Realistic suggestions for getting back on track?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
The Arizona Cardinals were Super Bowl bound at 4-0 at this point last year (then along came reality in the form of Thursday Night Football)

Little early for the "Off with their Heads" mentality especially considering we're talking about THE youngest team in the NFL.

Oh...about getting back on track.

1) Defense has gotta find a way to get off the field on 3rd down (obviously)

2) We all knew going in that S position on D was a potential weak spot. Well #23 has got to take better angles, #27 appears to be less than #43 from last year (yikes) #20 better be over his "whatever" ailments, and my boy Cody Davis hopefully will get up to speed by week 6.

3) Kendall Langford needs to step up...since Brockers is getting double teamed on seemingly every play.

4) Our young Receiving corps needs to catch the gawd damn ball on drive sustaining 3rd down plays..."they're killing us"

5) Oh, and did I mention the O-line at some point needs to jell...

6) And to MY favorite player, senor Sam, it wouldn't be the end of the world (even tho I know-you know where you're throwing the ball pre-snap :lol: ) if you'd at least just once or twice look off the DB...pretty please?

Let me go back to the top, it's only been 4 games, we have the Jags at home next week, not looking the way some of us were hoping for but there's still time to turn this thing around.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32, what RB's do you like coming out? And, no to 1st rounder, that is way excessive for Ingram, IMO. 4th round pick, tops.

X, do you have a plan?

Currently, my favorite is Lache Seastrunk from Baylor. Jeremy Hill from LSU is also a great talent but a complete mess off the field.

I also have heard great things about Melvin Gordon from Wisconsin.

But the 2015 Draft Class is sadly MUCH stronger than 2014 at HB. 2015 is pretty damn stacked.

Am I the only one who feels like perhaps we should wait for next year to address the RB issue? I feel like the draft is stronger in positions of more pressing needs, like O-linemen and OLBs, I feel like we should address those issues first and by the time we do the strength at HB will be already tapped.

I think our HB we have now will look a bit better with good O-linemen who aren't injured and can win battles in the trenches and if they're still average then we're in a better place to replace them.

fancents86

Starter
not sure why ya'll want another rb? maybe if our oline made an opening that more thn an ant could get through we'd have more success. not to mention we havent even seen stacey's potential yet.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This thread is on page 5... I apologize for not reading through before posting this...

My suggestion...

Dictate play instead of being reactionary.

Stop playing not to make mistakes and play to win.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
HometownBoy said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32, what RB's do you like coming out? And, no to 1st rounder, that is way excessive for Ingram, IMO. 4th round pick, tops.

X, do you have a plan?

Currently, my favorite is Lache Seastrunk from Baylor. Jeremy Hill from LSU is also a great talent but a complete mess off the field.

I also have heard great things about Melvin Gordon from Wisconsin.

But the 2015 Draft Class is sadly MUCH stronger than 2014 at HB. 2015 is pretty damn stacked.

Am I the only one who feels like perhaps we should wait for next year to address the RB issue? I feel like the draft is stronger in positions of more pressing needs, like O-linemen and OLBs, I feel like we should address those issues first and by the time we do the strength at HB will be already tapped.

I think our HB we have now will look a bit better with good O-linemen who aren't injured and can win battles in the trenches and if they're still average then we're in a better place to replace them.
Yes, they will look better with any semblance of an OL, but, and I know it's too early, if Pead is on his way out, he was supposed to be a huge part of the solution. We haven't seen jack from Stacy, nor does he doesn't strike me as an every down back.

Draft wise, and offseason for me, I am doing whatever I can to fix the OL. Priority #1.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I don't see Wells as an asset in the run game at all. I'm also very disappointed in Chris Williams' play. The minute the Rams picked up Max Starks, I had visions of him blasting holes at LG in the run game. That may or may not be realistic. Only the coaches will know if they have him practice there and feel comfortable with him in the game at that position? Would Barnes be an upgrade over Wells? Again I don't see these guys practice but I do know wells is not helping much of anything at this point other than maybe line calls.

Give Pead the damn ball for a game or two. Let's see this kid's skills. More Harkey please but don't make it predicable that you are only going to run when he's in the game blocking. I agree Cook is vital for the passing game, so he needs to play a bit of flanker when Harkey is in there.

Let's see Darian Stewart on the field now that McDonald is hurt. Something tells me we see a lot more of Giordano unfortunately. Again, the coaches see them in practice and have the trained eye, so who the fuck am I? I do want to see some changes though. They need to figure out what in the hell is wrong with Finnegan before he starts again. Do you move him to FS? Has he been playing hurt all season and left off the injury report? No way this guy got this bad, this quickly. I understand the need to play zone but what is going on with that much cushion? The sacks aren't there because the opposing QB is getting rid of the ball quicker. And we're getting gashed in the run game. Too many questions and blown assignments. This staff will get it figured out though. I have faith.

Cleaning up the run game will definitely help the passing game. There's no respect right now for the offense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I have time tomorrow, I'll post some examples of offensive and defensive plays that I think we could utilize to help improve this team...both things that the Rams have done on occasion and things they could steal from other teams as my original post was just kind of hitting on the scheme portion and offering no real specifics.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Hit the blocking sled and the tackling dummies hard
The miners kicked our as physically work them like dogs until you have fights in practice, we aren't tough enough