Red Zone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What the heck is wrong with this team on the goal line?

I think the play calling is the root cause of the problems. It;s like there is nothing they are confident in doing that they can say we are doing X and you can't stop it no matter how good you are.

Pride, heart, guts what are they missing?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I think the Rams are afraid of it , every time they get into it , they try and back out

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They seem to go backwards when they get inside the 5 . Poor effort by Cunningham stepping out at the one . Could've easily scored and it cost them 4 points and almost 7 .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I really think the O-line lacks push. They just don't seem to be able to blow anyone off the line. Whether it's coaching, or effort, or ability, I don't know. But they have lost virtually every situation where everyone in the western world knew it would be a running play. You simply have to win some of those in order for anything else to work.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The QB is to short and can't see open receivers. And yes the play calling is really bad.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Lack of execution, from players to coaches. At this point it seems like they are guessing in hopes something will work. We are the easiest team to defend in the Red Zone, and we continue to hear the same canned excuses why we can't score points. I'm tired of the continued excuses, apologies and frustrations about not scoring points. The bottom line is It's a complete failure all the way around. I get players/coaches are frustrated, but at some point they all need to "nut it up" and correct the problem.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Who is the LEADER on offense?
You don't ever see anyone hyping up his teammates or getting in anyone's face out there. There's no ownership and therefore no accountability. I see more fire and excitement and passion out of Hekker and the Special Teams.

Keenum is lucky to even have a job, you think he's gonna be able to take charge and command the team? He's not going to get in anyone's ass for a blown play or a penalty. The guy is prone to his own share of miscues, so he can't say shit. There's no one out there that commands / demands respect. Tavon getting paid like a star, he isn't one. Gurley getting talked about like a star, he isn't. It's pretty pathetic top to bottom. It starts at the top though.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
You don't ever see anyone hyping up his teammates or getting in anyone's face out there. There's no ownership and therefore no accountability. I see more fire and excitement and passion out of Hekker and the Special Teams.

Keenum is lucky to even have a job, you think he's gonna be able to take charge and command the team? He's not going to get in anyone's ass for a blown play or a penalty. The guy is prone to his own share of miscues, so he can't say crap. There's no one out there that commands / demands respect. Tavon getting paid like a star, he isn't one. Gurley getting talked about like a star, he isn't. It's pretty pathetic top to bottom. It starts at the top though.

I remember Harkey being a very vocal and respected guy the last few years, but he can't even get on the field. Cunningham gets pumped up after a big play but we aren't making many of those.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Keenum is lucky to even have a job, you think he's gonna be able to take charge and command the team? He's not going to get in anyone's ass for a blown play or a penalty. The guy is prone to his own share of miscues, so he can't say crap. There's no one out there that commands / demands respect. Tavon getting paid like a star, he isn't one. Gurley getting talked about like a star, he isn't. It's pretty pathetic top to bottom. It starts at the top though.
Great point about the leadership on O being MIA.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The redzone is where accuracy really pays off in QBs. It is one of the areas that will immediately get better with a QB change for us. When the field shrinks the arm talent and accuracy is paramount.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of these are good reasons, but I will say what I scream every Sunday in my living room. Why does Boras design plays that leave the reception behind the line of scrimmage or in the end zone. On a lot of third downs, the ball placement is behind where we need the ball to go whether it be a first down, or a touchdown. God knows, if I can guess this the other defense definitely can. On third and short, there is more than enough field to make a play than just in the flat, stick, or fade routes.

As for the runs in the red zone, the offensive linemen not blowing the DL,DT off of the line of scrimmage is spot on @RamFan503. I also see Gurley not being patient a second, two, or three before making a dedicated run to a hole ( or absence thereof). Does any body else see that?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think, in the second half of yesterdays game, the O-line started to get there collective run blocking together, so I say Start Benny at RB and put Goff in! Let see how that works!!(y) JMHO!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The redzone is where accuracy really pays off in QBs. It is one of the areas that will immediately get better with a QB change for us. When the field shrinks the arm talent and accuracy is paramount.
Keenum has not been having any problem completing passes in the red zone the problem has been the routes are not in the end zone

Psycho_X

Legend
We never try to throw into the endzone. Everything we do is behind the LOS or at best right at the goal line. Either the offensive staff doesn't believe Keenum can make the throws or they are just really bad at calling plays. I think it's a little of both really. But both of our redzone trips yesterday was the epitome of our offense.

fearsomefour

Legend

One of the more overrated things is the "visual" leader. Someone foaming at the mouth and all that. Mostly nonsense. These are guys at the top of the athletic field. Tiny portions of 1 percent. Do you think they don't care? Do you think someone "getting in their face" will mean anything. What may work on a distracted high school kid has no place at this level. They are elite athletes at the top level....so are all the guys they are facing. So, the margin for error is very small.
As someone who has been ortunate enough to be around some high level coaches (different sport) the guys who offer up "get your sh** together", usually have little else to offer.
You never see guy like Warner, either Manning and many other get in a guys face or try to embarrass them, anyone think they are not leaders?
Heck, I remember Warner talking about the GSOT saying one of the real leaders on the team, a guy who kept all those egos going in the same direction, was Ernie Conwell. So a guy who was not a starter his whole time there playing an important role for guys like Pace, Bruce, Holt? You bet. It happens a lot.
A guy like Keenum probably has the respect of his teammates. He's "a guy". Being a guy means you do your work, you give effort and you don't cause problems.
It's easy to like the big boisterous display but that usually carries little weight with grown men. It's impossible to know the dynamics of a team without being there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams have a size advantage with Britt and Quick, and other than Keenum's pass to the Giants DRC, I cant recall where they throw one up in the corner and let their bigs go and get it

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
One of the more overrated things is the "visual" leader. Someone foaming at the mouth and all that. Mostly nonsense. These are guys at the top of the athletic field. Tiny portions of 1 percent. Do you think they don't care? Do you think someone "getting in their face" will mean anything. What may work on a distracted high school kid has no place at this level. They are elite athletes at the top level....so are all the guys they are facing. So, the margin for error is very small.
As someone who has been ortunate enough to be around some high level coaches (different sport) the guys who offer up "get your sh** together", usually have little else to offer.
You never see guy like Warner, either Manning and many other get in a guys face or try to embarrass them, anyone think they are not leaders?
Heck, I remember Warner talking about the GSOT saying one of the real leaders on the team, a guy who kept all those egos going in the same direction, was Ernie Conwell. So a guy who was not a starter his whole time there playing an important role for guys like Pace, Bruce, Holt? You bet. It happens a lot.
A guy like Keenum probably has the respect of his teammates. He's "a guy". Being a guy means you do your work, you give effort and you don't cause problems.
It's easy to like the big boisterous display but that usually carries little weight with grown men. It's impossible to know the dynamics of a team without being there.
Ray Lewis

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lack of execution, from players to coaches.
Thread winner. Execute in the smaller windows...Be accurate...and line, be powerful. We must be able to run, even when they know the run is coming(stacked box, who gives a fuck!?). Drive your man..If the linemen we have can't do that, we simply drafted the WRONG guys! And that's all on LES SNEAD.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
They're just trying to get Zeurlein as many positive reps as possible so he'll be money in the playoffs!