Reality Check.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A lot of doubters out there, and this forum is a refuge from the haters! So who is right?
Is that a serious question!?! ROD is " Always right!!" You must have been visiting the 49ers site! They are going to finish 2-14, the Sea-Hag's are going to go 7-9 and the Cards 8-8!! The Rams will go 14-2! THE FIX IS IN!!:sneaky:(y):snicker::shades::rockon::cheers:

Ram65

Legend
Last year the Rams took a big step backwards. I thought that Fisher was ready to take them forward a step or two. I wouldn't go telling anyone the Rams are ready to take the NFC West. The reality is a lot of question marks obviously surround the McVay Rams that were 4-12 last year under Jeff Fisher.

I expect the Wade Phillip's Rams defense to be top ten and not the question mark to the Rams success. The Rams fate could largely depend on the health of he offensive line. Having Roger Saffold at LG with two veterans could help him stay healthy all year long. I have feeling OC John Sullivan will be in great shape after sitting a full year and part time duty last year. He will be a good position to put the back injury behind him. Andrew Whitworth is always in great shape and knows how to not over extend his 35 year old body. While projected RT J Brown and TG R Havenstein have had some injuries but, they are young and could stay healthy. The offense has a much better chance to become a mid level NFL scoring unit if the offensive line stays healthy.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
McVay can't play on Sundays, sadly.

It comes down to execution and as of now our players have very little if any tape that they are capable of anything resembling production.

I still think we are 3 years away from being a contender, if EVERYTHING goes well.

Goff has to develop. The O has to find the right pieces. The D has to find an identity.

Arguing that the Rams will be good this year will just further erode whatever credibility we have with our friends.

I'm in a wait and see tigers crouch.

Grrr...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
8-8 would be a realistic goal.

And a big step forward.

Preseason predictions for the Rams 2018 season....at that point.... would be off the charts

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
8-8 would be a realistic goal.

And a big step forward.

Preseason predictions for the Rams 2018 season....at that point.... would be off the charts
Don't go "half homer" on us now...Some more Kool-Aid maybe?

bnw

Pro Bowler
Haters will always hate so I pay them no attention and I root for me team and I say it loud and proud and many true football fans respect loyalty. When I walk out of a sports bar after draft day, it's the Brown, Jet & Lion fans I shake hands with and wish them the best of luck

Yes the few reliable factories within the industry of sadness.

bnw

Pro Bowler
I was only mentioning the haters always use past history, to project future suckiness, and I choose the 1998-1999 example of 4-12 to Super Bowl champion! (I like my example better!)
:flanders:

bnw

Pro Bowler
The universal Goff is a bust talk you hear EVERYWHERE from fans, experts, non experts, talking heads are the most ignorant takes out there right now when the Rams are being discussed.

I can understand those people being skeptical of the Rams having a good season (I get that) but he played in like 7 games in one of the worst offenses in history(before he was even drafted) with awful coaching. I mean...the jury is still very much out on Goff...yet all these bozo's are proclaiming he's already done. Its hilarious.

As a Rams fan who tells things how i see it, i don't think we picked the right QB...but even i know enough to realize that it's WAY too early to call him a bust. Its nonsense.

I watched every game last season and crap O line or not Gurley didn't look good at all. His vision plain sucked.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Don't go "half homer" on us now...Some more Kool-Aid maybe?
Just trying to keep it real. :D

However if the Rams decide to blow up dominate The League make a legitimate Run for the Super Bowl or pound the Patriots the big game.

I'll be swimming in the Kool-Aid and cheering them on from the top of the Empire State Building at the same time!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the defense should be better with Wade running things...and I like our depth there as well.

But offensively, we have seemingly nothing but question marks. I just want to see progress at some position group, and honestly, it's a win-win for me: if we're bad, it likely means Goff didn't play well, and we take another QB.

We have a full complement of draft picks and an offensive minded coach - we could go 4-12 again this year and I'll be much happier than last year, knowing that we just need to get rid of Jeff Fisher's taint on this offense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I watched every game last season and crap O line or not Gurley didn't look good at all. His vision plain sucked.
Gurley's POV when receiving the handoff in 2016...
crowd-3.jpg

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No need to panic Frant.

I still see quite a lot of reasons this guy should succeed.

Go Goff! GO RAMS!!!!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
IDK fella's, I think we are going to compete THIS year. Our Achilles heal maybe the youth of our receiving core but with Woods and *cough cough* Austin, we may be OK. I am hoping Kupp can be the sure handed outlet Goff needs.