Red Zone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
They are saying he was a great player and leader. Both true.
But, that has nothing do with his retarded dance before games. Do you think that stuff really matters to pros?
Making guys better around you has nothing to do with a stupid Fing dance it has to do with knowledge, mentoring guys ect.
So, you actually think grown men who have all overcome a lot of stuff to be at the top level and going to play better and be "inspired" by some tool doing a dance? If that gets someone fired up great, how long does that last? 5 minutes? Two plays?
If it were that easy then just get a hype man and be done with it.
This conversation started with someone saying the Rams need someone to get in guys faces....which may make a fan feel better, but, in reality will accomplish nothing.
As an aside, F Ray Lewis.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We never try to throw into the endzone. Everything we do is behind the LOS or at best right at the goal line. Either the offensive staff doesn't believe Keenum can make the throws or they are just really bad at calling plays. I think it's a little of both really. But both of our redzone trips yesterday was the epitome of our offense.

If the staff was confident of Case's accuracy he'd be throwing into the endzone. They probably stack his reads with as much high percentage as possible in that scenario.

Which goes back to my mentioning of the kid helping us there. He's got the live arm, a nice high release point, and can thread that thing to the middle or fade it to the corner on a dime. He is going to help us there once he settles in.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams have a size advantage with Britt and Quick, and other than Keenum's pass to the Giants DRC, I cant recall where they throw one up in the corner and let their bigs go and get it
The game winning TD to Quick vs Arizona.
Yeah Dieter, we need to see more that. Britt, Quick ISO'd from the bunch formation near the goal line.

I'm rewatching the game on the big screen right now(missed the Rams' first possession yesterday).
That 1st and goal at the 1 yard line series after the long Benny run was not good. Either pound it in or create the one-on-one with our big receivers.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They are saying he was a great player and leader. Both true.
But, that has nothing do with his retarded dance before games. Do you think that stuff really matters to pros?
Making guys better around you has nothing to do with a stupid Fing dance it has to do with knowledge, mentoring guys ect.
So, you actually think grown men who have all overcome a lot of stuff to be at the top level and going to play better and be "inspired" by some tool doing a dance? If that gets someone fired up great, how long does that last? 5 minutes? Two plays?
If it were that easy then just get a hype man and be done with it.
This conversation started with someone saying the Rams need someone to get in guys faces....which may make a fan feel better, but, in reality will accomplish nothing.
As an aside, F Ray Lewis.
Yeah I never liked the dance and think it lost some juice as the years went on. However, I think it had more to do with his mindset and less to do with hyping anyone else.

I don't think this was about getting in someone's face as much as seeing leadership. There are different ways to do that and no matter how it gets done it is important. Leading a group of guys into battle is not something everyone can do.

Personally I think saying fuck Ray Lewis is naive and childish but you're a grown man as far as I know so you're entitled.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The game winning TD to Quick vs Arizona.
Yeah Dieter, we need to see more that. Britt, Quick ISO'd from the bunch formation near the goal line.

I'm rewatching the game on the big screen right now(missed the Rams' first possession yesterday).
That 1st and goal at the 1 yard line series after the long Benny run was not good. Either pound it in or create the one-on-one with our big receivers.
I think that Fisher was trying to reward Benny by giving him a couple cracks at the EZ since he got it down there, which I think is the right thing to do. But not giving Gurley at least 1 shot was silly. I also thought at the time that it should have been 4 down territory with worse case Petty getting his first snaps while standing in his own end zone but what can you do

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We can't do shit against stacked boxes in the regular part of the field... the boxes are even more compact in the Red Zone. Stands to reason we would struggle even more there.

I also believe that lack of familiarity contributes as well. We simply aren't down in the Red Zone very much. When we do finally push into the Red Zone... it appears to me that the pucker factor goes through the roof for the players. Lots of mistakes as a result.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think that Fisher was trying to reward Benny by giving him a couple cracks at the EZ since he got it down there, which I think is the right thing to do. But not giving Gurley at least 1 shot was silly. I also thought at the time that it should have been 4 down territory with worse case Petty getting his first snaps while standing in his own end zone but what can you do
Good points.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And on the bright side, we got points on the first drive again.
In 9 games they've scored on the first drive 6 times, 3 TD and 3 FG and against AZ they scored a TD on the 2nd drive
Its the rest of the game that they struggle....

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like that they were trying to give Benny a chance to get in but when he put the ball on the ground all the momentum seemed to come crashing down.

I keep thinking back to last year and the determination Gurley showed o get in the end zone. I just don't see it this year whether it is from him being beaten down some many times or whatever, it just isn't there.

I really thought running left would be a no brainer with Harkey leading the way how can Grob, Saffold and Harkey not blow a hole open to gain a few yards every time????

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah I never liked the dance and think it lost some juice as the years went on. However, I think it had more to do with his mindset and less to do with hyping anyone else.

I don't think this was about getting in someone's face as much as seeing leadership. There are different ways to do that and no matter how it gets done it is important. Leading a group of guys into battle is not something everyone can do.

Personally I think saying freak Ray Lewis is naive and childish but you're a grown man as far as I know so you're entitled.
I am a grown man, but, a childish one.
That was sort of tongue in cheek anyway.
So, we agree. Leadership is something that cant really be judged from afar.

fearsomefour

Legend
And on the bright side, we got points on the first drive again.
In 9 games they've scored on the first drive 6 times, 3 TD and 3 FG and against AZ they scored a TD on the 2nd drive
Its the rest of the game that they struggle....
So, once the scripted plays are done adjustments become difficult?
What does this say?
Im not sure.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What does this say?
Im not sure.
Well whatever it says, it cant be good....
I wonder how the Rams rank with 1st drive scoring league wide?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What does this say?
Im not sure.
They (Boras and Groh) are still figuring out how to do the job? I was happy to see them run successful plays a cople of times yesterday.

At the beginning of the hags v Pats last night one of the announcers was saying how the Pats were feeling out how the hags would react to sets and motion so they could attack it. I don't get the feeling our guys have that gift. It's like the plays are called on a whim, as if there is no forethought or reasoning behind what is called.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I never said we NEED someone to get in guys faces and show them up. And yea, maybe we don't get to see what really goes on. But someone out there who has the balls to take charge, do whatever necessary to will the team into the EZ would be nice.

Guys like Kobe Bryant, MJ imposed their will on the opponents and teammates followed their lead. We have NO ONE doing anything close to that.

lockdnram21

Legend
I really think the O-line lacks push. They just don't seem to be able to blow anyone off the line. Whether it's coaching, or effort, or ability, I don't know. But they have lost virtually every situation where everyone in the western world knew it would be a running play. You simply have to win some of those in order for anything else to work.
I think its the whole interior line in the running game.. If Grob doesn't get better move him to LG next year. Center is a major need.

lockdnram21

Legend
The Rams have a size advantage with Britt and Quick, and other than Keenum's pass to the Giants DRC, I cant recall where they throw one up in the corner and let their bigs go and get it
They don't... Then most of the plays they have for Tavon look like they should be for Quick and Britt.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I thought the same thing...then he went 99 yards...so....
True but my point was that his very first snap would have been from the end zone, he at least had a series under his belt when he faced that