Receivers got to step up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Am I the only one who likes Pettis? I still think he can improve and he's been solid for us.

I was one of the few here putting him above Salas, even with the suspension his sophomore year, I said Salas would go before he did.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Why is it important? Because even if we have different opinions, we're all Rams fans and I had hoped we'd be reuniting by now instead of continuing to snipe at each other.

The Rams have made their decision. While I hope it turns out they made the right one, we don't know that yet. And it doesn't make me a bad fan to not know that, so long as I hope I'm wrong.

Why it so important to people here that they were "right" that they feel compelled to continue with making it about the poster even after they got their guy?

You claim its ok to have differing opinions, but yet, you seem to take offense to anyone who doesn't agree with yours. You are the one who seems to be taking things personally, and then hiding behind the "we're all Rams fans" credo.

If its ok for you to have one opinion, then its just as ok for others not to agree with it. But they don't seem to be the ones trashing our current players to make their point valid.

Apparently you are of the mindset, that these guys are as good as they are ever gonna be. And yet, somehow, think a player who hasn't taken a single NFL snap is light years better in a position that is well documented taking as many as 3 years to fully develop. This Fantasy Football, generation who want instant gratification just doesn't seem to understand how the game really works.

AS I stated in another thread, at some point, just throwing more picks at the problem isn't the answer. It becomes a revolving door of ROOKIE WRs all facing the same learning curve, and all it really does is stunt the development of the guys who are already here.

jjab360

Legend
You're telling me you wouldn't be just as upset had the Rams taken Watkins instead? It's tough when months of anticipation get dashed. That's a valid feeling. I'm sure at some point you must have felt this administration made a mistake. That didn't make you any less of a fan, right?

The sniping is solely on those who are making it about posters rather than about the Rams. No matter which side they're on.

Other than that, I don't think there's a single member of the pre-draft Robinson camp that I think any less of.
Honestly, no I wouldn't be upset if the Rams had taken Watkins. I would look at the bright side just like I did when they took Jason Smith despite my begging and pleading for the opposite in the months leading up to the draft. "Well, he is charismatic and sorta athletic and uh.. what's the worst that could happen?" I told myself.

The posters that are ranting right now should probably be allowed their time to vent, but some are being particularly chilidish about it, tbh.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You claim its ok to have differing opinions,
I cut the rest of this because you're attacking the strawman. I'm over here.

It IS okay to have different opinions, no matter what that opinion is (at least as long as there's a basic grounding in reality of course). Robinson was the right choice. Robinson was the wrong choice. That should all be fine.

I am only saying none of us, regardless of what side we are on, should be making it about posters. And a lot of that has been going on, and it's mainly coming from the pro-Robinson side from what I see. And I think we're better than that.

I have zero, repeat, ZERO problem with you liking the Robinson pick and I will pray that you and the others are completely right about it, and he benefited the team more than Watkins would have. Because I will never hope that the Rams fail, and Robinson failing would be the Rams failing.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Honestly, no I wouldn't be upset if the Rams had taken Watkins. I would look at the bright side just like I did when they took Jason Smith despite my begging and pleading for the opposite in the months leading up to the draft. "Well, he is charismatic and sorta athletic and uh.. what's the worst that could happen?" I told myself.

The posters that are ranting right now should probably be allowed their time to vent, but some are being particularly chilidish about it, tbh.
And I'm looking at the bright side with the Robinson pick too. Maybe some others aren't, but I am. Check out this post if you haven't already.

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/youll-likely-never-hear-this-comparison-again.25720/

I'm just saying some on your side are being childish too. And I'm sure both sides will say the other side started it.

jjab360

Legend
And I'm looking at the bright side with the Robinson pick too. Maybe some others aren't, but I am. Check out this post if you haven't already.

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/youll-likely-never-hear-this-comparison-again.25720/

I'm just saying some on your side are being childish too. And I'm sure both sides will say the other side started it.
This whole "our side, your side" mess is only perpetuating what you claim you want to move past. I don't even see it like that tbh, I was never that deeply entrenched though it might seem like I was because I'm so excited for the pick right now. I hate to say it but whatever guys wanted someone else need to just get over it, that grudge holding attitude is why so many Rams fans were separated even to this day because of the Bradford/Suh debate.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
This whole "our side, your side" mess is only perpetuating what you claim you want to move past. I don't even see it like that tbh, I was never that deeply entrenched though it might seem like I was because I'm so excited for the pick right now. I hate to say it but whatever guys wanted someone else need to just get over it, that grudge holding attitude is why so many Rams fans were separated even to this day because of the Bradford/Suh debate.
You know what, I'll grant your idea that we shouldn't even be talking about pro-Robinson, pro-Watkins anymore. Robinson is a Ram. Watkins isn't, Matthews isn't, and thank God Manziel isn't. And none of them likely ever will be.

But no one should be personally attacking or insulting other posters regardless of who they preferred?

Sound fair?

As I said in that post, I'm allowing myself to get excited for Robinson too. I love his attitude. That humility screams "I can be coached!" and the most talented people in the world who can't be coached end up the busts.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Tavon Austin- Not a prototypical number 1, but a guy who can be a dynamic playmaker. We need him to play to his potential.

Stedman Bailey- He showed a lot last year. We need him for a full season playing like he finished last season.

Kenny Britt- You have number 1 WR ability. Live up to it or you're out of the league.

Chris Givens- You had a solid rookie season, then sucked in year two.

Brian Quick- Has sucked from day 1. Third year in the system. You were drafted at 33 to be a number 1. Step up or go home.

Austin Pettis- You are as good as you will get.

Jared Cook- What happened after the Arizona game? Talent is there, heart isn't.

Lance Kendricks- Can we just pretend it's the 2011 preseason?

These are the guys we are going into the season with. There won't be any upgrades. We need somebody to step up their game.

I hope they can block. ;)

WRs usually break out in their third years

Can I just ask what this actually means when you say it, it's just that I see it used a lot, and I'm curious to know what people think it means?

The way I read it, and I could be way off base here, is that all WRs are going to suddenly become Calvin Johnson in their 3rd year, where as in reality the vast majority of WRs who disappoint in their first two years continue to disappoint in their 3rd year.