Ref for Rams@Bengals: Craig Wrolstad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.footballzebras.com/2015/11/23/13692/

Week 12 referee assignments
by Football Zebras staff

We will update this post when we have all of the remaining crews confirmed. For now, here are your Thanksgiving day referees:
  • Eagles at Lions FOX — John Parry
  • Panthers at Cowboys CBS — Ron Torbert
  • Bears at Packers NBC — Ed Hochuli
This appears to be Hochuli’s first Thanksgiving assignment since … Leon Lett mishandled a blocked field goal attempt in 1993, giving the Dolphins a victory over the Cowboys.

Update: Here are the rest of the assignments for the remaining games for Week 12. We are all done with bye weeks for the regular season, so we are back to only one crew on rest. This week, Gene Steratore’s crew will be resting up at home.

Sunday, Nov. 29
  • Saints at Texans — John Hussey
  • Rams at Bengals — Craig Wrolstad
  • Vikings at Falcons — Clete Blakeman
  • Giants at Washington — Carl Cheffers
  • Buccaneers at Colts — Walt Coleman
  • Bills at Chiefs — Terry McAulay
  • Raiders at Titans — Jeff Triplette
  • Chargers at Jaguars — Jerome Boger
  • Dolphins at Jets — Bill Vinovich
  • Cardinals at 49ers — Pete Morelli
  • Steelers at Seahawks — Walt Anderson
  • Patriots at Broncos NBC — Tony Corrente
Monday, Nov. 30
  • Ravens at Browns ESPN — Brad Allen
Wrolstad's 2015 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Roy Ellison, head linesman Mark Hittner, line judge Julian Mapp, field judge Steve Zimmer, side judge Jeff Lamberth, and back judge Lee Dyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Wrolstad

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno who these guys are... I don't pay attention generally... but...

Does it really matter? I watch a lot of football on a weekend (have The Ticket)... seems to me that bad officiating is an epidemic across the entire NFL.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dunno who these guys are... I don't pay attention generally... but...

Does it really matter? I watch a lot of football on a weekend (have The Ticket)... seems to me that bad officiating is an epidemic across the entire NFL.

If it's the Jerome Boger Experience or Jeff Triplette it would certainly make a difference. Those two are abysmal.

Btw is it possible that the refs haven't gotten worse over the years but that every play is now viewed through a microscope due to the technology available?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it's the Jerome Boger Experience or Jeff Triplette it would certainly make a difference. Those two are abysmal.

Btw is it possible that the refs haven't gotten worse over the years but that every play is now viewed through a microscope due to the technology available?
Yeah... good point... they were talking about this on the Kevin Wheeler show yesterday and that was Kevin's take..

All the cameras.. the high def... we see more now than we ever did.

But something's got to change... some sort of accountability across the board for these guys... they get paid handsomely for doing their jobs... if they're failing, it needs to be identified and corrected.

Maddening.. but it's a league wide issue...

Who officiated the Monday Night game, where the guy blew the "inadvertent" whistle?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who officiated the Monday Night game, where the guy blew the "inadvertent" whistle?

Gene Steratore.

I've always thought the NFL should have full-time refs who spend the offseason honing their craft. They should be available to the media after every game and be fined, demoted, and eventually fired when they screw up too often just like any other job.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Just wait until 4k resolution is the norm. We'll be able to judge the ref's by how many wrinkles are on their uniforms.