Receivers' work will continue at "Camp Bradford"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
By Jim Thomas

For Rams veterans, next week marks the end of the spring practice period with the players getting a nice, long break before the start of training camp in late July.

But for the skill position players, particularly the wide receivers and tight ends, they’re not totally off the hook. Once again, they will be asked to participate in “Camp Bradford” at the request of quarterback Sam Bradford. These are informal workouts run by Bradford back home in Oklahoma.

“Yes, I’m actually planning on that,” Bradford said Thursday following the Rams’ OTA session. “I’m having a (youth football) camp – I believe it’s the second weekend of July. So I’m planning on bringing those guys in and getting a few days of work with them, and hopefully they can stay and help out with my camp as well.”

As was the case last summer, as well as during the lockout offseason of 2011, Bradford will lodge his Rams teammates at the Sooner Legends Inn and Suites in Norman, Okla. Each room is named after a former OU great and decorated with pictures and information on that player or coach.

So who gets the “Sam Bradford suite” this July? Last year it was wide receiver Danny Amendola.

“I don’t know yet,” Bradford said. “That’s up to the people at the hotel.”

He jokingly added: “Hopefully, no one has to stay in that room. We can get them some better player’s (room) to stay in.”

As for what he’s seen so far at Rams Park, Bradford says he can already see improvement in the young group of wide receivers.

“It’s definitely come a long way since two, three weeks ago when we first started with those rookies,” he said. “I’ve been really impressed by some of the young guys that we’ve had – Tavon (Austin), Stedman (Bailey) – I thought they’ve done a great job.

“We’re asking them to play a lot of different positions right now. Of course there’s still mistakes, but for the most part they’ve been extremely sharp. The chemistry, I think, is really coming along. We’ve put some time in after practice together and obviously the more reps we’ve gotten together on the field in practice, things have really started to click.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/receivers-work-will-continue-at-camp-bradford/article_23c96af4-67a9-5754-8778-19d0c041c873.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 1c873.html</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is great!

I like that he also uses this as a way to support his youth camp. That's good for all the players.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
CGI_Ram said:
This is great!

I like that he also uses this as a way to support his youth camp. That's good for all the players.

Agreed. Do most QBs do this type of stuff? I figure bringing their TEs and WRs together is common, but I doubt these youth camps are.

bluecoconuts

Legend
iBruce said:
CGI_Ram said:
This is great!

Agreed. Do most QBs do this type of stuff? I figure bringing their TEs and WRs together is common, but I doubt these youth camps are.

I don't know, I haven't really heard of it... During the lockout everyone was doing it though, but I think the NFLPA was encouraging that.... I'm sure some QB's do, but I don't think it's an annual thing or that everyone does it.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Nice going Sam.

Just what I want to see from our QB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
iBruce said:
CGI_Ram said:
This is great!

I wonder that too. I've never spent much time concerning myself with any other team... ok - I've spent NO time. But I have thought about that more than a few times.

jap

Legend
Yep, that's the Sam I Am we know and love. I thought he would do this very thing and stated so months ago. The guy has extreme workaholic tendencies when it comes to getting his job down. If he had a consistent offensive system throughout his short career with a solid OL and decent receivers, I believe we would have seen him have a breakout season in Season Two. As it is, the right coach finally came along to get Sam's career rolling again.