Redskins fans on McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
IF some of these comments are accurate, McVay is all Pass and not very good in the rush Offence! How will he help Gurley in our run game!?!
Maybe the lack of running was a product of not having a back like Gurley to utilize.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Funny interested to see what Falcons fans say about Shanahan.

A55VA6

Legend
Usually, fans have nothing good to say about a coach until he's gone and they realize they need him back. haha

SAK11

Rookie
Having watched these Rams for the last 10 years, I cannot imagine complaining about an offensive coordinator on a team that just passed for nearly 5000 yards and almost 1700 rushing yards with 4.5 YPC. They had two 1,000 yard WRs this year, we've had like 1 in the last 10 years! Their QB selected 2nd overall ends up busting, and this coordinator is able to get a 4th rd pick to throw for over 9000 yards and 54 TDs over two years, yet a bunch of these fans want to whine and complain about him?
I mean seriously, Washington has scored 280 more points than us in the last 2 years!

I know this is just the nature of fans, but thinking about an offense that doesn't make me want to rip my hair out makes me feel all tingly inside. Shanahan is still my #1, but McCay is #2, and I'd be happy with either.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Considering the personnel limits and their schedule... that offensive output was...

PHENOMENAL!!!

So sorry if Washington fan can't see that.

Here's hoping Demoff can and hires McVay.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Phillips runs a 3-4, right? Oooooh weeeeeee

Philips runs what his players strengths play to.

With the Rams, much like GW, he'd likely run a hybrid D.

The main point is that he'd put players in position to be successful and he's not dogmatic about fitting guys into slots.

So, if he did switch to a 3-4, it'd likely be a 1 gap 3-4 with Quinn reprising Ware's role and Philips adapting AD to how JJ Watt is used in Houston's 3-4.

Honestly, if the Rams get Philips, they will be a legit top 5 D.

BOOK IT!!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
but the biggest thing that caught my attention was the LA is a different animal quote. Can he will he be able to handle the pressure that LA brings??
I can tell you (living in MD) that LA pressure CANNOT BE WORSE than the pressure and criticism in the Washington area. I would argue that the media and fan pressure (and persecution) in the Wash DC area is tops in the league.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to laugh about the rushing comments.
Washington as a team actually rushed for 200 more yards and scored 8 more TD on the ground this year from last
And that included replacing a decent vet RB in Alfred Morris with an UDFA RB

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I have to laugh about the rushing comments.
Washington as a team actually rushed for 200 more yards and scored 8 more TD on the ground this year from last
And that included replacing a decent vet RB in Alfred Morris with an UDFA RB

I was thinking the same thing lol.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I see a lot of Redskins fans blaming McVay over redzone play calling, but they only have 1 WR over 6' feet tall, and he's not a starter, ... and their starting TE is only 6'2" tall. I don't watch the Redskins much, though those stats would seem a concern. jmo.