Referee/Arch-Nemesis For Rams@Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.footballzebras.com/2014/11/20/11954/

Sunday, Nov. 23
  • Browns at Falcons — Brad Allen
  • Titans at Eagles — Jerome Boger
  • Jaguars at Colts — Ed Hochuli
  • Bengals at Texans — Terry McAulay
  • Jets at Bills — Pete Morelli
  • Lions at Patriots — Tony Corrente
  • Packers at Vikings — Clete Blakeman
  • Buccaneers at Bears — Walt Coleman
  • Cardinals at Seahawks — Gene Steratore
  • Rams at Chargers — Carl Cheffers
  • Dolphins at Broncos — Jeff Triplette
  • Washington at 49ers — Walt Anderson
  • Cowboys at Giants NBC — Bill Vinovich
Monday, Nov. 24
  • Ravens at Saints ESPN — Bill Leavy
Carl Cheffers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Cheffers

Cheffers in Green Bay in 2013

Officiating career[edit]
As a college student, Cheffers became interested in officiating through his father, and decided to work intramural sports to make additional income. Enjoying the experience of student sports, he sought assistance from his father to officiate high school football games to begin a career. Starting in 1980, he worked several high school playoff games, and two high school championship games.
By 1995, Cheffers began officiating in the Pac-10 where he worked for five seasons before being hired by the NFL. During this time, he also worked in theWestern Athletic Conference.

Since entering the NFL, Cheffers has worked as a side judge, most recently on the crew headed by referee Larry Nemmers. Cheffers was promoted to referee (crew chief) beginning with the 2008 NFL season following the retirement of Nemmers and referee Gerald Austin.

In his promotion to referee, NFL officiating director Mike Pereira said of Cheffers, "Carl has been extremely successful on the field as a side judge. He is very knowledgeable of the rules, a good rules guy. Strong presence. He was part of Larry Nemmers' crew and he was clearly a crew leader. When we first saw Carl, we saw referee experience from him even though he had refereed basically at the small-college level."

Cheffers' 2014 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Undrey Wash, head linesman Kent Payne, line judge Jeff Seeman, field judge Brad Freeman, side judge Laird Hayes and back judge Todd Prukop.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk1dHrit5ZU

------------------------------------------
More on Carl Cheffers at the link below

http://www.footballzebras.com/tag/carl-cheffers/

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ugh he sucksssss.

Maybe it will be different this time. San Diego isn't Dallas. They don't get game changing calls served on a platter like certain other teams.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
536003_10151223283143945_146856212_n1.jpg

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The ref from the Dallas game :mad::mad::mad:
Clete Blackman was the ref for the Dallas game. I remember that piece of trivia because it was such a badly called game that his name is indelibly burned in my brain.

At this point I do not really like any of them too much but no more Clete please......

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I say, break their Cane's, and Shoot their Dogs, and then let them call a game!
blind referees.png

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL officiating has become ridiculous and if it keeps up the NFL will lose credibility. The more rules that are created and changed, the more we’re going to be subjected to this nonsense. I’m all for player safety but you got to let them play, playing scared with worriment that you might get flagged will only lead to more injuries IMO. This is a violent game being played by large athletic human beings at full speed, players realize that going in, playing cautiously is not good for anyone.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As long as it's not Jerome Boger I'm good....Boger is like an appendix, he's apparently useless!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ssing-two-p-i-calls-last-week-against-chiefs/

Pete Carroll says league admitted to missing two P-I calls last week against Chiefs
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 21, 2014

doug-baldwin.jpg
Getty Images

Seattle Seahawks fans have heard this one before. Incorrect calls by a referee crew led by Bill Leavy may have cost the Seahawks a chance at victory last week against the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to Jim Corbett of USA Today, NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino informed the Seahawks and head coach Pete Carroll that Leavy’s crew erred in rulings on two potential pass interference calls in Sunday’s 24-20 loss to the Chiefs.

The most glaring one was a fourth-and-goal from the Kansas City 2-yard line with 7:11 left to play. Baldwin ran a corner route from the left slot and was run into and bumped off his route by cornerback Sean Smith. Baldwin threw his hands up begging for a call that wouldn’t come.

Per Carroll, the league said a penalty should have been called on the play.

“The interpretation was it definitely played a factor in (Baldwin’s) route and it should have been called,” Carroll said. “There’s nothing you can do about it. You just have to live with it. That’s just part of the game.”

So instead of a first-and-goal opportunity from the 1-yard line while trailing by four, the Seahawks turned the ball over on downs and were never able to score the touchdown needed to overcome the deficit.

A win over Kansas City would have kept Seattle two games behind the division leading Arizona Cardinals with both matchups against the Cardinals still yet to play. Instead, the Seahawks are now three games back and have little margin for error in their efforts to return to the postseason to defend last year’s Super Bowl title.

Leavy was the head referee for Super Bowl XL when the Seahawks lost 21-10 to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Leavy later admitted to reporters in Seattle on a training camp visit that his crew had made incorrect calls against the Seahawks in that game as well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
NFL officiating has become ridiculous and if it keeps up the NFL will lose credibility. The more rules that are created and changed, the more we’re going to be subjected to this nonsense. I’m all for player safety but you got to let them play, playing scared with worriment that you might get flagged will only lead to more injuries IMO. This is a violent game being played by large athletic human beings at full speed, players realize that going in, playing cautiously is not good for anyone.

This.

x 1000.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And it doesn't Help the game!!

Clete Blackman was the ref for the Dallas game. I remember that piece of trivia because it was such a badly called game that his name is indelibly burned in my brain.

At this point I do not really like any of them too much but no more Clete please......

That's strange, I clicked on this link: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/ChefCa0r.htm this morning, and I swear it had the Dallas game listed, but you're right it was Clete :confused:.

Oh right on further inspection it was the 2013 Dallas game, good to know I'm not going completely crazy :unsure::whistle:.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The 4th down play was not called DPI because Wilson threw the ball away it was uncatchable.