RB Daryl Richardson Is Hungry & Ready To Run (101 ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

Last spring, St. Louis Rams running back Daryl Richardson was one slot away from garnering Mr. Irrelevant status after being selected with the next-to-last pick of the 2012 NFL Draft.

By last fall – surprisingly to most – Richardson had ended up one spot away from an opposite parallel: one back removed from being the most relevant runner in all of St. Louis.

With the departure of franchise all-time rusher leader Steven Jackson, the path to the role of Mr. Relevant for the Rams’ running game has been fully cleared.

As Richardson expressed following a recent practice at Rams Park, he realizes that he is sitting – or better yet running – in a good location.

“Right now, I’m in a good position,” Richardson said. “I have a chance of having a bigger role on the team. I’m feeling good and trying to get better every day and compete.”

According to head coach Jeff Fisher, the bigger role that Richardson spoke of above will likely be the prime-time spot in the St. Louis backfield – the starting role left vacated by the exit of Jackson.

“I think Daryl comes back as our starter,” Fisher said. “He played significantly more last year than anybody.”

In last year’s action, Richardson impressed. Of the 43 backs with the league’s most rushes, Richardson finished ninth with a 4.8 yards-per-carry average. He wasn’t too shabby in the passing game, either, reeling in 24 receptions.

A season ago, the Rams often featured Richardson on runs of the exterior variety, namely on tosses and sweeps to the right and left. Richardson had several big gains on scampers of the aforementioned ilk. With that realized, it might be surprising to hear the second-year back express a preference for interior carries.

(Full piece below. Hope you guys enjoy it very much):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/08/13/rams-richardson-is-hungry-and-ready-to-run/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/08/13/ram ... dy-to-run/</a>

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Your hard work is showing Shane. Excellent as usual.

The rest of this post is dedicated to Daryl Richardson....

Don't care what the world seh (Natty Dread)
I"n"I couldn't never go astay (Natty Dread)
Just like a bright and sunny day (Natty Dread)
Oh,,, we're gonna have things Daryl's way (Natty Dread)

NATTY DREAD. NATTY DREADLOCK

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGHKdpUlnwE[/youtube]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Shane thee has been a lot of chatter about Pead.....what are your thoughts and what are you hearing from sources?

Is the web blowing things out of proportion or is there concern about him? Is he considered a guy who is going to contribute or is he on the bubble?

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:
Shane thee has been a lot of chatter about Pead.....what are your thoughts and what are you hearing from sources?

Is the web blowing things out of proportion or is there concern about him? Is he considered a guy who is going to contribute or is he on the bubble?

I kind of feel like he is too hard on himself and trying too hard at times. I think that is why we see him overthink what he's doing on both running plays and kick returns. He needs to get a good cornerback's mindset of leaving the last play behind him.

I spoke with him last week and will have a new feature on him in the coming days. If he can settle down, he will be fine. I think he will have this year to show what he's got. If he's still having these struggles this time a year from now, he could legitimately be a bubble guy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Re: RB Daryl Richardson Is Hungry & Ready To Run (101 ESPN)

ShaneG said:
I kind of feel like he is too hard on himself and trying too hard at times. I think that is why we see him overthink what he's doing on both running plays and kick returns. He needs to get a good cornerback's mindset of leaving the last play behind him.

I spoke with him last week and will have a new feature on him in the coming days. If he can settle down, he will be fine. I think he will have this year to show what he's got. If he's still having these struggles this time a year from now, he could legitimately be a bubble guy.

When I read this it screams PATIENCE.

He wouldn't be this way if he didn't care. So to me... this shows he wants to succeed. When he finally matures, he will start playing without thinking and kicking ass.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Hey Shane!

Very positive about the Rams. I like it. Reasonable too. We can see your just as pumped about this season as the rest of us. :zomg: :lol:

ShaneG

Starter
Selassie I said:

Thank you, Selassie I. I really appreciate it.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Selassie I said:

I was just about to post a thread about how skank ass nasty his hair looks. It looks like a long haired dogs matted hair full of its own shit. I really wish we could get a clean cut fella in there

nighttrain

Legend
ShaneG said:
LesBaker said:

Pead or Richardson, i just want one of them to excel.
train

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's a personal preference.

Me personally... I love the look of Natty Dreads. That should be very obvious though.

Lots of meaning in dreads like that.

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
I like the dreads , I just wish they weren't becoming so common in the NFL.

Also, great article Shane.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Maybe it's just the culture of where I'm from...Just being from a small country town...But i think it looks dirty as hell. I hate all dreads and cornrows....just pisses me off instantly to see it. Luckily i like his play so i can look past it...but it makes me cheer for Pead just a little bit lol

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I like the look of dreads but who cares? I've been a hippie since 1969 and if there is one thing I hate, it's people dictating hair styles.

ShaneG

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
ShaneG said:

When I read this it screams PATIENCE.

He wouldn't be this way if he didn't care. So to me... this shows he wants to succeed. When he finally matures, he will start playing without thinking and kicking ass.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

He absolutely cares ... no doubt about that. I think he just needs to relax and play.