Receivers got to step up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Tavon Austin- Not a prototypical number 1, but a guy who can be a dynamic playmaker. We need him to play to his potential.

Stedman Bailey- He showed a lot last year. We need him for a full season playing like he finished last season.

Kenny Britt- You have number 1 WR ability. Live up to it or you're out of the league.

Chris Givens- You had a solid rookie season, then sucked in year two.

Brian Quick- Has sucked from day 1. Third year in the system. You were drafted at 33 to be a number 1. Step up or go home.

Austin Pettis- You are as good as you will get.

Jared Cook- What happened after the Arizona game? Talent is there, heart isn't.

Lance Kendricks- Can we just pretend it's the 2011 preseason?

These are the guys we are going into the season with. There won't be any upgrades. We need somebody to step up their game.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Stedman might blow up. He has a nose for the endzone and a fighter mentality....two awesome traits

lockdnram21

Legend
Quick showed flashes This past season. He needs more consistency. This is year 3 hes had enouhg time to get the play book and all the cues. I hope hes ready this year.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
We might see someone really step up. That was always a possibility.

If not, one has to think that's #1 priority next offseason.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
QfU3epz.jpg

jjab360

Legend
That's a lot of names for a team that supposedly doesn't have any receivers.

Even one of those guys develops into what they were supposed to be, and the rest can act as complementary pieces and this whole subject is a nonissue.

Boffo97

Name
Dave

Even one of those guys develops into what they were supposed to be, and the rest can act as complementary pieces and this whole subject is a nonissue.
Every team has a lot of names.

And I could counter that if we got Watkins and a guard, the OL would have been a non issue.

There were multiple valid paths. The Rams chose one. That doesn't mean the other was wrong.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

I honestly clicked the like button twice on this hoping it would work... Unfortunately it unliked, so I had to like again. In other words,... "I wish I had mo hands, cuz I would give this post 4 thumbs UP!!"

I'm drunk..

jjab360

Legend
Every team has a lot of names.

And I could counter that if we got Watkins and a guard, the OL would have been a non issue.

There were multiple valid paths. The Rams chose one. That doesn't mean the other was wrong.
I wonder what you guys would do if we drafted the almighty Watkins and he just ended up as another disappointing name on that list. Repeatedly throwing resources at one position without results is not good football management.

WRs usually break out in their third years, we have four guys on the roster right now that haven't even reached that mark yet, patience is a virtue.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Fish's philosophy: We're going to pound the ball and beat teams up. When they load the box, we'll pass as needed. Old school

Love the Stacy / Mason tandem

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I wonder what you guys would do if we drafted the almighty Watkins and he just ended up as another disappointing name on that list. Repeatedly throwing resources at one position is not good football management.
Funny, that's what I kept telling people who wanted to draft Robinson AND another OL high and I was ignored. (Or, arguably drafting Robinson at all despite having our starting tackles already on the roster could violate that rule.)

We have NOT thrown a lot of resources at #1 WR. Quick's been the only drafted to develop into that role. This has been said repeatedly.

And... this is what I'm talking about... "almighty Watkins"? Really? That's necessary? Mock the other guy to put your guy up?

WRs usually break out in their third years, we have four guys on the roster right now that haven't even reached that mark yet, patience is a virtue.
If one does, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Odds are, one does not since there really hasn't been evidence of that yet.

But, as I've said, I've long since admitted that drafting Robinson is a valid course of action for this team. Can you admit that drafting Watkins would have been as well (even if that's not the way you would have gone) and those who preferred that haven't been "proven wrong"?

jjab360

Legend
But, as I've said, I've long since admitted that drafting Robinson is a valid course of action for this team. Can you admit that drafting Watkins would have been as well (even if that's not the way you would have gone) and those who preferred that haven't been "proven wrong"?
Why is it so important to you that I do? I honestly didn't think that it was a valid course of action, at least not at no.2 overall, and the Rams didn't go that route. Honestly you should just stop taking it so personally, you backed the wrong horse it's no big deal. ;)

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Why is it so important to you that I do? I honestly didn't think that it was a valid course of action, at least not at no.2 overall, and the Rams didn't go that route. Honestly you should just stop taking it so personally, you backed the wrong horse it's no big deal. ;)
Why is it important? Because even if we have different opinions, we're all Rams fans and I had hoped we'd be reuniting by now instead of continuing to snipe at each other.

The Rams have made their decision. While I hope it turns out they made the right one, we don't know that yet. And it doesn't make me a bad fan to not know that, so long as I hope I'm wrong.

Why it so important to people here that they were "right" that they feel compelled to continue with making it about the poster even after they got their guy?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wouldn't say Quick sucked from day one just like I wouldn't say a 4 year old is a retard for not understanding how to tell what an object is made of by its stellar spectroscopy.

jjab360

Legend
Why is it important? Because even if we have different opinions, we're all Rams fans and I had hoped we'd be reuniting by now instead of continuing to snipe at each other.

The Rams have made their decision. While I hope it turns out they made the right one, we don't know that yet. And it doesn't make me a bad fan to not know that, so long as I hope I'm wrong.

Why it so important to people here that they were "right" that they feel compelled to continue with making it about the poster even after they got their guy?
I don't understand your viewpoint. The only people keeping the fanbase from "reuniting" or whatever are the guys who keep saying the Rams screwed up over and over again. It's fine to have that opinion, but that's where all of the sniping begins and ends at.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I don't understand your viewpoint. The only people keeping the fanbase from "reuniting" or whatever are the guys who keep saying the Rams screwed up over and over again. It's fine to have that opinion, but that's where all of the sniping begins and ends at.
You're telling me you wouldn't be just as upset had the Rams taken Watkins instead? It's tough when months of anticipation get dashed. That's a valid feeling. I'm sure at some point you must have felt this administration made a mistake. That didn't make you any less of a fan, right?

The sniping is solely on those who are making it about posters rather than about the Rams. No matter which side they're on.

Other than that, I don't think there's a single member of the pre-draft Robinson camp that I think any less of.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Am I the only one who likes Pettis? I still think he can improve and he's been solid for us.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Am I the only one who likes Pettis? I still think he can improve and he's been solid for us.
I don't DISLIKE him, I just wonder how much more of a ceiling he has to show us. Didn't dislike Gibson either, but thought much the same of him. (Which isn't to say I think they're of equivalent talent)

I liked our starting offensive line except for the LG hole too. Still do. Except now I like all of them. Just different routes to get to the same place is all I'm saying.