Ravens' Ramon Harewood fined $8,000 for block on Brockers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Aaron Wilson
The Baltimore Sun
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 1278.story

Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ramon Harewood was fined $8,000 by the NFL for an illegal block against the St. Louis Rams, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Harewood delivered a diving block to the right leg of St. Louis Rams first-round defensive tackle Michael Brockers as the former LSU star was running away from the Ravens' lineman in pursuit of the football. Brockers suffered a high right ankle sprain on the play that may sideline him for the first few games.

Harewood wasn't penalized for an illegal block, but has now been punished by the league office after a review of the play

A 6-foot-6, 334-pound former sixth-rond draft pick from Morehouse entering his third NFL season. Harewood is expected to appeal the fine.

Brockers was helped off the field by trainers and then carted into the locker room.

awilson@baltsun.com

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Re: Ravens' Ramon Harewood fined $8,000 for block on Brocker

Should have been 1 game suspension but it happened on instinct although it appear intentional. The one game would be more of a rude awakening over an $8k fine. We lose Brockers for at least 2 games (hopefully). At least we don't face Forte until week 3.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Way too complicated a call for the fucking replacement refs.

Hey Commandant Goodell ,,, thank you SO MUCH for having player safety on the top of your priority list... what a joke.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Selassie I said:
Way too complicated a call for the fucking replacement refs.

Hey Commandant Goodell ,,, thank you SO MUCH for having player safety on the top of your priority list... what a joke.
SO HOW could a "real ref" have stopped that?

I don't buy the connection, unless you have some "mens re" that Harewood thought that he'd get away with it because the refs were replacements I don't get it.
Item: The video crews are NOT replacements ,you WILL be fined for intentionaly dangerous play(Harewoods fine indicates that) so I just don't buy the unions spin that replacement refs are more dangerous.

I agree that the fine was too lenient ,it was as clear cut case of WHY clipping is illegal,it was dirty as my favorite ex girl friend ( the kind you don't bring home to mother) but officials aren't able to prevent they are re-active not pro-active and that game wasn't exceptionally chippy leading up to it so JMO you sort of over jumped your skis there mang.JMO. :tooth:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

No flag thrown on the illegal block. Chop block.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I remember Faulk yelling about it when it happened and again as the replay was shown.

Experienced football eyes pick these things up very easily.

These replacement refs are sub fucking par. Its a safety hazard not having the best out there. Money should be no problem if safety truly was the NFL's top priority.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Selassie I said:
I remember Faulk yelling about it when it happened and again as the replay was shown.

Experienced football eyes pick these things up very easily.

These replacement refs are sub fucking par. Its a safety hazard not having the best out there. Money should be no problem if safety truly was the NFL's top priority.

Well aparently money isn't the only issue, there is the contention that the quality diminishes once evaluation for playoff duty has been determined and that as the season wears on the NFL wants "bench" refs. they can sub in for crappy ones,which the union is resisting and IMO is JUST as much a safety issue so put that shoe on BOTH sides foot/feet....K?

And after 10 to 15 seconds of careful consideration I think money is prolly a minute issue in the grand scheme,just can't see the amount in question to be worth the league balking at,can you?
I mean consider measure here, really that much money is chump change for them,I have determined through ratiosenation it is about something more of a control nature.