1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by RamsFan4Life, Jun 23, 2010.

1. ScotsRam Well-Known Member

This is bloody marvellous. The more the merrier. Come on in fellas, the water's fine

2. Av8R New Member

Hey everyone, another fellow Rams Talk Exodus member. My name is Charlie (Av8R) and have been born and raised here in St. Louis. I fell in love with the Rams when I was a kid a couple of years before they moved to St. Louis. I must admit it was the horns on the helmet that turned me before I knew any players name. Looking forward to talking with everyone and enjoying some Rams football!

3. -X- I'm the dude, man.

WHUUUSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHP!

[​IMG]

4. Av8R New Member

I actually miss those Bud commercials... always thought they were funny! Well played X!

5. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Yeah, good times. Good to see you over here, man. Let me know if you need anything. (y)

6. flv 

Just my opinion but people who join here should be judged purely by what they do here. Banning someone because of what they posted at Stalk or anywhere else is wrong unless you want to try policing the whole internet.

I've known Jacobarch for a couple of years going back to the ESPN days. I'm not particularly a fan or friend of his and I don't agree with some of what he posts but he's not a troll and he's not a complete idiot. I know he had been pushing for another forum: http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/st-louis-rams/ but that forum was absolutely no threat to ROD. If he posted something here that was out of line then I apologize for not having seen it before making this post.

ozarkram and Prime Time like this.
  7. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

If you talk crap about this forum, or post false information regarding this forum elsewhere, expect there to be repercussions.

8. ozarkram Ancient Astronaut Theorist

I don't want too step on any toes either. And I saw what he posted. I too know he is a solid Ram fan. Also don't always agree with him. In this case I believe he was ignorant both of the facts and who he was talking too. Also agree you shouldn't talk crap. Just my two cents and probably not worth that much.

9. -X- I'm the dude, man.

With inflation, that's worth at least a nickel. ;)

PolarBear and ozarkram like this.
  10. Prime Time RODerator

It's not complicated: defend the team and defend ROD. If there are criticisms then keep them in-house.

Dieter the Brock and -X- like this.
  11. flv 

I knew who had made the decision and why that decision had been made. If it was purely about that I would have PMed @PhxRam. Jacobarch has influence at another site that has some Rams fans who would be good additions here. Banning him for a mistake he made at Stalk might well result in him posting negative comments about his experience at ROD which could dissuade good posters from taking a look at ROD. A big part of my post was to demonstrate to those potential new members that you can disagree with people at ROD, including the boss, and occasionally post a link they might not care for without a perma-ban or heavy handed response. My previous post would have been a banning offence at their site. My previous post achieved what I wanted it to and I left it at that.

I'm not unsympathetic to the difficulties of being a forum moderator. I helped set up a private forum for the better posters in the GD and OT forums at NFL.com when we knew NFL.com was in trouble. 1 thing we asked members not to do was to post the site address as it was an invitation only forum. 1 member decided that guideline didn't apply to her and it caused us some problems. We could have banned her but we knew others could do the same thing with unidentified accounts. We would have likely ended up making bad decisions based on hearsay or limited information.

The point was we could take her out fishing on the lake whenever we wanted. We didn't have to make that decision straight away.

12. Prime Time RODerator

"Banning him for a mistake he made at Stalk might well result in him posting negative comments about his experience at ROD which could dissuade good posters from taking a look at ROD"

Then we wouldn't want someone like that here anyway. But thanks for sticking up for your friend and making the effort to explain things for us.

13. LACHAMP46 Well-Known Member

what happened?!? what I miss?!?

NJRamsFan likes this.
  14. -X- I'm the dude, man.

You're about to get banned, but there's at least a discussion about it.

PolarBear, flv, NJRamsFan and 2 others like this.
  15. LACHAMP46 Well-Known Member

Too funny!:LOL::love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(n):sneaky::whistle::whistle:;);):p:p:cool::D:D:Do_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

16. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

Nice post but yet again you don't know the whole story.

17. flv 

Fair enough. As I said earlier, he isn't a friend as such. We hadn't spoken for about a year and he wasn't exactly on his best form with either of us at Stalk.

18. CodeMonkey Likes You

I would just like to reiterate that I think this board kicks ass!!!

The positive ram energy on this board is absolulely invigorating. Things always have a way of working out for the better. Maybe it's a good thing that that other site sucked so bad...ultimately

Thanks for doing this!

CGI_Ram and Prime Time like this.
  19. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

I am glad you like it here.

20. RamWoodie Well-Known Member

RamWoodie onboard! Great to be here! Let's talk RAMS FOOTBALL!!! :D

CGI_Ram and Prime Time like this.