LEGEND Really Cool Photos / Videos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Greetings sports fans from the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona...

IMG_20170510_142058_zps2xqko8mg.jpg

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
7/30/17 Sunset Tamarindo, Costa Rica just south toward Langosta, around 6:something stoned Pm.
[GALLERY=media, 229]IMG-20170730-WA0031 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 1, 2017 at 12:59 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 230]IMG-20170730-WA0032 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 1, 2017 at 12:59 AM[/GALLERY]

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
7/30/17 around 10pm massive rain, lightning and thunder. No photo app edits, simply hit that capture button on the phone. Lit up the entire sky! In the distance is the Pacific, short 5 minute flip flop walk away.
[GALLERY=media, 231]20170730_205258 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 1, 2017 at 1:00 AM[/GALLERY]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I took this about a year and a half ago, maybe longer. I live 5 minutes from the beach so I can catch sunsets at a whim and this was one of those times. The Gulf of Mexico has some fantastic sunsets especially when there are storms way out on the water miles and miles from shore.

I have an entire folder of pics of sunsets and the beach. This is one of the top 5 that I have taken.

20150621_203102.jpg

bnw

Pro Bowler
I took this about a year and a half ago, maybe longer. I live 5 minutes from the beach so I can catch sunsets at a whim and this was one of those times. The Gulf of Mexico has some fantastic sunsets especially when there are storms way out on the water miles and miles from shore.

I have an entire folder of pics of sunsets and the beach. This is one of the top 5 that I have taken.

View attachment 20788
Looks like aliens should be dropping out of that cloud.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
(2) separate Costa Rican tree frogs on the patio wall with easy eats; flies, moths etc.
[GALLERY=media, 236]20170814_192340 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 15, 2017 at 9:18 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 237]20170815_211225 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 15, 2017 at 9:19 PM[/GALLERY]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
(2) separate Costa Rican tree frogs on the patio wall with easy eats; flies, moths etc.
[GALLERY=media, 236]20170814_192340 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 15, 2017 at 9:18 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 237]20170815_211225 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 15, 2017 at 9:19 PM[/GALLERY]

I love the diversity of animals down there. It is one of my favorite things about Costa Rica.

I was fascinated by the pizotes. They were everywhere and they were almost fearless. Do you have any pics of those? I liked them so much that I bought a little wooden carved one... carved out of some kind of hardwood.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Yo @Selassie I, haven't seen one of those yet, a few ant eaters and similar.

I was the dumbass Gringo to ship a (My) 1996 Dodge Ram 360 5.9L 9" lift to CR from Houston to Limon port and then drive to Tamarindo on my own , dude 91,240 original miles . I've been waiting since May to get Riteve approval. I am very close finally after an adventure to get 4.25" fender flares (via Amazon to my South Beach po box) clearance. When I see those you'll be the first to know. Appreciate the heads up. I'm still figuring it all out here. I have a ton of howler monkeys right outside my front door.

@CGI_Ram should be included since he helped me find this thread and inquired about my estranged CR life choice.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I took this pic on the Sunday morning before hurricane Irma. It's the sun rising over the intercoastal waterway in New Smyrna Beach. We were heading out for a long fishing trip offshore.

Sadly,,, that dock was completely destroyed by Irma.

20170903_065421.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I took this pic on the Sunday morning before hurricane Irma. It's the sun rising over the intercoastal waterway in New Smyrna Beach. We were heading out for a long fishing trip offshore.

Sadly,,, that dock was completely destroyed by Irma.

20170903_065421.jpg
Was that the Black Swan’s dock?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That sucks about the dock. Irma was nasty.

We are still seeing things put back together down here. It's pretty bad in many places. I'm fortunate.

Many of the parks on the beaches and some areas are still closed. Entire neighborhoods not even that far from me still don't have power. One near me is still under a couple of feet of water.

I feel for those in PR, it's so bad there and it's going to take who knows how long to get things even halfway to normal.

@Selassie I you and I are lucky in comparison.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Yeah... it really is.

Most people don't realize how much bigger wolves are compared to dogs. They are a lot bigger.

I'll never forget the video I saw of this guy who was walking in the woods with his German Shepherd. His dog apparently picked up on the scent of this wolf that was hiding in plain sight just about 10 - 15 yards ahead of them. The dog started barking and growling in the general direction of the wolf even though he didn't see the wolf yet. All the noise caused the wolf to stand up and reveal himself to the dog and it's owner.... both of them were shocked by it's sight. German Shepherds are big dogs, but this wolf looked like it was more than 3 times the size of that dog... it was wild.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah... it really is.

Most people don't realize how much bigger wolves are compared to dogs. They are a lot bigger.

I'll never forget the video I saw of this guy who was walking in the woods with his German Shepherd. His dog apparently picked up on the scent of this wolf that was hiding in plain sight just about 10 - 15 yards ahead of them. The dog started barking and growling in the general direction of the wolf even though he didn't see the wolf yet. All the noise caused the wolf to stand up and reveal himself to the dog and it's owner.... both of them were shocked by it's sight. German Shepherds are big dogs, but this wolf looked like it was more than 3 times the size of that dog... it was wild.

There's some pretty crazy videos out there, I think they mostly come from Eastern/Northern Europe. There's one where a dog is barking at a big black wolf that's sitting in the tree line, and a guy is just standing there filming. Then the wolf, which like you said, is probably 3 times as big as the dog, starts to make his move, and you can hear the dog panic as the tone shifts completely from being the aggressor to realizing he's in a world of trouble. Video shuts off quickly so I have no idea if the wolf got to the dog or not, the entire time I was dumbfounded that this guy was just filming and not trying to get his dog away.

There's another video where a hunting dog wearing a protective vest gets attacked by two wolves. She survived and a camera attached to her harness got it on video, but it's sort of a hard watch, cause you know the dog doesn't really know any better, there is two of them and they're so much bigger.

Don't fuck with wolves really. They're a pretty important part of the ecosystem too, so I feel like they should be protected and left alone.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Neowise and the ISS the other nite over the pacific. Have no idea where this came from.:p

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 8.13.48 PM.png