Ref for Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They simply need to sit all the zebras down and give them the earth shattering news that the fans are not watching to see THEM. Obviously they need to enforce the rules. But where it generally gets sideways is when they make calls they didn't actually see happen. Remember zebras. We have replay.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I honestly believe our team was under more scrutiny by refs than the rest of the league since we employed both Fisher and Williams. They had a reputation. I don't think McVay has a reputation yet, but I think Phillips has a positive one.

I just wish they would START CALLING TACKLES HOLDING QUINN BY THE NECK. Please. Thanks.

Yeah no kidding. I'm sick of seeing OT's hooking Quinn around the neck. It's so blatant and it drives me crazy! NFL refs are poopy heads.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah no kidding. I'm sick of seeing OT's hooking Quinn around the neck. It's so blatant and it drives me crazy! NFL refs are poopy heads.

I'm so tired of seeing these tackles dragging Quinn down when he tries to speed around them. Saw it again last sunday.

fearsomefour

Legend
You made a good argument and then blew it up with this, lol.

There is absolutely bias towards and against certain teams. It may be subconscious or purposeful, there's no way to tell for sure. People like winners. The NFL is no different. In a game a single wrong call by the refs can mean the difference between a loss or a win.

The Raiders vs. the Patriots 'Tuck Rule" game is but one example. Had that been called correctly, the Patriots would never have faced the Rams in the Super Bowl and their whole sickening dynasty might have been avoided.

The whole point of my rant in this thread is that lousy, biased refs can screw up a game. Yes, the Rams were poorly coached but the refereeing didn't help.
I know I was destroying my own point....so, I added the HAHA.....
A couple of prime examples to me were the Seattle Atlanta game and Seattle Buffalo games from last year. They for sure let stuff go in Seattle more than on the road.
The tuck rule is an interesting one.
I have a friends father who was a 35+ ref who insists that was called correctly.
As an aside, watched a bit of the Lions game Sunday. Saw Grob (looked generally ok) get away with a couple that he would have sure been called for with the Rams.
Intentional or subconscious? Like you said, no way of knowing.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm so tired of seeing these tackles dragging Quinn down when he tries to speed around them. Saw it again last sunday.
I think that has to do with hand placement.
If they are placing their hands then Quinn is dipping down or getting "under" their left arm (for example), they generally are not going to call it.
I think it has do with how contact is initiated.
But, who knows? I see similar things around the league, but, none really look as "big" as Quinn and what appears to be him getting drug down.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hard to forget that call against Brockers. It may have been the single worst call I have ever witnessed.

I know, but at least the team dominated that day.

There's always a second or two delay b/w when the ref sees the infraction or zeroes on the play clock, but on this game it was BOOM right away.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
CAN'T STAND HIM!! Personally looking forward to hearing Booger try and pronounce "holding" correctly for the first time ever.

"Hoedin' #73, offense, 10 yard penalty, repeat first down"

...Oh wait, that guy's not here anymore!! :yess:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With Fisher on the competition committee, I would have though he would get better treatment. In the end, what seems to ha e the bigger influence is certain coaches reputation and personalities. Lots of refs are scared and intimidated by Belichick. I read that Carroll is very good at manipulating th refs by being a nice guy when the team isn't on the field. In other words he wins them over. With Harbaugh, I bet they were worried he would snap and do something weird like pull down his pants and dry hump the ref on the field.

Fisher probably turned them off with his smugness, and he didn't hitch enough during games.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
BTW I have seen some different nicknames for Vinovich, like Vinodouche or Vinobitch. How does Vaginabitch sound?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Booger is incompetent, but he's equally incompetent. I'm fine with him. We'll get some bad calls that go against us and some that go for us. It's not like Tripleshit or Vinodouche who will gleefully call one-sided games.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was amazed last week winning 46-9 how the officiating did not upset me, maybe that is all it takes is to win by over 30 points so here's hoping it happens again because everyone knows how I feel about good ole Jerome.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Never checked this thread much....didn't care who the refs were...I just wanna know when the full time paid ones start...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I still remember Harvey Dahl going off on Booger.

"I know you didn't call me for holding! That's not fucking holding!"

And the sad thing? Dahl was right.