Referee/Arch-Nemesis For Seahawks @ Rams...Brad Allen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.footballzebras.com/2014/10/16/11619/

Sunday, Oct. 19
  • Falcons at Ravens — Carl Cheffers
  • Titans at Washington — Walt Anderson
  • Seahawks at Rams — Brad Allen
  • Browns at Jaguars — Tony Corrente
  • Bengals at Colts — Gene Steratore
  • Vikings at Bills — Ed Hochuli
  • Dolphins at Bears — Pete Morelli
  • Saints at Lions– Terry McAulay
  • Panthers at Packers — Jeff Triplette
  • Chiefs at Chargers — Bill Vinovich
  • Cardinals at Raiders — Clete Blakeman
  • Giants at Cowboys — Jerome Boger
  • 49ers at Broncos NBC — John Parry
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/09/bears_vs_bills_2014_brad_allen_nfl.html

4 things to know about rookie NFL referee Brad Allen

15790666-mmmain.jpg

Referee Brad Allen makes a call during a preseason game between the Cleveland Browns and the St. Louis Rams last month.(David Richard | The Associated Press)

By Matthew Fairburn | mfairburn@syracuse.com

Here are a few things to know about the rookie.

1. He was hired to replace Mike Carey
Allen was brought in over the summer as one of three new NFL referees along with Ronald Torbert and Craig Wrolstad. Allen was hired to replace Mike Carey, who left to become an analyst for CBS.

2. Allen was a decorated college official
Not only did Allen ref for nine season in the ACC, but he also served as the referee for the 2012 Rose Bowl and the 2014 Sugar Bowl. Needless to say, he's ready to make the jump.

3. He's not alone
In addition to being one of three new referees in the NFL this season, Allen is also one of 13 new officials the league has brought in this year.

4. It's been a long time coming
Allen has been chasing a career as an NFL referee for nearly three decades. Allen served as an apprentice under Carey in 2013 and has gotten a chance at the big time this season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
3. He's not alone
In addition to being one of three new referees in the NFL this season, Allen is also one of 13 new officials the league has brought in this year.
Interesting. I wonder what the usual turnover rate is every year, and why the NFL felt it needed to add 13 NEW officials?
th

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Pretty sad when you have to scout referees to see which one will screw you.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sad when you have to scout referees to see which one will screw you.

Good point. In all my years of watching the Rams this is the first season I've ever been interested enough to look up the refs for the upcoming game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good point. In all my years of watching the Rams this is the first season I've ever been interested enough to look up the refs for the upcoming game.
So, Prime Time, What's his Teams " Flag throwing rate!?" Compared to say, Ed Hochuli's Team!? Do you know?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
From wikipedia:

Brad Allen is an official in the National Football League since the 2014 NFL season, wearing uniform number 122.

A native of Lumberton, North Carolina (and a graduate of Pemboke State University), Allen began officiating football games at the high school, and later, ACC, levels. When he made his NFL officiating debut in 2014, he was originally going to be an umpire, but when long-time referee Mike Carey announced his retirement on June 24, 2014, Allen was given the referee position instead; this was the first time since 1962 that an NFL official in his first year of officiating was given that honor.[1]

Allen's 2014 officiating crew consists of umpire Fred Bryan, head linesman Jim Mello, line judge Tom Symonette, field judge Doug Rosenbaum, side judge Tom Hill, and back judge Kirk Dornan.[2]

Outside of officiating NFL games, Allen is a non-profit CEO.[3]

Well, at least he's not from Seattle!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So, Prime Time, What's his Teams " Flag throwing rate!?" Compared to say, Ed Hochuli's Team!? Do you know?

Unfortunately no. He's a rookie ref so there's not much on him except what I posted earlier.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Unfortunately no. He's a rookie ref so there's not much on him except what I posted earlier.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah...

The refs have now become more of a factor in the game than weather and home field advantage. Sad state of affairs.