Referees

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pididdy

UDFA
Name
Paul
That holding call on Ogletree was a shitty call....these refs are controlling the game

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Pete Morelli has a wormy face and I can't stand him.

He's like the Arizona Cardinals of refs, can tolerate them but can be annoying.

Jerome Booger = shitchickens

Jeff Triplette = SF

KDS73

Rookie
It was a good call, he held him.

This. There were people complaining in the game thread during the 1st half about how stuff like that wasn't getting called. Then when it does get called, people still complain. Let's just be honest. A lot of you aren't going to be happy unless every call/non-call goes in our favor. We played like crap in the 1st half. End of story. Refs had nothing to do with it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Missed holding all over and Whitworth was 5 yards downfield on Watkins TD. Impossible to miss that call....although they often do.
They give and they take away.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This. There were people complaining in the game thread during the 1st half about how stuff like that wasn't getting called. Then when it does get called, people still complain. Let's just be honest. A lot of you aren't going to be happy unless every call/non-call goes in our favor. We played like crap in the 1st half. End of story. Refs had nothing to do with it.

My problem is calling that while Aaron Donald is being more blatantly held on the same play. But whatever. They let a similar hold go on our 94-yard TD on Clowney, so it is what it is.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I thought you could engage a receiver within five yards of the LOS? It was ticky tack, regardless.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
They were bad but at least they were bad both ways. That's all we can really hope for.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
As I stated in another thread, Whitworth was ok down the field as long as the reception is at or behind the LOS

Watkins was right on it

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
As I stated in another thread, Whitworth was ok down the field as long as the reception is at or behind the LOS

Watkins was right on it
Somebody needs to inform Dan Fouts on the finer points of that rule; then maybe he would've stopped his pissing & moaning over that play.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My issue with it is that on play actions guys are allowed to literally tackle the RB - I can't remember if this was play action or not, but being that the grab occurred essentially at or behind the line of scrimmage, I didn't think it should have been called.

fearsomefour

Legend
Missed holding all over and Whitworth was 5 yards downfield on Watkins TD. Impossible to miss that call....although they often do.
They give and they take away.
I have been corrected on this. Watkins caught the ball beknd the line of scrimmage, therefore Whitworth was legally downfield.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 131

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I didn't see any replay of it. But it looked like a BS call to me! I hope someone can come up with a clip of it!!

I agree . Ogletree was trying to read the play. He put his arm out , shed or guard the RB. Then he turned & was getting back into coverage. The ball was under thrown & Ogletree made an excellent play.
The call was poor imo. Then again if he grabbed him & actually held him then I would say it was a good call.
It looked like all he did was extend out & they got tangled a little.