RBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I know this is going to be a sensitive subject with some, but please hear me out.

SJ yesterday averaged 2 yards a carry. When Richardson came in, it was more (the number escapes me). My point is that we all know SJ is a beast, but we all know that he is not a homerun threat not like Pead or Richardson COULD be. Why did we not run the rookies more? Are they are not good yet in pass protection?

Let me know what you guys think

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You nailed it. Pass pro liabilities right now. They should absolutely get more time as they improve in that area. And Richardson is just violent running the ball. Wanna see more of him.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Trent Richardson got a 2 yard average yesterday as well,so OUR rookie Richardson had a MUCH better avg.

I get the feeling we were not as desirous of the "home run" from our RB'sas we were wanting to shorten the game ,and we did , we finished early and saw half the 4th quarter of other games.

I think SJ is trusted and Fisher wanted to get us THROUGH that game,settle his team . he said as much before the game.
We had SO many rookies start their first NFL game yesterday ,it had the potential to be an embarrasment ,was one of the widest spreads / perceived mismatches in the league.

SJ's a between the tackles guy and we know the Detroit defense is stout on their d-line, so we went into their strength and they won, it won't be that way every week, check the schedule isother than SF is there another team that tough up front?

I'm pretty confident in the approach from yesterday, keep it close , we have a budding elite kicker , JMO but those kids grew yesterday and he (Fisher) didn't let them screw up ,our rookie backs will get more carries as the year goes on, we are building .

BTW RGIII had a good game plan yesterday by one ofthe best game planners (Shanahan) but he's only got a week to plan for us.Second week is where staffs have to show what they can do in a week, most teams didn't plan their 4th pre season game so they had two weeks for the opener, we did plan our 4th,and we did pretty well ,I think we are fine, woulda liked a win but JMO are in very good hands, no problem with the limited rookie carries.
Sorry for rambling.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Richardson's two runs were on 3rd and long. The defense was playing the pass in both situations.

SJ ran violently yesterday. His stats dont come close to indicating how good he looked. He just had nowhere to run.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ehhh. Lions played the run a lot better than I thought they would. There needs to be more run plays when it's goal to go...