Ravens trade their starting center to the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Ozzie Newsome is the smartest GM in the NFL so if he dumped him I wouldn't touch him.

Point taken, Les.

When Ozzie is ready to let a player go, you have to wonder.

Then again, not much risk to the Niners in swapping 6th round picks, is there?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Point taken, Les.

When Ozzie is ready to let a player go, you have to wonder.

Then again, not much risk to the Niners in swapping 6th round picks, is there?

Ravens were in CAP hell until they traded Zuttah, S.F. took over his two year $9.2mil salary.
At least now Baltimore should be able to afford their draft class.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again, Ravens fans said in no uncertain terms that he's an all around bad player. They said he's weak and gets overwhelmed at the POA. I trust other fanbases over PFF.
And they said he held a lot. God no

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Bills match on Groy then we need to grab this dude!! Needs to be our primary contingency plan.

Lot of these types make the fan base feel real good up until they see them on the field in preseason. It's not a good contingency plan if the guy isn't that good. I'm not all high on Groy like most others here, but Zuttah makes him look like a legit starter.

Oh and the Bills will probably not match Groy's offer, so think we'll be ok there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again, Ravens fans said in no uncertain terms that he's an all around bad player. They said he's weak and gets overwhelmed at the POA. I trust other fanbases over PFF.

I trust some fans remember the Titan fans that rejoiced when Coty Sensabaugh signed with the Rams and they were spot on. Does not always work that way, however, if you read several opinions in there lies the truth. Example William Hayes most of us would have very positive things to say about the mermaid loving defensive end and in fact, I have already informed a few Dolphin fans they got a good one.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The penalty count at the bottom of the page says that he was called for 10 and penalized for 6
Edit: holding penalties

So because some were declined or off-set you are giving him a pass ?

GRob received 16 penalties, not saying Zuttah's 6 were good, but still no comparison.

As for PFF, I'll go with PFF over fan votes most anytime, not that there aren't some exceptionally intelligent fan observations, but many are too emotionally involved to be unbiased, ... and even if imperfect, PFF has a pretty good method for breaking down scoring & grading. Nobody is claiming it as a bible, but it is a good guide, and allows us to compare what we observe for ourselves to what many retired and other coaches working for PFF compile on a play by play basis. There are several among us here who quote PFF when it is to their advantage and trash it when not, ... use it or don't, that's your business, but unless you watch NFL film of every player on every play, finding better sources may be difficult. There is a reason most media outlets quote PFF, the rest is up to you to discern on your own. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

GRob received 16 penalties, not saying Zuttah's 6 were good, but still no comparison.

As for PFF, I'll go with PFF over fan votes most anytime, not that there aren't some exceptionally intelligent fan observations, but many are too emotionally involved to be unbiased, ... and even if imperfect, PFF has a pretty good method for breaking down scoring & grading.

No, they really don't. Give me knowledgeable fan opinions every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

For example, if another team signs a Rams player, would you tell the fans of that team to trust PFF's opinion on that player over your own?

Nobody is claiming it as a bible, but it is a good guide, and allows us to compare what we observe for ourselves to what many retired and other coaches working for PFF compile on a play by play basis.

The Coach's Network doesn't compile anything for PFF. You're being misled by PFF's misleading advertising. The Coach's Network "verifies" the process and the results. Which basically means that they signed off on the process and rubber stamp the results. PFF hires average joes to put together the grades.

There are several among us here who quote PFF when it is to their advantage and trash it when not, ... use it or don't, that's your business, but unless you watch NFL film of every player on every play, finding better sources may be difficult. There is a reason most media outlets quote PFF, the rest is up to you to discern on your own. jmo.

That's the hilarious part. The fans of those teams DO watch the NFL film on every play of every player on their team. That's precisely why they're a better source than PFF.

Media outlets use PFF because they're lazy, and PFF's grading scale is convenient.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That's the hilarious part. The fans of those teams DO watch the NFL film on every play of every player on their team. That's precisely why they're a better source than PFF.

That's a ridiculous statement. What, maybe 1% of all NFL football fans subscribe to NFL Films ? And i'm being generous.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a ridiculous statement. What, maybe 1% of all NFL football fans subscribe to NFL Films ? And i'm being generous.

When you get a group of knowledgeable fans together who watch their team every week, they're going to be able to tell you how good or bad a guy is without having to watch the All-22. Of course, some of us do go back and watch the All-22.

You also conveniently ignored my question. Would you tell fans of another team to trust PFF's opinion on a Rams player over your own?

If the answer isn't yes, you're not practicing what you preach.

