Redskin Officials: RGme feared job loss to Cousins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Not a fan of Breer! Think he makes stuff up for attention.

I don't know if he made that up or if RG has made some Samir Sulaemon enemies but things are NOT on the upswing in Skin la Rouge nation.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
ONLY WAY IS IF HE FOUND what people in the real estate business call "the greater fool" IOW the Colts who bailed Cleveland.

JMO if you want to run a college offense with a runner at Qb you need two or three very similar guys and you can't draft them first round and sink the cap on one,the wear and tear shows up when? Playoff time just when you need them to validate and if your Qb is running as a weapon instead of just having escapability,he'll break down.
Donovan McNabb is who to talk to about this,he is the voice of experience.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
ONLY WAY IS IF HE FOUND what people in the real estate business call "the greater fool" IOW the Colts who bailed Cleveland.

JMO if you want to run a college offense with a runner at Qb you need two or three very similar guys and you can't draft them first round and sink the cap on one,the wear and tear shows up when? Playoff time just when you need them to validate and if your Qb is running as a weapon instead of just having escapability,he'll break down.
Donovan McNabb is who to talk to about this,he is the voice of experience.
Donovan McNabb was more of a pocket passer who could run then the other way around. Steve Young or Jeff Garcia are more in the mold of guys who had to adapt to more pocket passing vs. running imo. They both proved it can happen.
Having a qb that is truly a dual threat is only a plus for me. I'm no read option fan, but if you have a legit threat with both arms and legs you have a better chance of improvising when things don't go well.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think Cam Newton is at least as over hyped as RGIII.

Maybe his rookie year, but his second year everyone jumped off his bandwagon. Now this year while he's getting some praise, it's deserved. He's humble in victory and defeat. That dude is a changed man, and he's a guy you can rather root for than not.

Well I'm inclined to agree with the recoil over that "face of the future " over statement,IMO his injury sort of flies in the face of that drumbeat that we've been treated to .The drop back passer will never be replaced long term for a franchise,NFL defenses can adjust to simple offences too fast and running QB's FWIW are mainly running because they aren't fully utilizing the offense.
As long as running is his strength he will rely upon it so make a note, don't play RG before the 10th game of the season and chances are the ravages of a season will have done the same for him it usually did for Mike Vick. Read option can't be your staple in this league unless you are unique once teams can game plan for it 5 or 6 games a year it's easy to trot the defense back out.

IMO unless Rg gets that team to the SB by year 5 there won't be enough left of him to do it later,JMO I could be wrong

Pretty much. Athletes playing QB don't work.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Newton has the bulk as well ,but QB's don't need to take hits ,not when he's the centerpiece OR you have a ready replacement next man up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Newton has the bulk as well ,but QB's don't need to take hits ,not when he's the centerpiece OR you have a ready replacement next man up.

Yep.

Newton can handle some hits because he has mass... I suspect RG3 will wear down from the beating he takes week in week out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I dislike Griffin, he is arrogant and way to self centered. He believed the hype and that's a dumb azz thing to do if you're a pro athlete and you're supposed to be the leader of your team.

I bet by 2016 he will be a backup or out of the game. The Redskins franchise will regret the trade and the years wasted trying to make something work that has never worked in the history of the NFL.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I dislike Griffin, he is arrogant and way to self centered. He believed the hype and that's a dumb azz thing to do if you're a pro athlete and you're supposed to be the leader of your team.

I bet by 2016 he will be a backup or out of the game. The Redskins franchise will regret the trade and the years wasted trying to make something work that has never worked in the history of the NFL.
I'm in agreement unless something changes ,which I don't see