Ray Horton out as Cards DC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
From PFT:

Apparently Horton is no longer going to be the defensive Cordinator for the Arizona Cardinals. I wish somehow he could become part of the Rams staff. I know he runs a 3-4 defense, but maybe he could coach a 4-3. Does anyone know if he has experience coaching a 4-3?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ordinator/

Edit note: I would really like to thank the Cardinals/Bidwell for mucking that up. We really appreciate it as Rams fans.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
From PFT:

Apparently Horton is no longer going to be the defensive Cordinator for the Arizona Cardinals. I wish somehow he could become part of the Rams staff. I know he runs a 3-4 defense, but maybe he could coach a 4-3. [hil]Does anyone know if he has experience coaching a 4-3?[/hil]

Edit note: I would really like to thank the Cardinals/Bidwell for mucking that up. We really appreciate it as Rams fans.
Not that I know of. But, like you said, he's a really really good coach who's worked with some great people. I don't know what they're thinking over there. Change for the sake of change isn't necessarily a good thing, but I'm glad that's their line of thinking right now. That was a tough defense to face.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
brokeu91 said:
From PFT:

Apparently Horton is no longer going to be the defensive Cordinator for the Arizona Cardinals. I wish somehow he could become part of the Rams staff. I know he runs a 3-4 defense, but maybe he could coach a 4-3. Does anyone know if he has experience coaching a 4-3?

I'd love to have Horton, I think he's the best DC in the NFL. He has experience in the 4-3 with Detroit as their DB Coach under Kurt Schottenheimer and with Washington. Also played in the 4-3 with Dallas in the early 90s and late 80s. But the majority of his experience as a player and coach is in the 3-4. Played for Dick LeBeau and Hank Bullough then coached under LeBeau for a good while.

He's run the 3-4 in all his time as DC.

If he did come here, I'd expect us to run the 3-4. Which scares me a tad because I wonder how Long would do...not his best fit imo. But Horton is a pretty amazing defensive mind so I'd still be all for it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fisher has said many times that the offensive and defensive schemes won't change no matter who comes and goes as dc and oc.

Vault 82

Rookie
Not unless he can run a 4-3. I do NOT want to see us go to a 3-4. And I'm pretty sure Fisher isn't going to change to a 3-4.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Vault 82 said:
Not unless he can run a 4-3. I do NOT want to see us go to a 3-4. And I'm pretty sure Fisher isn't going to change to a 3-4.
Really not likely. I mean - REALLY - not likely. Fisher has never had a 3-4 defense, or even been a part of a 3-4 defense as an assistant.

Vault 82

Rookie
X said:
Vault 82 said:
Really not likely. I mean - REALLY - not likely. Fisher has never had a 3-4 defense, or even been a part of a 3-4 defense as an assistant.

AAHH, music to my ears. :cheese:

bluecoconuts

Legend
If he's able to run a 4-3 I'd love him. If not, then oh well. He gets a lot from his defenses though.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh. Don't like that they got Arians. He is a good one......