Ray Lewis: We only know who Tom Brady is because of the tuck rule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
This is an image I'll never, ever get tired of seeing...

upload_2015-1-16_9-24-44.jpeg

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No tuck rule= Drew Bledsoe gets his job back.

Brady has proven to be a better QB than Bledsoe and almost every other QB since that time...but no doubt that if Brady fumbled away that game they'd have turned back to Bledsoe.

So in a sense, Lewis is on to something.

...and sadly, the tuck rule DID happen. So that is the way it went.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ray Lewis can be entertaining to listen to sometimes, but, I think he is insane. Certifiable.
My worst nightmare includes a long train trip with those seats facing one another....sharing a four seater with Ray Lewis, Dog the Bounty Hunter and a certain ex.

Athos

Legend
You could argue either way.

But tuck rule + spygate?

The Patsies become a footnote in history imo. Brady may have a great career, but he has one SB to his name if shit doesn't just get burned away.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You could argue either way.

But tuck rule + spygate?

The Patsies become a footnote in history imo. Brady may have a great career, but he has one SB to his name if crap doesn't just get burned away.
Actually, cutting out pre-Spygate, Brady has 2 Super Bowl appearances, but no wins.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LOL

That Stephen A-hole Smith has a real quality program. Every single time I hear that idiot speak I want to tell him to shut the freak up.

On the other hand, I enjoy hearing anyone trashing tom terrific.
Yeah I have to confess I like anything derogatory when it comes to Brady, but I MUST interject that the only reason two families don't know how their loved ones really died is because we've and they've never heard the truth come out of Lewis mouth about what happened that night in Atlanta.

Those families have fairly begged Lewis to tell them the story a POX upon Ray Lewis the godding up of him by the media ignoring that is revolting ,JMO.

Hence I say shutup Ray tell us something relevant or shut your pie hole

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah I have to confess I like anything derogatory when it comes to Brady, but I MUST interject that the only reason two families don't know how their loved ones really died is because we've and they've never heard the truth come out of Lewis mouth about what happened that night in Atlanta.

Those families have fairly begged Lewis to tell them the story a POX upon Ray Lewis the godding up of him by the media ignoring that is revolting ,JMO.

Hence I say shutup Ray tell us something relevant or shut your pie hole

Excellant point Brudda.

They BOTH need to Shut The Fuck Up.

Alan

Legend
tempests knowing some of the back story:
Do you allow ideas in here other than your own?
Yes we do. I also know the back story and that was a good post. You should introduce yourself as Mojo suggested. Most of us don't bite. :LOL:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I hate (for lack of a stronger word) Brady and the Cheatriots...Having said that, I laugh, nay guffaw at the idea that Brady doesn't exist except for that call...Like it or not, I give him his due...There are ifs all over life...If this didn't happen (but it did)...If that had happened (but it didn't)...Etc.................

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I really don't buy it, lots of guys lost their first playoff games and came back stronger than ever. I mean Tom's a damn good QB, I can say without a shred of hesitation that I doubt that if they lost that playoff game they'd have been veered too far off course. Brady is one of the more talented QBs of our generation and those were still very talented teams. Spygate's long been dead and they're still one of the cream of the crop of the NFL. I know it's in vogue to crap on everything that the Patriots do and say, but some have let it grow to an almost delusional level.

I mean, do I hate the fact that it was covered up and they got to walk away with all they did? Yes. Do I hate it so much that I freak out whenever my fellow poster even suggests that maybe the Patriots side of things isn't wrong? No, and that's what I would call the text book definition of an overreaction.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I can say without a shred of hesitation that I doubt that if they lost that playoff game they'd have been veered too far off course.
You know, you're absolutely right. They would have continued to be cheaters, and their DBs would have continued to mug receivers.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I really don't buy it, lots of guys lost their first playoff games and came back stronger than ever. I mean Tom's a damn good QB, I can say without a shred of hesitation that I doubt that if they lost that playoff game they'd have been veered too far off course. Brady is one of the more talented QBs of our generation and those were still very talented teams. Spygate's long been dead and they're still one of the cream of the crop of the NFL. I know it's in vogue to crap on everything that the Patriots do and say, but some have let it grow to an almost delusional level.

I mean, do I hate the fact that it was covered up and they got to walk away with all they did? Yes. Do I hate it so much that I freak out whenever my fellow poster even suggests that maybe the Patriots side of things isn't wrong? No, and that's what I would call the text book definition of an overreaction.
They're still cheating. It hasn't stopped. They just changed their tactics.

People are either the type that either play by the rules or don't. They don't switch from one side to the other. If Brady/Belicheat got caught once, you better believe they're still doing it, but just haven't gotten caught yet.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Without the tuck, Belicheat would have been much more likely to start Bledsoe the next season. Brady's first season was pedestrian. What he has done after that is irrelevant to the question.

However, after that he had defensive signals pumped into his helmet right up to the snap. So, to me there's no comparison to Warner, Rodgers, Montana, and so on. Without all that, and the constant no call penalties, Brady's career probably looks more like Flacco's than Montana's.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Justin Tuck: Giants kept Tom Brady from being the best ever
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 18, 2015, 6:50 AM EST
350x-314.jpg
Getty Images
Tom Brady would be viewed as the greatest quarterback in NFL history if he had played a team other than the Giants in his last two Super Bowl appearances. At least, that’s what one player on those Giants teams thinks.

Tuck said on ESPN Radio that he thinks Brady would be the best of all-time if he had five Super Bowl rings. But thanks to the Giants, he only has three Super Bowl rings.

“If it wasn’t for the Giants, I think Brady would go down, no question, as the greatest quarterback to ever play the game,” Tuck said, via NJ.com. “So I’m glad we were able to steal two from him.”

Judging a quarterback’s career solely by Super Bowl rings is overly simplistic, and it overrates quarterbacks like Terry Bradshaw who played on teams with great defenses while underrating great quarterbacks whose teams were never good enough, like Dan Marino. So to say that Brady’s legacy hinges on those two games may be overstating the significance of those two games within Brady’s entire career.

Still, there’s some truth to what Tuck is saying. No quarterback has ever earned five Super Bowl rings. If not for the Giants, Tom Brady would have.