it difficult to believe that the Rams would have been able to hold onto even a 21-3 lead with how they played in the second half.

I'm just numb to it all. So tired of all the losing, I don't even have the strength anymore.
Exactly how I feel. I really am considering not watching next week. Does AA cover football addiction?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
OMG That call on Cook was awful, total game changer.
It was a terrible call but that cannot be the play that breaks their back. Even the play that JJ screwed up for the long TD still had the Rams with a lead. The coaches got out coached in the second half. They had no answer for the pressure the 9ers brought and the youth showed their inexperience. They were out played by a defense with a bunch of replacements. It just cannot happen. They have to find a way to put a drive together to answer the 9ers score in the 3rd quarter and for whatever reason could not do it.

The PI was ridiculous but they have to be better than that

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Like Steve Young said after the game. If that bullcrap OPI didn't happen, the Rams are carrying a 14-3 or 21-3 lead into the half and Jenkins doesn't even get caught out of position. Could have been a game-changer, but I'm finding it difficult to believe that the Rams would have been able to hold onto even a 21-3 lead with how they played in the second half.

I'm just numb to it all. So tired of all the losing, I don't even have the strength anymore.
See, I disagree. Without Jenkins mistake, the Rams are in charge. They can do whatever they want. SF wouldn't have even scored a TD at that point, and it would be on them to make a game of it.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
It was a terrible call but that cannot be the play that breaks their back. Even the play that JJ screwed up for the long TD still had the Rams with a lead. The coaches got out coached in the second half. They had no answer for the pressure the 9ers brought and the youth showed their inexperience. They were out played by a defense with a bunch of replacements. It just cannot happen. They have to find a way to put a drive together to answer the 9ers score in the 3rd quarter and for whatever reason could not do it.

The PI was ridiculous but they have to be better than that
The fact remains the whiners wouldn't have scored that TD without the bogus call. It was a game changer. The Rams, on the other hand, would've scored at least a FG. 17-3 at the half. So, even if the whiners score that TD to start the 3rd quarter, they are still a TD behind. And Davis still has his confidence, instead of suddenly being behind.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The fact remains the whiners wouldn't have scored that TD without the bogus call. It was a game changer. The Rams, on the other hand, would've scored at least a FG. 17-3 at the half. So, even if the whiners score that TD to start the 3rd quarter, they are still a TD behind. And Davis still has his confidence, instead of suddenly being behind.
While I understand your contention it is really all just speculation, not fact. The only fact I see after this debacle is that our boys the Rams suck again and we are in for another long season.

Sappy113

Rookie
I can't recall ever having seen worse officiating than we've seen all year. And it's not just our games, either. It's all over, and there's not much consistency in what the refs are calling. What's allowed one week isn't allowed the next. It's just totally unreliable, and it's turning into a huge problem for the NFL. We're not the only ones thinking it honestly detracts from the integrity of the games.

THAT being said, this team can't be so mentally soft that we allow one bogus call to completely break our back. That's just ridiculous.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hate to lay blame on the Refs..BUT that Jared cook OPI call, the subsequent TD and the TD after the half killed our spirits. If that one call on Cook does not get made, then it could have been a whole different ball game...maybe 21-3!!! Football is a game that is so finely balanced that a play here or there, or crappy call made/not made can be the difference. Someone made a thread last week pinning the game on a handful of plays and it is true, but we need to start making life easier on ourselves so that these plays/calls don't impact us as harshly as they seem to at the moment.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
When I saw it I said it would be a game changer, and it most certainly was. Fisher knew it too, which is why he went ballistic.

Just once, since we are not going to get the calls, I would like to see one of our guys "accidentally" run into one of the officials and put him out of the game for a while.

Big Willie

Starter
While I don't blame the refs for the loss, it does appear to me that there are inconsistencies in their calls and the "good teams" seem to get the most favorable calls. Watch any game and you will see a lot of terrible calls. The NFL needs to step into 2014 and employ full time, referees. (And if that means the announcers will no longer feel obligated to refer to Ed Hoculee's old ass Guns...the so be it!)

rams2050

Starter
I don't even think it's the 'good' teams, but it certainly seems to be the 'most popular' teams are the ones who get the calls. When the Rams were selling lots of jerseys (after SB 34), then THEY got the calls. . . Or else Georgia really DID sell her soul in a Faustian bargain.

I thought Tagliabue sucked, but Goodell gives an entirely new meaning to the word 'SUCK!'

fearsomefour

Legend

I hear ya. Right there with ya.
Called to cancel the ticket today.
The thing that makes me batty about the whining about the refs is it is soooo weak. The team cannot execute. The NFL doesn't need to screw the Rams, the Rams are not a concern.
As for the "hold" on the long TD pass someone referenced if the passrusher dips his shoulder or engages the blocker at angle the blocker can have a hand one his front and back, unless he is grabbing the back o his jersey it is not a hold.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't even think it's the 'good' teams, but it certainly seems to be the 'most popular' teams are the ones who get the calls. When the Rams were selling lots of jerseys (after SB 34), then THEY got the calls. . . Or else Georgia really DID sell her soul in a Faustian bargain.

I thought Tagliabue sucked, but Goodell gives an entirely new meaning to the word 'SUCK!'
Georgia had no soul to sell.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hear ya. Right there with ya.
Called to cancel the ticket today.
The thing that makes me batty about the whining about the refs is it is soooo weak. The team cannot execute. The NFL doesn't need to screw the Rams, the Rams are not a concern.
As for the "hold" on the long TD pass someone referenced if the passrusher dips his shoulder or engages the blocker at angle the blocker can have a hand one his front and back, unless he is grabbing the back o his jersey it is not a hold.

But they did execute well in the first half, right up to the time of the phantom OPI. They had pretty much shut down the 9ers offense, and probably the longest play they gave up during that time was the one that ended in the fumble recovered by Lauranitis. On offense, the Rams moved the ball pretty consistently and were moving right up to the point of the phantom OPI. The team WAS executing just fine. And they got screwed out of a scoring opportunity through no mis-execution of their own. Are you ok with that?