Ref for Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Crap, Rams draw Larry, Moe, and Curley. Soon as Vegas finds out they change the odds 3 points in Skins favor.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Boger is one of the better refs. Much better than Tripplette and Vujinovich. The only refs more partisan than him are Carey (he may have retired) and Hochules

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
FML. I hope his attitude has changed since last season, maybe he had it out for the stash or someone previously.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

HaHaHa for Hochules.

800.jpg

Zodi

Hall of Fame
FML. I hope his attitude has changed since last season, maybe he had it out for the stash or someone previously.

I honestly believe our team was under more scrutiny by refs than the rest of the league since we employed both Fisher and Williams. They had a reputation. I don't think McVay has a reputation yet, but I think Phillips has a positive one.

I just wish they would START CALLING TACKLES HOLDING QUINN BY THE NECK. Please. Thanks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the NFL in one move turns an entire fan base into alcoholics.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams drew lots of flags for all sorts of reasons.
The main reason is the team lacked discipline and was sloppy.
Most of the flags were legit.
What bothers me more is the calls that don't get made the other way. But, any fan of any team can point those out.
If the NFL had it out for the Rams for years and years all they had to do is make sure both teams showed up for the game.
The team was going to lose more than it was going to win.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think Boger just likes to hear himself talk through the PA system, he sure calls a lot of penalties.

But aside from Fisher and Williams, we have been the youngest team in the league for a long time, that also contributes to penalties as well. The more experienced guys learn how to get away with things a little better than the young guys do.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I honestly believe our team was under more scrutiny by refs than the rest of the league since we employed both Fisher and Williams. They had a reputation.

Good point.

The Rams drew lots of flags for all sorts of reasons.
The main reason is the team lacked discipline and was sloppy.
Most of the flags were legit.

Holding, whether on the offense or defense, could be called on just about every play. Some refs let the players play while others insert themselves constantly and in some cases control the outcome of the game.

Any time there's a flag on a punt or kickoff return, 99% of the time it's either holding or a block to the back by the receiving team. It's become predictable and boring.

The refs are partly responsible for the downward slide of NFL ratings. Why Goodell hasn't addressed this is baffling.

What bothers me more is the calls that don't get made the other way. But, any fan of any team can point those out.

Exactly. Be fair to both teams and the fans won't gripe as much.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Every Ram game I've seen Booger and his crew do, they always screw the Rams somehow.

I'm still steaming over that sack, fumble by Brockers that the Rams woulda returned for a TD against the Bears a couple years ago. His crew called roughing the passer. There was no helmet to helmet or hitting the head. The hit was just too vicious for them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I detest Boger. Aaron Donald is going to be back and playing like a man possessed, he and the other guys on defense need to be careful and try to avoid the big personal foul type calls.

But this version of the Rams might also finally get clear of that neanderthal perception refs have had of them for so long now. So I hope at least that Boger and his crew don't adversely affect our chances of winning overall.

fearsomefour

Legend
Good point.

Holding, whether on the offense or defense, could be called on just about every play. Some refs let the players play while others insert themselves constantly and in some cases control the outcome of the game.

Any time there's a flag on a punt or kickoff return, 99% of the time it's either holding or a block to the back by the receiving team. It's become predictable and boring.

The refs are partly responsible for the downward slide of NFL ratings. Why Goodell hasn't addressed this is baffling.

Exactly. Be fair to both teams and the fans won't gripe as much.
They are equal opportunity offenders mostly.
They throw too many flags for certain things.
I haven't seen anything that affected the outcomes for Ram team more than their own terrible play. I hate the excuse making. Particularly when there is no logic to back it up.
The attention for personal fouls with Williams? Ok. I can buy that.
Some lineman getting away with mugging while others are called? Ok.
Outside of that it's mostly nonsense.
Except Seattle and NE DBs being allowed to constantly hold.
Haha.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
You made a good argument and then blew it up with this, lol.

Except Seattle and NE DBs being allowed to constantly hold.
Haha.

There is absolutely bias towards and against certain teams. It may be subconscious or purposeful, there's no way to tell for sure. People like winners. The NFL is no different. In a game a single wrong call by the refs can mean the difference between a loss or a win.

The Raiders vs. the Patriots 'Tuck Rule" game is but one example. Had that been called correctly, the Patriots would never have faced the Rams in the Super Bowl and their whole sickening dynasty might have been avoided.

The whole point of my rant in this thread is that lousy, biased refs can screw up a game. Yes, the Rams were poorly coached but the refereeing didn't help.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Just tell these nudniks in stripes that Fisher and Williams are no longer with the Rams so the obligatory extra five penalties program can be scuttled.

If it's a penalty, call it both ways. If it's not a penalty, call it both ways. Is that really too much to ask??