RB as a draft need?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like a lot of the Pac 12 RB's coming out(Grice,Carey,Sankey), as well as Seastrunk and Sims, Hyde. I think this is a nice RB class actually, despite the position losing value at the top of the draft. Jeremy Hill is a real boom or bust guy IMO.
If we have extra picks id love to grab Hill if he falls to the 3rd. Wouldnt mind hyde either but he will ho in the 2nd probably. Grice in the 6th or Sims in the 4th is good too. Lots of good options.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's been a quiet offseason for Pead. What's the chances he's the guy opposite Stacy?

I wouldn't close the door on that possibility.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's been a quiet offseason for Pead. What's the chances he's the guy opposite Stacy?

I wouldn't either, but that door is only slightly ajar right now.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
poor dude, I think Schotty thought he was Steven Jackson with those dreads

With the way Schotty constantly runs him up the middle, he must think that. A speed guy like DRich is not going to find success having to run over defensive tackles on his way to a middle linebacker.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
With the way Schotty constantly runs him up the middle, he must think that. A speed guy like DRich is not going to find success having to run over defensive tackles on his way to a middle linebacker.
Exactly why I dont have much confidence in Schotty. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise this :fighting:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
There's a lot to be said about adding a speed back,and it would be a good idea.
But in the NFC West the Rams need a hammer to wear down those physical defenses. S Jax style in his prime. A big power back to deliver the punishment and pain, not take it. Wear down the D and the field will open up in the second half for the passing game. I'm not saying a back like Hyde would be a better back than Zac, but against some teams he might be the weapon of choice.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

I'm closing the door...but I haven't locked it. He's essentially turned into a highly drafted special teamer. I'd hope the Rams aren't waiting around for him. I'd hope that if he somehow turns it on that it's a bonus.

iced

except like i said,drich was off the injury report. there was never any mention either of shutting him down for the season. he lost the job - and pead has already proven to the best 3rd down back on this team (best hands, best at pass pro) - he just needs to get out of his own way and grow up a bit, which i think he did towards the end of the season... fisher takes a chance on talent that needs to be matured/molded, which is exactly why i think he's still here.

watch a lot of the off season interviews and articles that pertain to fisher as far as discipline goes - sadly, pead was a big part of the earlier stuff...but he apparently got his head around toward the end of the season.

iced

negative - they had some pre-designed packages for him, including a 2 pt conversion that he scored on (think about that - a 2pt is one shot only play, clearly there's some confidence in him)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Concerning Pead, I really believe he has some mental issues that is taking away from his performance. All he has shown me is that the team cannot consistently rely on his play in the running game or the return game. He might have potential in designed passing plays where he is motioned out wide but where is his real value on this roster?

iced

I say pre-designed because I've seen them run the same play before. Send Austin in motion, snap, fake to austin, dump to Pead. They used him in it because he has the best hands for a back (chip kelly also used this play like us with desean/mccoy)

edit - found it.

I'm not gonna guess if Cunningham was tired or not - but for what its worth, on the play right before they scored, there was a time out...and cunningham doesn't exactly look tired after he scores lol, imo.

Just rewatched it - they also had to review the touchdown for Cunningham to make sure his knee wasn't down, so yea it definitely wasn't an issue of being tired lol

Last edited: