Realignment thread: Rams to the AFC West?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know - I know - stadium stuff shouldn't get it's own thread but this is big Rams news.

If the Chargers and Raiders go to LA as they plan to - the Raiders would likely move to the NFC - meaning one of the NFC west teams would move to the AFC - could be us.

Can you imagine a division of Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs, and Rams?

This LA race is really quite interesting - I just wish it wasn't such a sore subject for Rams fans who pull hard in both directions. Wherever they play - they are still the Rams.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I know - I know - stadium stuff shouldn't get it's own thread but this is big Rams news.

If the Chargers and Raiders go to LA as they plan to - the Raiders would likely move to the NFC - meaning one of the NFC west teams would move to the AFC - could be us.

This LA race is really quite interesting - I just wish it wasn't such a sore subject for Rams fans who pull hard in both directions. Wherever they play - they are still the Rams.
So is this division move based on us staying in St.Louis? If so, I think it is quite a nice fit. We could have a very natural rivalry with the Chiefs that could be fun.

Edit: Scratch the question, just realized its stupidity.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Pretty sure this could have been posted in the thread dedicated to the stadium talk. Not trying to be a dick, but just saying.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sure this could have been posted in the thread dedicated to the stadium talk. Not trying to be a dick, but just saying.

Sure it could have - but do we really need to bury the biggest topic of conversation in a 65 page sticky? This is huge news - and I say that as a guy who doesn't really care where the Rams end up playing 3 years from now.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok - I thought potentially changing conferences merited it's own thread - but if the topic just hits too close to home - move it, delete it, whatever needs to be done.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Sorry 12, but :wtf:

Chargers have been fucking around for 10 years, (with the Raiders not far behind), Kroenke's probably building a stadium in LA, where the Rams were, but now Bolts and Raiders are moving to LA, and the the Rams are switching Conferences?
Where in holy hell did THAT come from?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nobody would read it in the relocation thread. Just change the title to 'Realignment', because this could happen move or no move.

The question is why the NFaiL didn't make this change during last realignment. Regional foes make more sense. Having St. Louis as a West team is as bad as having the Cowboys in the East. But the couldn't move some of the traditional rivalries, or so they say. Well they moved Arizona. They lost their traditional rivals and it went without a glitch or fans leaving.

I like our traditional rivalries but in the end I don't care either way. However if the NFaiL does any realignment then they should just fix it all. Like how does having San Diego in with KC, Denver, and St. Louis make sense?

Dallas, Arizona, San Diego, Houston
Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, K.C.
St. Louis, Tenessee, Chicago, Indianapolis

You guys get the idea.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Chargers have been freaking around for 10 years, (with the Raiders not far behind), Kroenke's probably building a stadium in LA, where the Rams were, but now Bolts and Raiders are moving to LA, and the the Rams are switching Conferences?

I saw it on Ramstalk but don't recall he source the guy sited. And yeah, why not ten years ago or last time they realigned?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Am I missing something? If the Chargers and Raiders move to LA the Raiders move to the NFC? Why? They're still staying in the same geographic region. They wouldn't move either team out of the AFC west, the rivalry and history is to big. It'd be like the Rams and 9ers being in different divisions

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Chargers have been freaking around for 10 years, (with the Raiders not far behind), Kroenke's probably building a stadium in LA, where the Rams were, but now Bolts and Raiders are moving to LA, and the the Rams are switching Conferences?

It's being reported by a lot of media members that either the Chargers or Raiders would be open to changing conferences, with the Raiders being mentioned most often. I think stating a swap with the Rams is speculation, but it does probably make the most sense.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The Seahawks used to be in the AFC West, so maybe they'd move back before the Rams moved over.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Yep

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

FRO

Legend
If the Raiders and Chargers build a stadium, and from the league's perspective they will probably prefer their proposal over the Kroenke one because two teams are involved, then it only makes sense to move the Rams to the AFC West. If the dual stadium is built a division of the Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, and Rams would make a ton of sense. The Rams/Chief rivalry games would be sweet.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think a total realignment is needed. Get teams closer together. Saves money, easier on the players, better for traveling fans.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I don't like the sound of the Rams being an AFC team or being in a different division then the whiners (although a rivalry against Kansas City would be pretty awesome).

FRO

Legend
I don't like the sound of the Rams being an AFC team or being in a different division then the whiners (although a rivalry against Kansas City would be pretty awesome).
Get us out of the NFC west please. I'll take my chances against KC, the Raiders, and soon to be Peyton Manningless Broncos.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I wonder why the Rams seem to be the only midwest team able to play in a 2 time zone difference as opposed to their division competition