Rate your latest trip

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I just got back from a trip to the UK, where I spent 4 days in Edinburgh and 4 in London.

Edinburgh: 10/10, would go again and live there. Weird that the sun doesn't totally go down until after midnight this time of year, but the fact that the city is built around the perfectly-preserved history of Holyrood Palace and Edinburgh Castle makes for a spectacular experience. See the 1 O'clock Gun, climb Arthur's Seat, and EAT HAGGIS, BECAUSE IT'S DELICIOUS.

London: 8/10, would be better if it wasn't coming right after Edinburgh, which blew my socks off. Good food, beautiful monuments, SO MUCH to do, wicked expensive. Go up in the London Eye, walk through Westminster Abbey to see all the dead awesome people, enjoy the marching band concert that is the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham, and get ready for some great cask ales. Warm and flat? More like "cool and delicious." Oh, and spend the five quid on an Oyster Card, it makes traveling by the Tube much easier... and god help you if you have to jump on the Victoria Line during rush hour on your way to the airport.

What was your latest trip, and how was it awesome?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
EAT HAGGIS, BECAUSE IT'S DELICIOUS
Would love to, but sheep's stomach is illegal for some reason in California, maybe the rest of the states too? Although I've heard most butchers will just sell it out the back door. Heading on a trip to Albuquerque in the next couple of weeks will let you know what's good, what's not.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would love to, but sheep's stomach is illegal for some reason in California, maybe the rest of the states too? Although I've heard most butchers will just sell it out the back door. Heading on a trip to Albuquerque in the next couple of weeks will let you know what's good, what's not.
In MA, it's the lungs that're illegal to eat, I think. They make lungless haggis at a Scottish restaurant in Jamaica Plain. I have yet to get down there now that I've discovered how good this is.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Last trip was to Pittsburgh for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final

Nashville Predators vs. the defending champion, Pittsburgh Penguins

Kind of a bucket list deal.

I don't have an NHL team in my market, so I've adopted the Penguins.

Back to back Stanley Cups!

Tremendous atmosphere.....playoff intensity

Worth every penny

The Saturday before that, in Dallas to see U2 perform the Joshua Tree

Pretty good 3 day weekend!

All with my wife on our 30th anniversary!

fearsomefour

Legend
Was in Dallas for a week third week of June.
Saw Metallica at Jerrys world.
Played a couple of rounds of golf, went to Top Golf as well, found some cool bars including one that had a bar and seats in a tree, wife got a tattoo, did the tourist stuff, JFK museum, worked on music a couple of days with friend and got a song written, saw Iron Maiden and Ghost last night there. Hard time with American Airlines trying to leave.
But a fun week.
Must say, people are polite drives in Texas. A refreshing change from out west.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
OP made this thread to brag about his UK trip. Amirite?

bnw

Pro Bowler
Oyster Card, it makes traveling by the Tube much easier... and god help you if you have to jump on the Victoria Line during rush hour on your way to the airport.
It has been a few years since I was in the Tube and it was outrageously crowded to the point that you had to bulldoze people to get out of the car before the doors closed. The cars were new and the stations were very clean. Exact opposite of Paris.(y)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
It has been a few years since I was in the Tube and it was outrageously crowded to the point that you had to bulldoze people to get out of the car before the doors closed. The cars were new and the stations were very clean. Exact opposite of Paris.(y)
My wife and I had to take different trains at first on our way to the airport - she got on one, I and the luggage on the next one, and we met a few stations later where we changed from Victoria to Piccadilly.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Well, I go to LA once or twice per month but I won't count that.

My last trip was in May. It went San Jose to LA (pick up girlfriend), then to Boston for a day and a half. Then it was across the pond to Barcelona (via Paris). Three nights in Barcelona then a train ride to Paris. Three nights in Paris then back to Boston. A night there then back to LA and finally home again in San Jose. Eleven days total.

Barcelona was fantastic! I'd love to go back! Great food, great sights, great location, wonderful people, and it wasn't expensive.

Paris? Well, there's definitely some cool stuff to see there but I think I've seen enough. We had some good eats there and met a few good people but the transportation "system" is a CF. De Gaulle airport makes "CF" look like a good thing. Upon landing there, it was a 30 minute drive in the plane just to get to the terminal. Another 20-25 minutes to deplane then begins the journey to a terminal we just "drove" past 30 minutes earlier to get to our connecting flight. A visit with Customs was waiting in the middle of the journey. We get there and I'm pleasantly surprised that there's only about 25 people in line and three Customs agents. Well, these clowns appeared to be enjoying themselves freaking with everybody...40 minutes later, we're now late for our flight. We got on board just as they were closing the door. I couldn't have been happier to be getting the freak out of that place! Another Paris trip is on the low side of doubtful. Although, taking the train from Barcelona to Paris, was a better way into the city.

