Rate the people covering the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I like Wagoner the most, followed by JT and Shane. I think Burwell does a good job when he covers the Rams, but he's a columnist and doesn't do it very often. I'm on the fence with Gordon (who's primary job is the Blues) and Sando (who is a Seahawks homer). I used to like Bernie, I though he had been fair in the past. Now he's just a big negative guy and says nothing positive about the Rams whatsoever. Also if Bruce and Holt don't get into the Hall of Fame, I will blame Bernie

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jim Thomas
Everyone else.

I always seem to agree with Memphis so this is the same old song, but IMO Thomas does not get enough credit. He's not about shine, he's about substance and he gets it right. Would I like more of Jim Thomas? Yes, however, I know when Thomas reports or tweets, he's just not whistling dixie.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I would rate all of them less than average when compared to what I read from other markets. That goes for all forms of media. Living in Orlando I get to see coverage of 3 different NFL teams everyday,,, not to mention the college teams and the coverage they get. It is disappointing from my pov.

The worst part for me though is the obvious rift that exists between the Rams and the local STL media (especially the PD). You can see it and hear it in both the coaches and the players... makes for shit coverage for the most part.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like me some Thomas. He is dry and to the point, but that beats the boogers out having to read Bernies antagonistic drivel. That turd has morphed into a Midwestern Skip Bayless.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I used to like Jim Thomas until he went on and on about Todd Hewitt's non-contract renewal.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I rate Wagoner and Thomas at the top. It's weird because I used to dislike Burwell and like Bernie. Now, Bernie annoys the pee pee out of me. Those videos, where it's like he is reading you a 6th grade level essay are insufferable. (Introductory paragraph stating what's to come, 3 bullcrap followup paragraphs, one shameless pizza plug, summary paragraph). The PD picked the wrong guy to base subscription articles on. I'm not paying for drivel that is purposely controversial, sprinkled with constant qualifiers that are used to get him off the hook for having a real opinion. He wants to stir the pot while still having an out to claim he "could be wrong."

Bernie has been in a decline for many years IMO. You've summed up what he is and his style pretty cleanly here.

cracengl

Rookie
Bernie has been in a decline for many years IMO. You've summed up what he is and his style pretty cleanly here.
Thanks man, although I almost hate to be right. I remember reading Bernie in the printed Post as a kid. I think the decline of printed news, along with the polarization of media makes for a perfect shit storm. I guess you have to try whatever to keep making money...I'll also add that the entire sports sections seems to be too broke to employ an editor too. I'm not always the most grammatically correct, but I'm not paid to be either. Spell check = your friend.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like (in no particular order) Nick Wagoner, Martin Kilcoyne, Maurice Drummond, Randy Karraker, Steve Savard and Bryan Burwell. Most of that is for video and audio coverage though. I think print has been ruined for me with all the bloggers and fan sites. I dare not read anything lest my mind become contaminated by all the douchebaggery that runs rampant out there. The guy I really liked to listen to was Gus Frerotte, but he doesn't cover them anymore.

Bernie and Gordon can holds hands as they jump off a cliff. Bernie with his flip-flopping ass and Gordon with his stupid report cards that he uses to test his stand-up material. They're both asshats. Sando used to be good, but he's all ESPN-y now. Jim Thomas is alright. So, that's about it.
I couldn't agree with you more about Bernie and Gordon. I too used to like Sando but it seems to me, more and more he's turned into a 'Closet' Homer for Seattle!

tonyl711

Starter
I always seem to agree with Memphis so this is the same old song, but IMO Thomas does not get enough credit. He's not about shine, he's about substance and he gets it right. Would I like more of Jim Thomas? Yes, however, I know when Thomas reports or tweets, he's just not whistling dixie.
I like JT because he doesn't put BS out there, if he is not sure about something he wont write about it, or if he does he explains that he isn't sure and why. he doesn't try to sugarcoat things also doesn't bash. his chats are pretty informative and he comes across as pretty knowledgeable in them.

cracengl

Rookie
I used to like Jim Thomas until he went on and on about Todd Hewitt's non-contract renewal.
Yeah that was lame. I'm sure he wasnt the only person screwed over by Little Hitler Spags. I bet the only people who didn't hate Spags were old beat up vets who got bigger contracts than they ever could have dreamed.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah. What was weird about that to me is that just a few weeks prior (and I wish I had a link) he said something to the effect of not caring about the L.A. history of the team, because he's a St. Louisan (which is an attitude I don't think most St. Louisans share, just to head that off.)

Then he starts ranting along with the rest of them about how this guy worked for the L.A. team for SO long.

I'm still completely and utterly convinced Hewitt was a locker room leak, and that's why the P-D tried to make such a big deal about his non renewal.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm still completely and utterly convinced Hewitt was a locker room leak, and that's why the P-D tried to make such a big deal about his non renewal.

Agreed. He was leaking info.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Boffo and CGI that has been discussed before and I always wonder how much could he actually leak.

He was the equipment guy. He may have occassionally overheard something.....who knows.

But.....what was ever reported during his tenure that would make anyone think he should be fired.

If ANY reporter in STL should have been fired for a relationship with the Rams it should have been Bernie for going to work for Martz as an image consultant or whatever the title was for that BS. The paper should have terminated him on the spot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Boffo and CGI that has been discussed before and I always wonder how much could he actually leak.

He was the equipment guy. He may have occassionally overheard something.....who knows.

But.....what was ever reported during his tenure that would make anyone think he should be fired.

If ANY reporter in STL should have been fired for a relationship with the Rams it should have been Bernie for going to work for Martz as an image consultant or whatever the title was for that BS. The paper should have terminated him on the spot.

Keep in mind, he wasn't fired. His contract wasn't renewed.

How much could he leak? You're right, probably not much... But if I was running the team I wouldn't tolerate even the slightest breach of trust.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Keep in mind, he wasn't fired. His contract wasn't renewed.

How much could he leak? You're right, probably not much... But if I was running the team I wouldn't tolerate even the slightest breach of trust.

Sort of the same, he had worked for the team for a couple of decades. Not renewing his contract isn't the same as firing but in spirit it is.

Maybe it's my Spagnuolo bias showing.