Redskins sign Bob Marley's grandson to roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This is merely an excuse for some Bob Marley videos in the NFL section. :)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...on-of-bob-marley-signs-contract-with-redskins

Nico Marley, Grandson of Bob Marley, Signs Contract with Washington
JOSEPH ZUCKER

hi-res-869cf1cbd3323a60f7a78da7c4d1fab6_crop_north.jpg

Sue Ogrocki/Associated Press

The Washington Redskins signed former Tulane Green Wave linebacker Nico Marley on Tuesday. Marley is the grandson of music legend Bob Marley.

Marley played four seasons at Tulane and finished the 2016 season with 86 total tackles, 13 tackles for loss and three sacks.

Marley's father, Rohan, also played football. Upon leaving the Miami Hurricanes, he spent a season with the Ottawa Rough Riders in the Canadian Football League.

In a 2014 interview with Sports Illustrated's Michael McKnight, Nico expressed his desire to carve his own path and not rely solely on his family name.

"I always wanted to make something for myself," he said. "I've never said, 'I'm gonna do it like my dad did it,' or 'I want to be like my grandfather.' Every individual is supposed to have something he wants to go get, something he wants so bad he don't need anybody's help. That's what I get from my father and grandfather."

Marley joined the team shortly after the 2017 NFL draft but didn't have an official contract with the team until Tuesday.

Last Saturday, the Washington Post's Mike Jones reported Marley was working with the Redskins' second-string as an inside linebacker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-grandson-lands-a-roster-spot-in-washington/

Marley played at Tulane, where he was credited with 48.5 tackles for loss, seven sacks and four interceptions over 48 games. As pointed out in a recent profile on The Undefeated, Marley’s production came despite being undersized for the position at 5’8″ and 200 pounds and didn’t land him an invite to the Scouting Combine.

The undersized, undrafted Marley merited a profile on the site because of his lineage. He’s the grandson of music icon Bob Marley and the son of former University of Miami linebacker Rohan Marley, which won’t help him stick with the team in the regular season but does explain how Marley grabbed a bit more notice than your average NFL long shot.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When you have as many children as Bob... you could potentially have a child in every profession there is. LOL