And don't even get me started on how flawed PFF's grading system is. I've already ranted about that in the past. I would have worked with those guys if it weren't for that atrocity.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

As for PFF, I'll go with PFF over fan votes most anytime, not that there aren't some exceptionally intelligent fan observations, but many are too emotionally involved to be unbiased, ... and even if imperfect, PFF has a pretty good method for breaking down scoring & grading. Nobody is claiming it as a bible, but it is a good guide, and allows us to compare what we observe for ourselves to what many retired and other coaches working for PFF compile on a play by play basis. There are several among us here who quote PFF when it is to their advantage and trash it when not, ... use it or don't, that's your business, but unless you watch NFL film of every player on every play, finding better sources may be difficult. There is a reason most media outlets quote PFF, the rest is up to you to discern on your own. jmo.
Robinson plays LT which is widely considered a more difficult position than center, and yet he had ten holding calls on him while Zutter had 5. So yes, it is comparable. Not to mention that we all used to crush Robinson for holding. And as many have said, it is very hard to judge lineman as they are a unit. I believe many of football players have showed their frustration with PFF. PFF does fine work I'm sure. But if you look around Ravens forums and news sites (head over to Baltimore Beatdown and their caption to the article on him says that he had a good 2016 but his tenure at baltimore was at best medicore) you will see that he is not sorely missed. Once again, take PFF grades with a nice grain of salt.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
When you get a group of knowledgeable fans together who watch their team every week, they're going to be able to tell you how good or bad a guy is without having to watch the All-22. Of course, some of us do go back and watch the All-22.

You also conveniently ignored my question. Would you tell fans of another team to trust PFF's opinion on a Rams player over your own?

If the answer isn't yes, you're not practicing what you preach.

And don't even get me started on how flawed PFF's grading system is. I've already ranted about that in the past. I would have worked with those guys if it weren't for that atrocity.

Getting your buddies together to watch a game on TV is very different from NFL film offering angles not necessarily shown by networks.
Still, I generally trust my own observations, but that's not to say a friend doesn't offer an alternate view which could change how I originally saw it. As i've said, PFF is a guide book which allows people the opportunity to verify their own findings by comparison as well get information on competing players and teams you aren't able to or don't have the time to watch. Your hostility towards PFF has been noted for years, and again, no one is stating they are the absolute final answer, but however you view PFF, they have thousands of subscribers who find it a useful tool, especially considering cost. Since you are so pissed off at PFF, perhaps apply with some company which can offer fans a better substitute at a competitive price. I've never overstated what PFF is or does, and for those of you who object to their content, well, ... I guess you all pay for and spend your hours watching NFL film ...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Robinson plays LT which is widely considered a more difficult position than center, and yet he had ten holding calls on him while Zutter had 5. So yes, it is comparable. Not to mention that we all used to crush Robinson for holding. And as many have said, it is very hard to judge lineman as they are a unit. I believe many of football players have showed their frustration with PFF. PFF does fine work I'm sure. But if you look around Ravens forums and news sites (head over to Baltimore Beatdown and their caption to the article on him says that he had a good 2016 but his tenure at baltimore was at best medicore) you will see that he is not sorely missed. Once again, take PFF grades with a nice grain of salt.

I understand he isn't a fan favorite, and perhaps there are many good reasons other than his 6 penalties for this, I sure hope so. You brought up GRob, not me, I simply pointed out you were incorrect on the number of penalties attributed to him.
As i've been saying for years, PFF is not the final answer, they are a guideline which allow me to compare notes and whether common ground in my own observations shows evidence of agreement or not. I have found that by and large, they offer a very useful service. jmo.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand he isn't a fan favorite, and perhaps there are many good reasons other than his 6 penalties for this, I sure hope so. You brought up GRob, not me, I simply pointed out you were incorrect on the number of penalties attributed to him.
As i've been saying for years, PFF is not the final answer, they are a guideline which allow me to compare notes and whether common ground in my own observations shows evidence of agreement or not. I have found that by and large, they offer a very useful service. jmo.
I brought up robinson I'm response to your using zuttah's holding stats. Time will tell though

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Getting your buddies together to watch a game on TV is very different from NFL film offering angles not necessarily shown by networks.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about forums like this one. You have a bunch of knowledgeable fans who are able to come to a consensus on players.

Still, I generally trust my own observations, but that's not to say a friend doesn't offer an alternate view which could change how I originally saw it. As i've said, PFF is a guide book which allows people the opportunity to verify their own findings by comparison as well get information on competing players and teams you aren't able to or don't have the time to watch. Your hostility towards PFF has been noted for years, and again, no one is stating they are the absolute final answer, but however you view PFF, they have thousands of subscribers who find it a useful tool, especially considering cost.

Again, you're not answering my question. Would you advise fans of another team to trust PFF's analysis of a Rams player over your own?

That's essentially what you're arguing we should do. We should ignore the analysis of the Ravens version of fans like you for PFF's grade.

Since you are so ticked off at PFF, perhaps apply with some company which can offer fans a better substitute at a competitive price. I've never overstated what PFF is or does, and for those of you who object to their content, well, ... I guess you all pay for and spend your hours watching NFL film ...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

I'm not ticked off at PFF. I'm disappointed that they had an opportunity to do something the right way and chose to do it the wrong way. And it makes me more disappointed to see people give them credibility simply because it's convenient.

I'm not interested in applying for a company like that. If I wanted to do that as a job, I'd start my own. But that's not the career path I'm going to take. The only thing that will get me to leave law is a chance to work in a NFL Front Office.(or if I invented something and started my own business) Beyond that, I'm content where I am.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyways, the one saving grace for Zuttah might be that he played well under Kubiak a few years ago, and Kyle Shanahan uses the same blocking scheme.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ravens fans had a "good riddance" attitude towards this

LOL. Fans, yeah they really have the answer.

Ozzie Newsome is the smartest GM in the NFL so if he dumped him I wouldn't touch him.

No he's not. Ozzie Newsome isn't any better or worse than most GMs. Why people still put him on a pedestal above others is beyond me.