Refs say Colin Kaepernick used racial slur

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
While I can't stand this guy and really detest his team, the No Fun League is once again taking things too far. This is a violent, emotional game and things get said in the heat of the moment. I guess smack talk is on the way out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/20/details-of-kaepernick-fine-still-not-clear/

Details of Kaepernick fine still not clear
Posted by Mike Florio on September 20, 2014

kaepernick2.jpg
AP

The NFL has fined 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick for “direct[ing] abusive language toward your opponent.” Kaepernick has appealed. Beyond that, not much is known.

The incident happened after the conclusion of a play in the fourth quarter of Sunday night’s game against the Bears. It drew both a flag and, as of Tuesday, a fine in the amount of $11,025.

The infraction arises under Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1(b) of the official rules, which prohibits “[t]he use of abusive, threatening or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.”

While Kaepernick has maintained that he said nothing offensive or profane, he is accused of using abusive language. It’s unclear what that includes, especially since (per a source with knowledge of the situation) the letter informing Kaepernick of the fine doesn’t say what he supposedly said.

Kaepernick’s appeal process will shed plenty of light on the situation. The league and the team undoubtedly will be scouring over any and all available audio generated by NFL Films or by the team. Coincidentally, the 49ers had a microphone on receiver Michael Crabtree during the game. A replay of the apparent incident, following an interception thrown by Kaepernick, shows Crabtree in Kaepernick’s immediate vicinity.

From the NBC broadcast, it’s clear that Bears defensive lineman Lamarr Houston gave Kaepernick a Cliff-Harris-to-Roy-Gerela-style attaboy after the turnover, that Kaeperick responded with a one-handed shove, and that side judge Laird Hayes intervened as the two men were jawing at each other. Perhaps Crabtree’s microphone or some other device picked up what Kaepernick said.

Either way, the details of this one will help all players understand what they can and can’t say during a game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://thebiglead.com/2014/09/18/should-the-nfl-fine-colin-kaepernick-even-more-for-lying/

There's a short video of the incident at the above link.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
As much as I dislike the 49ers and Colin Kapernick, I am not in the mood to take anything said by the officials at face value these days.

Athos

Legend
No tolerance for racial slurs. That's just a level of immature idiocy you should keep to yourself on the playing field.

Now, if players get fined for shits, fucks, etc, I have a problem with that. Natural reaction if you screw up in a sporting game.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
As much as I dislike the 49ers and Colin Kapernick, I am not in the mood to take anything said by the officials at face value these days.

I can't trust the refs or Kaepernick so idk with this one. Both parties are clueless.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CK is biracial, not white, he is half white half black....... in my opinion that doesn't make it any more or less inexcusable but I just wanted to clarify his racial makeup.

and I believe that he said itbecause he tries to act ghetto like that will increase his street cred

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
All i can think of is the negraph app from the Key and Peele Show. I about laughed so hard I darn near vomited.