Refs cheat for Patriots! Caught!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree with you Selassie. From here on out this season they should only correct that infraction and not allow it to happen.

I am wondering why he officials did not correct Brandon Gibsons position when he failed to cover up the Tackle, thus negating Amendolas long, game winning, TD against San Francisco two years ago.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I agree with you Selassie. From here on out this season they should only correct that infraction and not allow it to happen.

I am wondering why he officials did not correct Brandon Gibsons position when he failed to cover up the Tackle, thus negating Amendolas long, game winning, TD against San Francisco two years ago.
The line judge routine is asked by the WR if they are lined up close enough to the LOS. IF they aren't asked, they aren't gong to volunteer the information,, its just not the same thing.

On the play you are referring to, it wasn't Gibson who made the mistake even tho he was the one flagged for the penalty. It was the TE, who was supposed to be ON the LOS only to have lined up as a wing back.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't understand the difference. Every player is supposed to know where to line up. It cost the Rams a win, while the other helped the Patriots preserve one.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Still not as bad as a ref asking Jerry Rice for his autograph or the head of officiating Mike Pereira referring to the 49ers as "the team of destiny". 49ers still cheated more than Pats.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
this a really a stretch to further this "conspiracy theory" about the officiating. This particular practice is in fact done all the time to every team. The officials will move the players lined up in the wrong position. They do it ALL THE TIME. The penalties that get called for this sort of thing, usually are for trying to hurdle or, being assisted by a teammate to get better height. Its not for where players are lined up. Its called "preventative officiating" and there's nothing wrong with it.

I guess it's now in vogue to blame everything on the officiating, but guys, come on. This is a reach by any standards.

If this were a standard operation, there would be no reason for the rule, the officials would just nudge the player and tell him to move. I know I have seen a team penalized for lining up over the long snapper, cant remember which team but most likely the Rams as I never miss a Rams game and dont watch to many other games. This is only standard when it is a media/goodell darling team that is lined up illegally.

I understand the player safety crap, but if the league were really interested in player safety they would call a personal foul for all horse collar take downs, which we Rams fans know they dont. They would protect all QBs from blows to the head or late hits after sliding, which we Rams fans know they do not. So player safety is not why they moved the patriot player. All they have to do is blow their whistle and run in to stop the snap, like they do for replays, and penalize the offending team.