Redskins propose rule to not wear 'Color Rush' uniform

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...t-wear-color-rush-uniform-because-its-garish/

View: https://twitter.com/michaelprtd/status/845048155871875072

The Redskins are not fans of the “Color Rush” uniforms. Specifically, they’re not fans of the their “Color Rush” uniform, which looks like mustard and ketchup got in a fight and mustard won in a mustard-colored bloodbath.

We know this because of the 2017 NFL rules proposals were announced Thursday and Washington proposed an amendment “to permit clubs to opt out of the ‘Color Rush’ jerseys created for ‘Thursday Night Football.’” The reason: WAY TOO GARISH.

View: https://twitter.com/rich_campbell/status/845035957741146113

As it stands, teams playing on Thursday nights are required to wear the “Color Rush” unis which, according to Nike, feature “a full head-to-toe monochromatic look ... that draws inspiration from both current and historic uniform schemes -- celebrating the hallmarks of each club’s distinctive identity.”

Because the Redskins weren’t on the “TNF” schedule last season, they didn’t have to don their homage to Ronald McDonald, and owner Daniel Snyder would like to keep it that way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hmmm, i thought every team had to play one game on Thursday night?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The crying about uniform colors is lame...

BUT

Their proposal about being able to replace a player with a concussion with a member of the practice squad is an outstanding suggestion. It makes way too much sense though, so I suspect it will be rejected.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I kind of like the Color Rush, as ugly as some might be, I like the Rams' yellows over their new uniforms. It's really the only reason I would watch a Thursday Night game that the Rams aren't playing in.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I think their stupid . and i wouldn't want wear them either

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Without the horrible uniforms, why would I watch Thursday Night football? Those were some of the worst games I ever watch....laughing at the uni's was the one reason to watch.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Change the Name of the team too while they are at it.
washington-bravehearts1.png

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Color rush is just to make more money off a different jersey. So they won't let them not wear them.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hooray for George, hooray at last; hooray for George, he's a horse's ass!
7bbb3487cf1a1bf3dfef4c2a4d8d9abb.jpg

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
While everyone is focusing on the ugly uniforms, I think Washington's proposal of a player w/ a concussion would be put on a "Exempt" list and replaced on the roster by a practice team player is a much better proposal. You would get to see the kids and allow a team to see what they have on thier practice squad. There would be much bigger ramifications.

C7o2ufRWkAEix8L.jpg

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Booooooo!!!! Color Rush is awesome!!! ... But I'm a designer, so I like artsy fartsy, creative, fun variations.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Why not "Throwback Thursday" instead of Color Rush? Seeing teams in their old uniforms would be far more watchable than this monstrosity.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Why not "Throwback Thursday" instead of Color Rush? Seeing teams in their old uniforms would be far more watchable than this monstrosity.
I think part of the problem would be the helmets. Teams aren't allowed to change their helmets due to safety, they can change the decals though. So not every team would be able to wear the true "throwbacks".

Bruce2980

Starter
I think part of the problem would be the helmets. Teams aren't allowed to change their helmets due to safety, they can change the decals though. So not every team would be able to wear the true "throwbacks".
Just throw back to the days before helmets.:dizzy:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...t-wear-color-rush-uniform-because-its-garish/

View: https://twitter.com/michaelprtd/status/845048155871875072

The Redskins are not fans of the “Color Rush” uniforms. Specifically, they’re not fans of the their “Color Rush” uniform, which looks like mustard and ketchup got in a fight and mustard won in a mustard-colored bloodbath.

We know this because of the 2017 NFL rules proposals were announced Thursday and Washington proposed an amendment “to permit clubs to opt out of the ‘Color Rush’ jerseys created for ‘Thursday Night Football.’” The reason: WAY TOO GARISH.

View: https://twitter.com/rich_campbell/status/845035957741146113

As it stands, teams playing on Thursday nights are required to wear the “Color Rush” unis which, according to Nike, feature “a full head-to-toe monochromatic look ... that draws inspiration from both current and historic uniform schemes -- celebrating the hallmarks of each club’s distinctive identity.”

Because the Redskins weren’t on the “TNF” schedule last season, they didn’t have to don their homage to Ronald McDonald, and owner Daniel Snyder would like to keep it that way.

I'm for all three of the Redskin's proposed Rule changes!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/ranking-the-nfls-color-rush-uniforms-from-no-32-to-no-1-111016

Seattle Seahawks

920x920.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Looks like: Plutonium that just left the stage at the Nickelodeon Awards.

Jacksonville Jaguars

gettyimages-619295476.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Looks like: If the Browns were told to come up with an even uglier, less tasteful brown.

Washington Redskins

fa16_nfb_na_colorrush_hero_twilliams.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Looks like: A No. 2 pencil. You'd have thought the burgundy and gold Redskins would have gone with burgundy jerseys (which would have made fumble scrums look like pools of BBQ sauce). Instead they went with gold and it looks great, except for the fact that it'll be hard to see all the flags that'll be thrown when they're called for holding.

Los Angeles Rams

gettyimages-501808184.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Looks like: A highlighter. This is the definition of color rush. It's unapologetically in-your-face, burn-your-retina yellow and includes the far superior yellow ram's horns on the helmet. A rare Rams winner.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Change the Name of the team too while they are at it.
washington-bravehearts1.png
I like that name.
I don't care if they change it or not, but I actually like Bravehearts over Redskins.

As a lifelong Ram Fan, I would be very upset if anyone wanted to take away the Rams and change it. Naturally, I understand the political dynamic in play here.