Ray McDonald (49ers) domestic violence

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

she was possibly sexually assaulted? she thinks it may have been touch and go. she's not quite sure. maybe, maybe not. wishy washy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I truly doubt we'd see that happening. After all, the girl would likely get in a TON of trouble for it once the accusation was known to be false.

I did see a proposal on si.com once talking about how the NFL should select an independent committee that would evaluate charges made against NFL players and order them benched if they determine the charges have merit to them.

There has to be a better system than just letting a dude who possibly did something like this play until the courts go through their whole years-long process. And you'll note, all the other teams who had someone suspected on this went ahead and benched their guys. McDonald shouldn't have been playing.

Three words for ya.

Duke. Lacrosse. Team.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Three words for ya.

Duke. Lacrosse. Team.
And I believe in such a case, such an independent committee would have determined there wasn't sufficient merit to the charges to merit a benching. But even if they were, being benched (or in this case forfeiting games) and being in jail are two different things.

The problem is that for every Duke Lacrosse team, there's tons of cases where the guy is guilty and obviously so and shouldn't have been continuing to play.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And I believe in such a case, such an independent committee would have determined there wasn't sufficient merit to the charges to merit a benching. But even if they were, being benched (or in this case forfeiting games) and being in jail are two different things.

The problem is that for every Duke Lacrosse team, there's tons of cases where the guy is guilty and obviously so and shouldn't have been continuing to play.

It's too rife for abuse, a player could be targeted to easily.

Organized crime would have a field day with this.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It's too rife for abuse, a player could be targeted to easily.

Organized crime would have a field day with this.
If that was starting to happen, it could be addressed.

I don't think it would, but arguing hypotheticals, you basically end up having to agree to disagree.

Irish

Starter
Funny, they choose not to release him until their season, and maybe the entire Harbaugh regime, is over.

And by funny, I mean terrible and lacking any measurable good taste or decency.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Funny, they choose not to release him until their season, and maybe the entire Harbaugh regime, is over.

And by funny, I mean terrible and lacking any measurable good taste or decency.
The only classy thing the 49ers have ever done is when they traded Bruce back to us for a conditional pick they knew they'd never actually get so he could retire a Ram without being cut.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

she was possibly sexually assaulted? she thinks it may have been touch and go. she's not quite sure. maybe, maybe not. wishy washy.

Roofie.

I'd bet money on it because all of the victims of the date rape drug have foggy memories the next day and often don't remember anything. Sometimes important things like, oh I dunno..........consent to have sex get lost in the haze. That's why many say "I think I got assaulted but I don't know what actually happened".

It's a really sad situation and hopefully the search of his home will close things out one way or the other. I just read that police showed up at his door with a search warrant.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He's a whiner therefore - GUILTY. I need nothing else. Even if he didn't do it - which of course he did (see first sentence) - he needs to be cut then flogged, then tarred and feathered in the town square and then traded to the Raiduhs.
Oh... and freak Harbaugh and his Muppet QB.

Ya know, I'm getting just plain fucking tired of guys pussyfooting around and sugar-coating their replies...I want to know what you REALLY think...

Boffo97

Name
Dave
No one's saying that, only that there has to be a better alternative to letting guys play through a months or even years long legal process even when there's a lot of evidence that they're guilty. It gives the teams that lack class competitive advantage.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
:fighting:
With release, Whiners add $4.8 million in dead money to next year's already tight cap.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It happens. Usually it happens because the organization already knows it is true. It may not be enough for a conviction but that happens a lot in DV cases too.