Redskin Officials: RGme feared job loss to Cousins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ficials-rgiii-feared-job-loss-to-kirk-cousins

Can a closer look at Robert Griffin III's background help explain his actions during a trying second season in the NFL?

In his notebook,​
NFL Media's Albert Breer wrote in his weekly "Inside The NFL" notebook that Washington Redskins coaches picked up on an "insecurity" with Griffin this season, with some members of the organization concluding that Griffin rushed back from his knee injury out of fear Kirk Cousins could take his starting job.

Cousins worked with the Redskins' first-team offense throughout the offseason and preseason while Griffin rehabbed a knee injury suffered in Washington's playoff lossto the Seattle Seahawks in January.

The thought of his job being in danger was foreign to Griffin during his brilliant collegiate run at Baylor. He committed to the University of Houston, was courted by Stanford and received a scholarship offer from the University of Texas, but only Baylor offered him the chance to start immediately at quarterback.

Baylor never wavered on Griffin, even after he suffered his first ACL tear during his sophomore year. The NFL is a far more cutthroat arena, of course, and Breer postulates that Griffin was smart enough to recognize that as he went through his recovery process.

The Redskins won't give up on Griffin any time soon. They mortgaged their future to acquire him in the 2012 NFL Draft, and his outstanding rookie season remains a warm memory for both the organization and fan base.

And that's the biggest shame of Griffin's most recent knee injury. He looked like a sure thing -- the perfect candidate to be the league's face of the future. Now none of that seems so sure.

If that uncertainty gnaws at the Redskins and their supporters, imagine how RGIII must feel.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The league's "face of the future"? Seriously?

His reputation has been ruined. No one outside Washington DC (and even there they are starting to get iffy) likes him and think he's a diva.

I've never seen a more overhyped rookie QB. Are his initials really that fun to say?

A55VA6

Legend
This guy is a slightly more talented Tim Tebow to the media. They'll never stop talking about him until he's out of the league and even then they'll still fit it in every now and then.. RG3 should fear losing his job to Cousins because he'll probably run away with it. Cousins is a pretty good QB.

PhxRam

His reputation has been ruined. No one outside Washington DC (and even there they are starting to get iffy) likes him and think he's a diva.

I've never seen a more overhyped rookie QB. Are his initials really that fun to say?

Speak for yourself.

I like him and think he is going to turn into a damn good QB.

V3

Hall of Fame
He's dumber than I thought if he thought that. No team is going to give up on a QB that they spent 4 draft picks on in 2 years.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Speak for yourself.

Generally speaking. I've also said time again he's probably a great guy and a lot of things have been twisted by the media.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Speak for yourself.

I think you might be right, but I can also see him washing out. I'm neutral, just so long as the Skins tank the rest of this year and we get a top-5 pick out of them :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RG3 is struggling this year because Washington lacks offensive weapons. Sound familiar?

The biggest worry for this guy, in my book, is his ability to stay healthy. He gets hit hard, too often. <- This and if he can overcome the media build up and tear down. The birds are circling.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I just want that high pick next year. If we end up with a top 3 pick, I'm perfectly fine with RG3 becoming a HOFer down the road. I would make that deal right now.

OhioRam

Rookie
offensive weapons really? he has had far better weapons than what Sam has had his first 3 years.
Alfred Morris is a 1,200 yard back.
Pierre Garcon is a number one Wr....he billed out rg3 a number of times. Sam never had a wr like this.
Santana Moss made some good plays last year for rg3 took some short balls to the house.
Josh Morgan nice 4th wr to have on your team.
Leonard Hankerson has talent and many ram fans wanted him.
Jordan Reed nice looking rookie has better numbers than tavon Austin.
He has no weapons my rear end

Last edited by a moderator:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
offensive weapons really? he has had far better weapons than what Sam has had his first 3 years.
Alfred Morris is a 1,200 yard back.
Pierre Garcon is a number one Wr....he billed out rg3 a number of times. Sam never had a wr like this.
Santana Moss made some good plays last year for rg3 took some short balls to the house.
Josh Morgan nice 4th wr to have on your team.
Leonard Hankerson has talent and many ram fans wanted him.
Jordan Reed nice looking rookie has better numbers than tavon Austin.
He has no weapons my read end

Well, I'm not overly impressed outside of Morris and Garçon. It might just be me :nau:.

A55VA6

Legend
His mechanics this year have been BAD. If you watch tape, he's always throwing off his back foot or looks very uncomfortable, indecisive, etc. I saw this in college too and never understood while people were crazy for him. But that's just my opinion.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
His mechanics this year have been BAD. If you watch tape, he's always throwing off his back foot or looks very uncomfortable, indecisive, etc. I saw this in college too and never understood while people were crazy for him. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, without his legs; he's a different package. I'm not sure that's what Washington traded for.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Well I'm inclined to agree with the recoil over that "face of the future " over statement,IMO his injury sort of flies in the face of that drumbeat that we've been treated to .The drop back passer will never be replaced long term for a franchise,NFL defenses can adjust to simple offences too fast and running QB's FWIW are mainly running because they aren't fully utilizing the offense.
As long as running is his strength he will rely upon it so make a note, don't play RG before the 10th game of the season and chances are the ravages of a season will have done the same for him it usually did for Mike Vick. Read option can't be your staple in this league unless you are unique once teams can game plan for it 5 or 6 games a year it's easy to trot the defense back out.

IMO unless Rg gets that team to the SB by year 5 there won't be enough left of him to do it later,JMO I could be wrong

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

I think Cam Newton is at least as over hyped as RGIII.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
This guy is a slightly more talented Tim Tebow to the media. They'll never stop talking about him until he's out of the league and even then they'll still fit it in every now and then.. RG3 should fear losing his job to Cousins because he'll probably run away with it. Cousins is a pretty good QB.

I think he is a TON more talented than Tim Tebow.

Do what ever you want next season, but RGIII gives us the best chance of a high pick this year, #OperationKeepPlayingHim.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Heck if those stubborn fools would have let Cousins have the reigns throughout the Playoffs last year, like they should have, then RG3 returns to his former glory. They should give up on their coaches before they give up on him. Those clowns leave with Griffin and Cossins and the new HC takes over from there. Long way from getting to that point but if the Apocalypse happens in Washington then that's how it should play out.