Rate the people covering the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Among journalists covering the Rams, how do you rate from high to low?

As far as I can remember, this list would include Shane Grey (put at the top because he'd let me hear it if I forget him ;) ), Sando, Wagoner, Burwell, Gordon, Bernie, Thomas and maybe another P-D guy or two I can't remember.... and maybe some people elsewhere I can't remember.

Interested in hearing who you think has credibility and who doesn't... although I do anticipate one name scoring really low.

Last edited:

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jim Thomas
Everyone else.
Thank you for the reminder on Thomas. I *knew* I was forgetting someone, and thankfully it wasn't too late to edit him in.

Yeah, Thomas' stuff has typically been very good.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like (in no particular order) Nick Wagoner, Martin Kilcoyne, Maurice Drummond, Randy Karraker, Steve Savard and Bryan Burwell. Most of that is for video and audio coverage though. I think print has been ruined for me with all the bloggers and fan sites. I dare not read anything lest my mind become contaminated by all the douchebaggery that runs rampant out there. The guy I really liked to listen to was Gus Frerotte, but he doesn't cover them anymore.

Bernie and Gordon can holds hands as they jump off a cliff. Bernie with his flip-flopping ass and Gordon with his stupid report cards that he uses to test his stand-up material. They're both asshats. Sando used to be good, but he's all ESPN-y now. Jim Thomas is alright. So, that's about it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I like (in no particular order) Nick Wagoner, Martin Kilcoyne, Maurice Drummond, Randy Karraker, Steve Savard and Bryan Burwell. Most of that is for video and audio coverage though. I think print has been ruined for me with all the bloggers and fan sites. I dare not read anything lest my mind become contaminated by all the douchebaggery that runs rampant out there. The guy I really liked to listen to was Gus Frerotte, but he doesn't cover them anymore.

Bernie and Gordon can holds hands as they jump off a cliff. Bernie with his flip-flopping ass and Gordon with his stupid report cards that he uses to test his stand-up material. They're both asshats. Sando used to be good, but he's all ESPN-y now. Jim Thomas is alright. So, that's about it.

Shane?

FRO

Legend
I like Wagoner and Thomas the most. Bernie sucks so bad I don't know how to quantify it. Everybody else is equal.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Never thought I would say this. I'm with Boffo. But here I am again, and it's not like we're walking into a srtange bar togrther and making that announcement. Shane was a pleasure and I, like X, wonder where he has been.

PS I'm with Boffo69, not97.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never thought I would say this. I'm with Boffo. But here I am again, and it's not like we're walking into a srtange bar togrther and making that announcement. Shane was a pleasure and I, like X, wonder where he has been.

I *heart* reference jokes.

jjab360

Legend
Among journalists covering the Rams, how do you rate from high to low?

As far as I can remember, this list would include Shane Grey (put at the top because he'd let me hear it if I forget him ;) ), Sando, Wagoner, Burwell, Gordon, Bernie, Thomas and maybe another P-D guy or two I can't remember.... and maybe some people elsewhere I can't remember.

Interested in hearing who you think has credibility and who doesn't... although I do anticipate one name scoring really low.
Wagoner

Thomas
Shane

Sando
Burwell
Gordon

Bernie

RamzFanz

Damnit

You need an avatar. You see dat ass over there? Dat ass is saying, go get an avatar.

Speeps

Starter
Wagoner is the hands down best!

Bernie doesn't deserve to be on the list, much less even be considered.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I don't know who to thank, but damn, I'm gracious! I don't look like a dickhead anymore. I think.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I like Wagoner and Thomas the most. Bernie sucks so bad I don't know how to quantify it. Everybody else is equal.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

Wagoner is the best and pretty fair.

Bernie, good lord.

cracengl

Rookie
I rate Wagoner and Thomas at the top. It's weird because I used to dislike Burwell and like Bernie. Now, Bernie annoys the piss out of me. Those videos, where it's like he is reading you a 6th grade level essay are insufferable. (Introductory paragraph stating what's to come, 3 bullshit followup paragraphs, one shameless pizza plug, summary paragraph). The PD picked the wrong guy to base subscription articles on. I'm not paying for drivel that is purposely controversial, sprinkled with constant qualifiers that are used to get him off the hook for having a real opinion. He wants to stir the pot while still having an out to claim he "could be wrong."

FRO

Legend
I rate Wagoner and Thomas at the top. It's weird because I used to dislike Burwell and like Bernie. Now, Bernie annoys the pee pee out of me. Those videos, where it's like he is reading you a 6th grade level essay are insufferable. (Introductory paragraph stating what's to come, 3 bullcrap followup paragraphs, one shameless pizza plug, summary paragraph). The PD picked the wrong guy to base subscription articles on. I'm not paying for drivel that is purposely controversial, sprinkled with constant qualifiers that are used to get him off the hook for having a real opinion. He wants to stir the pot while still having an out to claim he "could be wrong."
Liking this post wasn't enough. You summed it all up perfectly.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I liked Shane Gray too. He was one of the few who tried to be objective, fair and honest in his writing. Hope he reappears somewhere because he is no longer listed among the writers at 101 sports. Interesting that some of their most recent columns are published without a byline.