Redskins 1-4 / Panic over RG3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I clipped these comments from ExtremeSkins.com:

<a class="postlink" href="http://es.redskins.com/topic/371548-i-still-like-rg3-the-best/page-6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://es.redskins.com/topic/371548-i-s ... est/page-6</a>

I'm at the point where I have to hope RG III does pan out but I think his value is currently in the red compared to what we gave up for him. I'm a redskins fan first, an RG III fan...eh I don't know even know the numerical value because it is arbitrary, because no guy can be bigger then the team. I want him to succeed but I don't know if he will under this regime. They still have a bad O-line and the defense is a joke this season. Special teams is a joke...they're just going to all make it more difficult for RG III to justify his value. I'd like to see another miraculous run like last year...but that is a lot to ask of him. Frankly unfair too, but right now RG III isn't playing all that...."great" and maybe not even good. He brought the maelstrom of criticism on himself by his retarded campaign to comeback by opening day and needs to suffer for it, it'll do him good down the line.

--

He's playing badly. You can't call anything he's been doing good. Been watching a lot of other teams lately, and even guys like Pryor and Thad are playing better than RG3. There aren't very many QB's in the league right now that have several passes a game (and RG3 has every game this year) that are high or there's no receiver even close.

--

Luck would not succeed behind this line.

Wilson would not succeed behind this line

Tannehill would not succeed behind this line.

Weeden sure as **** would not succeed behind this line.

I'm not sure what we have, to be honest. But I know not to pine for anything else yet.

--

I just hope the fans and coaching staff don't have blind love for RG3. Because he has flaws that must be addressed and has not been playing well.

Ftr I'm a RG3 supporter. He needs to play.

--

he needs to suffer for making a campaign out of it and then being unable to deliver. You want the weight of the franchise, you better be able to carry it. He hasn't been able to for a plethora of reasons, some his fault some not. He'll get better but my hope is the adversity makes him stronger, he needs to be humbled.

--

I agree with you in part. The part that this adversity will make him a better player. Im almost positive he has been humbled by the NFL and the fans by now.

I just did not get the feeling that RG3 was making a media campaign out of his recovery from surgery although he didnt shy away from any cameras. I have to give him a pass on it either way. He is a young man 22 years old, he is still recovering from a massive injury. We the fans have put even more weight on his shoulders.

Im convinced he will get his entire physical and mental game back together sooner rather then later. IMHO

--

No. There is no way I can possibly agree that this production can ever be classified was "played well":
19/39 (48.7%) 246yards 0TDs 1int 1 lost fumble 58.3rating

That is a absolutely dreadful night for a QB. RG3 looked as good as we've seen running the ball but as a passer he had a terrible night.

--

I still think he can be a great QB, maybe elite (although I wouldn't be surprised if Bridgewater, Mariota and Boyd turned out better then him). I don't think he'll ever be physically what he was, but its on him to be a more cerebral player. There is reason to hope, but not enough to hope blindly IMO.

--

RG was simply not a good passer last night. All he did was throw lasers, and not very accurately. He's not hitting his receivers in stride anymore. Even when he had time, there was no touch on anything.

--

Besides the fact that he couldn't hit anyone in stride, he missed badly on throws for more than 15 yards, lacked pocket awareness, held the ball way too long, locked to his primary receiver (btw this is probably one of the main reasons why the D could clamp down on that receiver because they were reading him), yea he will be ok.

Get a clue people so far RGIII has played against some of the worse Ds in the league, and has not been able to get this offense going when it mattered.

--

I'd have to agree with this. We mortgaged a good part of the future for RG3, and I'm not sure he was worth that big of a price at this point. Football is still a TEAM game.

--

RG3 is a QB in development. I hope he realizes that. He has a lot to learn and he is pretty far from where he needs to be.

Right now he is a fast guy that can throw the ball pretty well and as long as there is only one or two reads he is OK. He accuracy has gone way down this year, he is holding the ball too long, and just not playing the QB position well.

He will need to work just as hard on developing the ability to read defenses, slide in the pocket, anticipate people getting open, and throwing people open as he did in the physical workouts on his knee. Then he will be at the next level.

--

I'll give him a pass for the first four games since it took the place of his preseason. Last night he was more mobile but he is still trying to throw without firmly planting his feet. Let's hope over time his body memory will kick in and he'll get back to his old self. I'm not giving up just yet but If the season is lost, we may want to look at what we have in Capt Kirk before the end of the year.

