Ray McDonald (49ers) domestic violence

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pregnant AND choking? Wow...

fark_SEqFPdRYEAuxBgbgNv27CLQ5W7U.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If this is true, and we don't know yet, he is dead in the water. I figured the first guy to break this rule would feel the full weight of Goodells vengeance because of the Rice backlash........now reading that he choked a pregnant woman all I can think is he's done.

A55VA6

Legend
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up released at some point. Harbaugh made it clear that hitting a woman doesn't fly with him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hitting and choking a pregnant woman? If it's true, I hope he gets the book thrown at him. You just don't treat ladies that way. But either way, my thoughts go out to her and her child. I hope that both of them are going to be alright.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hitting and choking a pregnant woman? If it's true, I hope he gets the book thrown at him. You just don't treat ladies that way. But either way, my thoughts go out to her and her child. I hope that both of them are going to be alright.

If it's true Goodell is going to throw an entire library at him.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I've said it once and I'll say it again. He should not be punished by his employer. Let the law take care of it. Let alone the fact that someone is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty before punishment is dealt. I am NOT condoning him. How would you like to lose your job because someone accused you of a crime only later to find out it was fabricated and a lie.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, in the NFL's case, they have a rather massive and substantial "Code of Conduct" set of precedents that essentially is a separate legal system based on not much more than "Protecting the Shield".

Now, one can argue if that's right or wrong (I think that's what you're arguing if I read you correctly), but the players can't argue that they aren't fully aware of this entering the league.

Part of the reason why the league does this is because a) players can manipulate the legal system. Ask Floyd Mayweather how easy it is to simply pay women he's battered to take money to not press charges. The NFL can't and won't tolerate that or other abuses of the legal system that tarnish its business. And b) the legal system can take a long time and if a player extends the process out just enough, his effective punishment is drastically reduced if he has to do 3 week stint in prison in March versus December. Justice delayed is justice denied. Not that the NFL really cares about JUSTICE, but you get what I mean...as it pertains to their business.

Lastly, has the NFL ever suspended anyone and later found out it was all a lie? I hear the concerns and that would be terrible to compound the trauma of a false accusation (which never really goes away) with losing some of the very few opportunities to play in the NFL via suspension. Has it ever actually happened or is this a concern that it shouldn't happen?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Close
BwYJnNfCQAA84Su.jpg:large

I call BS. We'll see what Harbaugh does .,. .. kick him off the team? That's what what "done in his books" implies

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Oh, I thought you were Torry Holting me for a second and thought Ray Ray was the guy who got popped for domestic violence.

This is a 6 game suspension now, by the way.
nope harbuagh promised a player is done if he does it

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It's a possibility... if the 9ers think the suspension is going to be in excess of 8 games, they may release him to free up the cap space (per Spotrac, I think they get about $1M back), but more importantly it'll make managing the roster easier AND put them in alignment with the league office.

Funny how calls don't go your way when you fight with the Commish or don't tow the line. Ask James Harrison even on his clean hits...

fearsomefour

Legend
I call BS. We'll see what Harbaugh does .,. .. kick him off the team? That's what what "done in his books" implies
Exactly. If his replacement plays well enough then he will be done in his book. If on the other hand his replacement gets pushed around out there I would expect a kinder gentler Coach.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Pretty sure how that meeting with Goodell and McDonald is going to go...

Hey Ray!
Roger-Goodell.jpg

Yes, Commissioner Goodell?
100412-McDonald-Header.jpg

I've reviewed your case and I'd like to go over the findings with you and what your punishment will be...
tsar-bomba1.jpg

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Guys calm down.... How about if McDonald found out Russel Wilson was the baby's daddy? Wouldn't you be upset to if the rival QB was the father of a kid that you thought was yours inside of your girlfriend?

Alan

Legend
Amitar not thinking this through:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. He should not be punished by his employer. Let the law take care of it. Let alone the fact that someone is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty before punishment is dealt. I am NOT condoning him. How would you like to lose your job because someone accused you of a crime only later to find out it was fabricated and a lie.
Employers have many rules that aren't even against the law. Are you saying they can't fire an employee for knowingly breaking one of them? When you take a job with a company you agree to abide by their rules. Your statement makes no sense to me and the addition of your bolded sentence doesn't improve your position IMO. Talk to the LB who was convicted of rape who later tried to make the NFL when his accuser recanted her story. That kind of stuff happens but it doesn't make our system any less great. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, "democracy isn't perfect but it's the best political system available." The same thing can be said about our legal system and work place practices.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What 49ers fans are saying.........this thread was started on Dec. 22, 2011. The first three pages are all lovey-dovey and then by page 4, after news of his domestic violence charge, things get ugly.
-------------------------------------------
The Ray McDonald thread
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/161531-the-ray-mcdonald-thread/

According to Santa Clara Dept. of Correction records, #49ers defensive end Ray McDonald was booked this morning.
-----------------
I was just about post how RayMac is my favorite "non-mainstream" Niner. What a bust!

On a side note, this is the one short fall I see with Harbaugh's team. There seams to be a lack of moral guidance for these young men.
----------------
ARE U KIDDING ME??? We are digging our own grave before the season even starts. I am sorry but if this is Not a indication that this season is doomed i dont know what is i dont recall the last time a team had so much drama in its offseason & ended up winning the Super Bowl the same year. We are screwed people.
sad.gif
flingcomp.gif

----------------
What's Michael Sam up to right now
----------------
WTF...is it possible for these idiots to stay outta trouble these days?!?!? Enough is enough! What the hell happened to this team?!?!?!?
-------------
Cut his sorry ass!
------------
Damn, the defense is in self-destruct mode.
------------
Wow just Wow. The f**k is happening to this organization right know.
------------
49ers DE Ray McDonald was arrested on felony domestic violence charges at 5:30am Sunday morning.

Sources tell NBC Bay Area news reporter Damian Trujillo that McDonald's alleged victim was pregnant.He was officially booked for "inflicting injury on a spouse or cohabitant." Furthermore, the San Jose police are reportedly saying that there were other 49ers players present at the time of the incident. Note that Roger Goodell just finished apologizing to owners about how he handled the Ray Rice situation, and promised to enforce a more stringent set of rules for domestic violence that includes a six-game ban for first offenders. McDonald, who also got a DUI in 2010, has started 45 games over the last three seasons for the Niners.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
if players can be suspended based solely on an accusation I have a real problem with that and frankly the idea that they can be is so fucking stupid I don't even know what to say