Redskins showing interest in Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Lol @ the hate for Britt.

He surpassed 1000 yards. The first time any of our receivers did that in nearly a DECADE. I'll bring him back with open arms. He made some spectacular catches for us this season. With Case Keenum and a rookie no less.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If McDaniels is the coach I won't worry. Cooper, Higs, Tavon, and Thomas are all receivers that would thrive in that system. Hopefully that allows the Rams to spend money on the OLINE or a real #1 (ahem. I'm looking at you, Alshon)
I truly believe that a skilled OC has a lot to work with among this group

Psycho_X

Legend

He surpassed 1000 yards. The first time any of our receivers did that in nearly a DECADE. I'll bring him back with open arms. He made some spectacular catches for us this season. With Case Keenum and a rookie no less.

Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely welcome him back. Like you said, he's the only sure thing we have atm at WR. But I'm not going to overpay for him. He's 28 so this'll probably be his last chance at a big contract so he'll go where the most money is. So I'm not to keen on getting into a bidding war for him if there are a couple other teams competing for him. Will depend a lot on how the current front office and future coach view our rookies and Tavon. If they get into a bidding war for Britt it says everything you need to know about their confidence in everyone else.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I've watched Kenny play for years. When he wants to play, he's darned good. When he doesn't? He can be a problem.
Sure he eclipsed 1000 for the first time in a long time for the Rams, but its also the first time he's done it in his career too

A reasonable deal? Sure, I'd take him back. But I think he's going to want big money. Alshon Jeffrey money

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Not saying much, if you ask me.

It's sad... I've had these discussions in a prior life about Jared Cook. The guy was average, at the very best and was way overpaid. But some Rams fans argued that he was the best receiver on the team. I say "so what?" He's the best of the worst?

Just because Britt's the best WR within a very bad WR corps doesn't mean he's anything other than ordinary.

Some Rams fans are so desperate for even "decent" that they tend to lower their expectations and fool themselves into thinking ordinary is something better that that... it isn't.

Britt is an ordinary WR... nothing great. He should be paid commensurately.
Well, yeah that's the reality of it, and it's not really financially viable to overpay for even just an average corps of wide receivers.

If Britt was still under contract(4m a year), then you'd keep him, drop Austin (who is ranked below Quick, ugh ...) and just find a free agent worthy of his contract.

No matter what, the new management will be taking chances, because someone is going to compete for Britt's services and he'll be enticed by either higher pay or higher future potential for pay (better overall stats), and they still have to get a real number one, and Tavon Austin isn't it.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

When you mentioned that, I thought about how that even happened over a decade.

I'm fuzzy on this, but I'm thinking that when your best receiving targets (not decoys that teams don't really have to account for) is either a slot receiver (Amendola) or a tight end (Cook), and you don't really have a go to target outside, then of course your team is just going to suffer horrendously with their passing attack.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Will Britt be looking for a contract in excess of what the Rams gave Tavon Austin?

That contract really skews the field.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm hoping that Kenny signs with another team asap.

So what if he surpassed the 1K yard mark for the 1st time in his career. He got 1002 yards. Someone with his physical gifts should have gained far more than that,,, FAR sooner in his career. His mind and will don't match up to his skill set.

I'll be happy that I won't have to see him yucking it up and laughing anymore while the Rams are getting their asses kicked.

Good Luck Kenny !!!

Aloha

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely welcome him back. Like you said, he's the only sure thing we have atm at WR. But I'm not going to overpay for him. He's 28 so this'll probably be his last chance at a big contract so he'll go where the most money is. So I'm not to keen on getting into a bidding war for him if there are a couple other teams competing for him. Will depend a lot on how the current front office and future coach view our rookies and Tavon. If they get into a bidding war for Britt it says everything you need to know about their confidence in everyone else.
I think tavons contract should have gone to Britt instead. There's not many quality WRs in free agency this year if I remember correctly. I'd go after Jeffrey but he scares me because of his injury history.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I've watched Kenny play for years. When he wants to play, he's darned good. When he doesn't? He can be a problem.
Sure he eclipsed 1000 for the first time in a long time for the Rams, but its also the first time he's done it in his career too

A reasonable deal? Sure, I'd take him back. But I think he's going to want big money. Alshon Jeffrey money

Sometimes it takes a player several years to put it together. He did so this year even with our ever changing QB situation. I think he can keep it up for a few more years. I'd offer him a decent sized contract. If not, I'd go after Jeffery but like I said earlier he scares me because of his injury history.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Of course he's going to want big money but teams are going to see that he's been a 1 to 2 year contract player since his rookie contact and that speaks to what type of player he truly is. He works hard on contract year and takes a vacation when it's not. I'm sure some team will overpay for him 'they always do' and they will find out the hard way.

I'd resign him to a contract that's heavily incentive based.

If we can land him and AJ, watch out! our WR corps just got a whole lot better.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I know you used blue font but is it not? Thought there were rules about this sort of thing. I know no one follows them but usually not publically. It's technically illegal to talk to or about another team's free agents until the "legal tampering" time frame two or three days before free agency begins in March.

Overall, if Britt leaves I'm not all that upset about it. He's a Fisher guy so he might not want to stay here anyway. So he has no incentive to stay here over getting the most money some where and I'm sure someone will pay him at least a moderate contract.

I don't know if there's more to it somewhere that I didn't read, but the report says Britt wants to go to Washington. It does not say that Washington wants Britt. Britt can say whatever he wants. Unless you want Britt's first round pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can have him, Washington, if you can get Pierre Garcon to replace him on the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone should let Redskins know that they can have Brian Quick too for the dynamic duo everyone was talking about in Hard Knocks.

All though, Kenny might have fond memories of his time in Washington. Afterall, the refs were excited to see him there.

source.gif

Bahahahahaha. The ref almost headbutted him in the balls.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
First; I am a Kenny Britt fan. He had a nice season and is a legit WR weapon.

That said; it would feel like an extension of the Fisher years if we kept him.

I don't want to chop off our head just to move past these years... but it feels like something we might HAVE to do as part of turning the page and resetting the locker room.

(That and I just don't trust him for some reason)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
WR's, good ones, are a dime a dozen....It's only the Rams that have trouble finding good ones in the draft...Another of my emerging problems with one Les Snead....You don't spend on wr's in 2017.....you draft replacements...Kenny wants to go? Buh-bye...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sometimes it takes a player several years to put it together. He did so this year even with our ever changing QB situation. I think he can keep it up for a few more years. I'd offer him a decent sized contract. If not, I'd go after Jeffery but like I said earlier he scares me because of his injury history.
This was his 8th year in the league. And by eclipsing 1000 yards lets be clear that he just made it by 2 yards.
Kenny is a nice receiver but he is a head case, was a Fisher guy and produced his best in his contract year.
I'd take him on the cheap, but he is going to demand a heck of a lot more than that. Especially when he saw 1st hand what Tavon Austin signed for, and Britt out produced him big time