Psycho_X

Legend
Will be interesting what happens if he continues to play at such horrible levels through the year. When you have a passer who has always looked great when he played as a backup it's going to be increasingly tough to keep him on the bench as losses pile up if they do. Shanahan is in a no win situation if RG3 doesn't suddenly get better because he either sticks with the guy they mortgaged their drafts for three years for or he admits to wasting all those picks and puts in Cousins who probably deserves to be playing at this point if there wasn't so much cost invested in RG3.

nighttrain

Legend
Sounded familiar to me when the Rams took their lumps with 3 straight losses, SB got way to much blame. The Skins with no OL cant expect much. Never hopin for an injury, but i can hope their season stretches out til the end with the same kind of play. Hello top 5 pick :cheese:
train

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Was reading some of this last night. A few of them topics got closed.

But it's hilarious...all the praise and hype and this is what happens.

Sucks...but hey you take your lumps.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Failed expectations are the cruelest dagger.
After this season he can light it up for all I care.
Till then he can continue down the road to bust highway.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Looks like a page cut from Rams Talk with a player name changed.

It's real good to see them struggling this year. But I don't think RGIII will struggle for too much longer. He's got too much talent. Yes his mechanics need work - as all 2nd year quarterbacks (except that freak Andrew Luck) need work - yes he seems to have believed his own hype a bit too much - but I, like some of them think that adversity will make the guy stronger - as it does to strong people - or it will break him. Depends on the quality of his metal when tested in the fire.

I've always said that Sam would end up being a better quarterback because of the adversity he faced - and it seems to be working out that way.

Playing armchair psychiatrist for a second, I wonder if that whole "campaign" to be back for day 1 was a result of some insecurity from a young player with a Franchise on his shoulders. He knows what they've given up for him - that they've mortgaged the farm on his back. He must feel the pressure of that. Seemed to me like he was absolutely determined to come across as a "leader" of that team.

Hope the guy succeeds. He's a talent and a likeable guy despite appearing a bit "arrogant" I just think it was trying to cover a bit of that insecurity.

y2joey

UDFA
The Redskins fanbase at least around here is like a cult. They're ready to burn RGIII and Shanny at the steak here.

RamzFanz

Damnit
He's a great talent and a great guy in a bad position. I'm ALL FOR a massive sophomore slump! In the end though, they need to fix the talent around him.

His run game is only valuable when the pass game is also on. Not sure what's up but I hope they figure it out (next season).

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Another issue with RG 3 he is not real good at getting other involved in the offense. Skins defense also is not good. Oprapko and Hall only good guys they have.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How many more wins do you see on their schedule? I see 2 to 4. That's 3-13 to 5-11 and pretty good 1st round pick for our RAMS!

7 Oct 20 CHI @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

8 Oct 27 WAS @ DEN Sports Authority Field at Mile High 4:25 PM Tickets FOX

9 Nov 03 SD @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

10 Nov 07 WAS @ MIN Mall of America Field 8:25 PM Tickets NFLN

11 Nov 17 WAS @ PHI Lincoln Financial Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

12 Nov 25 SF @ WAS FedExField 8:40 PM Tickets ESPN

13 Dec 01 NYG @ WAS FedExField 8:30 PM Tickets NBC

14 Dec 08 KC @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

15 Dec 15 WAS @ ATL Georgia Dome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

16 Dec 22 DAL @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

17 Dec 29 WAS @ NYG MetLife Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
How many more wins do you see on their schedule? I see 2 to 4. That's 3-13 to 5-11 and pretty good 1st round pick for our RAMS!

Maybe NYG and Vikes? I agree maybe 2 wins.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
You mean when they ask him to actually play QB, instead of just running the ball, he struggles? Who would have thought. . . .

He needs to go do some more Subway commercials and cash in while he can.

And thank you, we will take their high draft pick as that team implodes.

iced

GreeneCounty said:
Ramhusker said:

going back 4 years...3 wins or less have drafted:

2013: #1/2 pick, Chiefs/Jags had 2 wins, #3-5 had 4 wins (Lions,raiders,eagles)
2012: #3 (Vikings had 3 wins)
2011: #1 Panthers (2 wins), 3 way tie w/ 4 wins for #2-4
2010: #3 Bucs (3 wins)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
GreeneCounty said:
Ramhusker said:

Giants have been competitive but have had some awful awful luck. I'll bet they'll beat the Chargers, Vikings, and the Giants once.

5-11.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I feel pretty good day by day........when Skins keep losing. I hate to be negative but they are gonna get RG 3 hurt again by running that offense.