Ravens trade their starting center to the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/report-ravens-releasing-jeremy-zuttah/

Report: Ravens releasing Jeremy Zuttah
Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2017

484360276-e1489590383612.jpg
Getty Images

The Ravens lost one starter from their offensive line when right tackle Rick Wagner signed with the Lions and they are reportedly losing another one by choice.

Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Media reports that the team is going to release center Jeremy Zuttah, age 30. Zuttah was set to make a $3.5 million base salary in 2017 and his departure would give the team just under $2.4 million in cap space.

Zuttah started 41 games for the Ravens over the last three seasons and played every game last season. He also spent several years as a starter in Tampa after the Buccaneers took him with the 83rd pick in the 2008 draft.

The Ravens also saw guard Vladimir Ducasse leave for Buffalo and haven’t added any offensive linemen to the roster in free agency thus far, which is something they could remedy in the coming days or via the draft next month.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Down 3 O-Lineman, I would say that's a position of need for them!!(y);):LOL:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Another option for us, either way there will be a huge upgrade over last year .

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
This guy played every game last year and made the Pro Bowl. I hope they make a strong run at him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This guy played every game last year and made the Pro Bowl. I hope they make a strong run at him.
I was just gonna say, I thought he played well...Seems as if Center is now what...over saturated??? I don't think we need another center...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Zuttah rated # 13 overall (PFF) among the 38 graded centers last season. Groy was # 23, Mangold 25, Barnes 31. Groy remains the youngest and largest of the group.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Wow Zuttah is only 30 and made the pro bowl last year?

If the Bills match on Groy then we need to grab this dude!! Needs to be our primary contingency plan.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow Zuttah is only 30 and made the pro bowl last year?

If the Bills match on Groy then we need to grab this dude!! Needs to be our primary contingency plan.
Buyer beware. The Ravens had a poop line and struggled in pass and run. Ravens fans on every blog are praising this cut

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW, Ravens fans say he sucks. Don't buy too much into PFF.

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
Pro Bowl says he's not half bad!

But seriously, we have zero true centers. Need to put a flier out on this guy if we don't get Groy

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pro Bowl says he's not half bad!

But seriously, we have zero true centers. Need to put a flier out on this guy if we don't get Groy
I've always been curious about how they pick pro bowl played. Janoris was a pro bowl alternate the year he left us and he wasn't a top 10 corner.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So much for releasing him. That's a great trade for the 9ers. Even if he ends up doing crap, which is unlikely.

Depends on how much interest there would have been elsewhere. They may have been able to have him at a cheaper contract with no draft compensation.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ozzie Newsome is the smartest GM in the NFL so if he dumped him I wouldn't touch him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So much for releasing him. That's a great trade for the 9ers. Even if he ends up doing crap, which is unlikely.

Again, Ravens fans said in no uncertain terms that he's an all around bad player. They said he's weak and gets overwhelmed at the POA. I trust other fanbases over PFF.