Redskins showing interest in Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Kenny Britt - WR - Rams
Breaking Burgundy's Ben Standig reports the Redskins have shown interest in impending free agent Kenny Britt.

CSN Mid-Atlantic's JP Finlay is also hearing the same. Britt is coming off a career season, posting a 68-1,002-5 line as one of the only bright spots for a 4-12 Rams team. It was Britt's first 1,000-yard season of his eight-year career, and he'd reportedly be interested in the Redskins if Kirk Cousins is brought back. DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon are also free agents in Washington. Britt is from New Jersey and would likely be very interested in a return to the East Coast.
Related: Redskins

Source: Breaking Burgundy
Jan 4 - 12:45 PM

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Tampering.

Give us your 1st round pick, Washington.

jap

Legend
I like Kenny, but he is not a true #1 like Isaac, Torry, or Henry Ellard.

Psycho_X

Legend
Tampering.

Give us your 1st round pick, Washington.

I know you used blue font but is it not? Thought there were rules about this sort of thing. I know no one follows them but usually not publically. It's technically illegal to talk to or about another team's free agents until the "legal tampering" time frame two or three days before free agency begins in March.

Overall, if Britt leaves I'm not all that upset about it. He's a Fisher guy so he might not want to stay here anyway. So he has no incentive to stay here over getting the most money some where and I'm sure someone will pay him at least a moderate contract.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I know you used blue font but is it not? Thought there were rules about this sort of thing. I know no one follows them but usually not publically. It's technically illegal to talk to or about another team's free agents until the "legal tampering" time frame two or three days before free agency begins in March.

Overall, if Britt leaves I'm not all that upset about it. He's a Fisher guy so he might not want to stay here anyway. So he has no incentive to stay here over getting the most money some where and I'm sure someone will pay him at least a moderate contract.

I'm not sure. I imagine it depends on if it can be pinned to a specific source in the Redskins org. If it's just a reporter spouting off without anything solid behind it, then it's just smoke without fire.

That being said, I'm with you on Britt. I think with Fisher gone he will probably be less motivated to play hard. And he might not take well to a new coach taking a more disciplinarian approach than Fisher did.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I like Kenny, but he is not a true #1 like Isaac, Torry, or Henry Ellard.
Do you think that his contract is counter productive to acquiring that #1 WR though?

I honestly can't remember his contract, but I do know that he's our leading WR, and sadly by a wide margin.

jap

Legend
Do you think that his contract is counter productive to acquiring that #1 WR though?

I honestly can't remember his contract, but I do know that he's our leading WR, and sadly by a wide margin.

Not necessarily. He would be a decent #2.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I imagine it depends on if it can be pinned to a specific source in the Redskins org. If it's just a reporter spouting off without anything solid behind it, then it's just smoke without fire.
The likely source is Kenny Britt's agent.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Not necessarily. He would be a decent #2.
Yeah, not much to speculate, at his current contract he really is the one bright spot on the roster, but he's bound to entertain better offers, and you're right in that he really shouldn't be demanding a #1 WR salary.

My guess is that he ultimately goes somewhere else for a chance to improve his stats regardless.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't stand Kenny Britt. Dude is way too inconsistent and that doesn't show in his big 1k yard season. Not a guy you can count on, good riddance.

Give me their OC McVay and you can have Kenny effin Britt.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
but I do know that he's our leading WR, and sadly by a wide margin.
Not saying much, if you ask me.

It's sad... I've had these discussions in a prior life about Jared Cook. The guy was average, at the very best and was way overpaid. But some Rams fans argued that he was the best receiver on the team. I say "so what?" He's the best of the worst?

Just because Britt's the best WR within a very bad WR corps doesn't mean he's anything other than ordinary.

Some Rams fans are so desperate for even "decent" that they tend to lower their expectations and fool themselves into thinking ordinary is something better that that... it isn't.

Britt is an ordinary WR... nothing great. He should be paid commensurately.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
They can gladly have him. Although the younger guys seemed to have gravitated towards him when he was initially brought in, I'm not a huge fan of his lax attitude. coach Fisher was truly the only guy that let him get away with it (and look where we are now). Let him walk, hope he has a decent year so we can get a decent comp. pick next year, and let's focus on talent with brains.

Psycho_X

Legend
Someone should let Redskins know that they can have Brian Quick too for the dynamic duo everyone was talking about in Hard Knocks.

All though, Kenny might have fond memories of his time in Washington. Afterall, the refs were excited to see him there.

source.gif

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Well hopefully the rams find an upgrade, and Cooper and Thomas take a big step next season. Because without Britt this current corps is worrisome.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If McDaniels is the coach I won't worry. Cooper, Higs, Tavon, and Thomas are all receivers that would thrive in that system. Hopefully that allows the Rams to spend money on the OLINE or a real #1 (ahem. I'm looking at you, Alshon)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If McDaniels is the coach I won't worry. Cooper, Higs, Tavon, and Thomas are all receivers that would thrive in that system. Hopefully that allows the Rams to spend money on the OLINE or a real #1 (ahem. I'm looking at you, Alshon)

Agreed Hit. I do think they need to add a vet wideout who can show these kids how a pro wideout goes about his business, and just like I suggested last year Boldin would suit them well in that role if they whiff on the bigger names. But Jeffery would be downright outstanding, and there's a good chance he'll hit the market this year.

I'd bring in a FA at wideout and OG, and draft a Center at minimum. Those things plus a real MFing coordinator will put this offense back on the map. Rest of picks would be DEs and CBs, both of which look pretty deep, maybe a safety or some more OL depending on what falls their way. BPA for the win.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not saying much, if you ask me.

It's sad... I've had these discussions in a prior life about Jared Cook. The guy was average, at the very best and was way overpaid. But some Rams fans argued that he was the best receiver on the team. I say "so what?" He's the best of the worst?

Just because Britt's the best WR within a very bad WR corps doesn't mean he's anything other than ordinary.

Some Rams fans are so desperate for even "decent" that they tend to lower their expectations and fool themselves into thinking ordinary is something better that that... it isn't.

Britt is an ordinary WR... nothing great. He should be paid commensurately.

To me that is saying something defenses put their best corner on Britt every game with a rookie QB and another QB that couldn't make all the throws that's pretty impressive. I bet the Falcons would love Britt or the Giants or any team with a true number 1 cause Britt is a 1000 yard receiver on any team