RB Zac Stacy truly is his 'brother's keeper'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm glad someone put this on here. I couldn't find it on youtube last night. Caught it last night on Fox Sports 1. Was a good watch!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
What a great piece! Brought a tear to my eyes. I've liked Stacy as a football player since the moment he was drafted but I now love him as a man!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
More awesomeness on the subject:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/vanderbilt-running-back-stays-motivated

"When he was a toddler, it was hard for me to deal with the fact he had Down syndrome," Stacy said. "I didn't know what it was, I didn't know why he was acting that way.

"I remember the day my Mom sat me down and talked to me about his condition, and how she needed me to step up and help out from the man-of-the-house standpoint."

There were many days while Stacy's mother Barbara worked late that Stacy made sure his younger brother was fed.

"I remember working out on weekends, and just taking him with me," Stacy said. "He would be my spotter on the bench (press.)"

Justin had such a profound effect on his older brother that when Zach signed with Vanderbilt, he discovered the school has one of the best special education programs in the country.

"When I found that out, I immediately pursued special education as my major," Stacy said. "I've learned a lot so far. I'm always calling my Mom to let her know what Justin needs.

"I've been around him so long now that I forget he has Down syndrome. He acts like a normal kid, outside playing and running around, tagging along with his big brother. He comes to most of the games. Seeing him after the game, win or lose, with his big smile is heartwarming."

So any time Stacy has a weak moment and feels sorry for himself when things aren't going exactly right, the moment quickly passes.

"Justin has taught me you can't take life for granted, and that goes into my football," Stacy said. "(Vanderbilt) Coach (James) Franklin always emphasizes to play every down like it was your last. Because of Justin, that's the mentality I've taken ever since I started playing this game."

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Good man! My opinion of Stacy was good already but it's just gone up hundred fold. I know from personal experience how tough it can be looking after a loved one with special needs. Anyone who does this is a hero in my eyes

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
upload_2014-10-7_12-55-13.png

Athos

Legend
Zac is true class with a real heart. Loved his stuff at Vanderbilt. A leader and workhorse for a team whose only weapons were him and J. Matthews.

I wish there were more guys like him in the NFL. You just can't dislike him. I hope he can stay healthier though, because he's a heck of a back when he's not dinged up, and even when he is a bit dinged.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good stuff.

I've seen lots of pics on Instagram that Zac has posted of his little brother. Always warms the heart.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nice piece there Ramz. Thanks for posting it. You hear too much about the knuckleheads in the sport. Good to see something like this.