If I ever go to France again, I think I'd rather travel up the Mediterranean coast from Barcelona and check out some of the French Riviera and hopefully Monaco. The Monaco GP is a bucket list kind of thing.

I had a great time in Boston and then in Barcelona. Paris was a distant third. On a positive note for Paris, I did really enjoy the sunset cruise on the Seine. That definitely was the highlight, for me anyway, in Paris.

The GF wants to go to Munich for Oktoberfest next year.

In the meantime, I'm trying to put together a four or five day "long weekend" in Cabo this fall. I'll have to work around the football schedule though...

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to bad really. Didn't fall far. Jumped right back up. Pretty good for an older guy. Kinda looked around. Nobody saw it. No bumps or bruises. All and all everything went OK.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Well, I go to LA once or twice per month but I won't count that.

My last trip was in May. It went San Jose to LA (pick up girlfriend), then to Boston for a day and a half. Then it was across the pond to Barcelona (via Paris). Three nights in Barcelona then a train ride to Paris. Three nights in Paris then back to Boston. A night there then back to LA and finally home again in San Jose. Eleven days total.

Barcelona was fantastic! I'd love to go back! Great food, great sights, great location, wonderful people, and it wasn't expensive.

Paris? Well, there's definitely some cool stuff to see there but I think I've seen enough. We had some good eats there and met a few good people but the transportation "system" is a CF. De Gaulle airport makes "CF" look like a good thing. Upon landing there, it was a 30 minute drive in the plane just to get to the terminal. Another 20-25 minutes to deplane then begins the journey to a terminal we just "drove" past 30 minutes earlier to get to our connecting flight. A visit with Customs was waiting in the middle of the journey. We get there and I'm pleasantly surprised that there's only about 25 people in line and three Customs agents. Well, these clowns appeared to be enjoying themselves freaking with everybody...40 minutes later, we're now late for our flight. We got on board just as they were closing the door. I couldn't have been happier to be getting the freak out of that place! Another Paris trip is on the low side of doubtful. Although, taking the train from Barcelona to Paris, was a better way into the city.

If I ever go to France again, I think I'd rather travel up the Mediterranean coast from Barcelona and check out some of the French Riviera and hopefully Monaco. The Monaco GP is a bucket list kind of thing.

I had a great time in Boston and then in Barcelona. Paris was a distant third. On a positive note for Paris, I did really enjoy the sunset cruise on the Seine. That definitely was the highlight, for me anyway, in Paris.

The GF wants to go to Munich for Oktoberfest next year.

In the meantime, I'm trying to put together a four or five day "long weekend" in Cabo this fall. I'll have to work around the football schedule though...
I really want to go to Barcelona, glad it's as awesome as it seems. I have been to Paris - enjoyed it a lot, but that was about five years ago. Munich for Oktoberfest would be incredible.

Did you have much time to enjoy Boston? I'm (obviously) a big fan having lived her for twelve years.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I really want to go to Barcelona, glad it's as awesome as it seems. I have been to Paris - enjoyed it a lot, but that was about five years ago. Munich for Oktoberfest would be incredible.

Did you have much time to enjoy Boston? I'm (obviously) a big fan having lived her for twelve years.
Boston was essentially just a stopover. It was the originating city for the Barcelona/Paris package. We only got to spend about a day and a half there on the way and about half a day on the way back. I'd like to spend some more time in Boston to see some more of this country's history. It seems like I've seen more of other countries' history...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Boston was essentially just a stopover. It was the originating city for the Barcelona/Paris package. We only got to spend about a day and a half there on the way and about half a day on the way back. I'd like to spend some more time in Boston to see some more of this country's history. It seems like I've seen more of other countries' history...
Ping me if you want suggestions whenever you're back in Boston. There's a ton to do and most of it you can walk to.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
On my last day of two weeks in Durango Colorado. Just got down from 3 day trek to the headwaters of the Rio Grande, fly fishing the beaver ponds at tree line, (11,000 ft.) caught a bunch of 3-5 lb. brook trout. Elk and mule deer have all the grassy spots looking like putting greens, otters playing in the creek. Georgous view of snow capped Mt. Evans and the Big Horn RAMS butting heads. You could hear it for miles.

I'm ready for some RAMS football.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Nice long ride using highways 21 and 142 and 19 from St. Louis to Arkansas and back.

Great curves and rolling hills to throw the NC700X around. Getting itchy foot (Wolves of Calla Dark Tower reference) again.

Last edited: