Ravens offered Clay Matthews more money than Rams did

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd go straight to the 7 miles of beach at Bournemouth, UK!

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Good news that one of the best defenses thinks he can still offer something significant

Ram65

Legend
Didn't say how much more money. It is nice to know other teams were interested in the Rams free agent signees. The home town discounts are good for the Rams when older vets need a place to close out their careers.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Didn't say how much more money. It is nice to know other teams were interested in the Rams free agent signees. The home town discounts are good for the Rams when older vets need a place to close out their careers.

It pays to live in LA

oldnotdead

Legend
What this is saying is that this is a premier franchise. Top tier FO and elite HC, a team on the rise, a true Super Bowl Contender, but most of having a good team culture. FA's want to be here. Talib and Suh, and Weddle also had multiple offers but picked the Rams. Weddle, in particular, said it was going to be the Rams or no one and he would have retired. Players want to be here. It's a testament to McVay and Snead who treat their players with respect. There is a culture of caring for their players that resonates with these guys. They all know each other, regardless of team, so word gets around that the Rams are a contender that won't treat you like a piece of meat.

That other LA team plays in a tiny stadium filled with fans from opposing teams with cheap shyster Spanos as owner. That is the franchise that treated icons like Jr Seau and Rodney Harrison with contempt. This isn't Indy where fans boo a player who suffered crippling injuries playing for them.

No this is the Rams that paid AD and Gurley their due. This is the team that gave Robert Woods a raise because he outplayed his contract...not because they had to but because it was a sign of respect. It's why Goff isn't worried about his extension. He knows he will be treated fairly.

This is why every FA would come to the Rams if given the chance. No Mathews wasn't the first and he won't be the last. I'm hoping both Mathews and Weddle will have a place on the staff when their playing days are over. Their mentorship would be huge. Just watching Weddle coach up the DB's on the sidelines shows me how impactful his tenure here is going to be. Because of his mentorship, I think the secondary is going to be very good this year.

I have my reservations about how much Mathews has in his tank. But I hope he lights it up and basically gives GB the rigid digit. Damn, I can't wait for the season to start already!