RB Frank Gore and Seahawks CB Byron Maxwell to the Eagles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/frank-gore-most-likely-will-be-an-eagle/

Frank Gore most likely will be an Eagle
Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2015

gore.jpg
Getty Images

The Frank Gore era in San Francisco is about to come to an end. And there definitely was one.

Ten seasons, 11,073 rushing yards. Another 2,883 yards receiving.

A league source tells PFT that, barring something unforeseen, Gore will sign with the Eagles. The contract is expected to pay $7.5 million guaranteed over the first two years.

Adam Caplan and Adam Schefter of ESPN recently reported that Gore is telling people he’ll sign with the Eagles this week.

Gore will give Eagles coach Chip Kelly the north-south, hole-hitting runner the Philly offense needs. And it will require the 49ers to find a replacement.

Again, it’s not a done deal. And “something unforeseen” could happen, such as another team swooping in with a much better deal.

Don’t count on that team being the 49ers. Another source tells PFT that the 49ers never intended to bring Gore back for an 11th season, but that they didn’t want an ugly ending with one of their cornerstone players of the last decade.

The Colts also are reportedly interested in Gore.

Regardless of whether Gore signs with the Eagles or someone else, “something unforeseen” has indeed happened; the running back market has been revived from its recent flatline status.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/byron-maxwell-im-going-to-philly/

Byron Maxwell: I’m going to Philly
Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptk5ntg0ngy3yjk3ndiyztq1nmq2mzg0yjizyme1ngfk.jpeg
Getty Images

For a team operating during a period when the NFL says that they aren’t supposed to be doing more than expressing interest and exchanging information with representatives of impending free agents, the Eagles seem to be landing quite a few commitments.

Running back Frank Gore has been telling people that he’s heading to Philadelphia and now cornerback Byron Maxwell has sent the same message to Josina Anderson of ESPN.

“I’m going to Philly” Maxwell told Anderson during a phone conversation.

There have been reports that Maxwell will be signing a five-year deal with $25 million in guaranteed money as he leaves the Seahawks for the Eagles, which would mean Philly paid a big price to fill a big need on their defense.

With Brandon Flowers and Kareem Jackson avoiding the market and Maxwell apparently off of it before it even opens, guys like Chris Culliver, Buster Skrine Antonio Cromartieand Tramon Williams move to the top of the list of available players at the position.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
And that's why letting Shady go wasn't as bad as some might think.
If they trade up for MM in the draft they will be a very dangerous team.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Frank Gore has been an awesome player for a long time. He has hit that 30 mark though, and he has a lot of miles on his tires. I have a feeling that he is going to do the Shawn Alexander leap off of the cliff sooner rather than later.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
And then there was one...

Legion of Boom takes seat in history.

Glad to see the NFCW getting raided a bit.

Athos

Legend
Gore gone means the Whiners drop another level into mediocrity.

KraperDink will look shittier.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I hate to say it, but Gore is a hell of a back and fierce competitor. I've always respected him and Justin Smith.

Does he have 2 good years left? Time will tell, but I'm with @Dr C. Hill on this - the Niners will probably be proven wise cutting ties

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Sadly, this is addition by subtraction for the Whiners as Gore is the most overrated RB of the past decade. He will crash & burn in Philly, no way he survives that tempo without injury. Meanwhile the Whiners will get a fat compensatory pick for losing a guy past his prime and move on with the fresh legs of Carlos Hyde, who is nothing special but will easily replace Gore.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
From what I've read the 49ers were not going to bring him back even if he wanted to stay there. So what are they complaining about him leaving for and saying he was chasing money?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Considering Gore hasn't shown many if any signs of slowing down, I think he is a good pickup for any team signing him. Here is to hoping it isn't the 49ers or any NFC west team for that matter!

SierraRam

Recreational User
this is addition by subtraction for the Whiners as Gore is the most overrated RB of the past decade.

Whoa Nelly! Based on what? Where I live, I'm exposed to 49er propaganda at work and on local sports talk radio. Guess what? Frank Gore is the heart and soul of that team. He's a hard-nosed throwback who has the respect of his teammates and opponents.

I agree that the 49ers are making a correct but difficult decision by letting their all-time rusher go; however, and no disrespect @Fatbot, I strongly disagree with the "overrated" tag... He might be on the decline, but he's always been a great RB.

Pro Bowl (2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013)

Ranked #46 in The Top 100 Players of 2014
Ranked #32 in The Top 100 Players of 2013
Ranked #28 in The Top 100 Players of 2012
Ranked #94 in The Top 100 Players of 2011

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He's on the decline but signing Gore is a good move for a team that wants to go "all in."

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
the "overrated" tag...

Note you didn't list all the years Gore led the NFL in things like "yards" or "TDs"... He usually ranks outside the top 10 in such things.

Sorry but while Gore's a solid, dependable back he's nothing close to the air of elite greatness people attach to him. I think you're missing the meaning of "overrated" -- what I'm saying is his reputation exceeds his reality. Pro Bowls and "Top 100 Players" are popularity contests that reflect reputation and opinion, not facts, which kind of prove my point with Gore.